Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

NBR #dinnerchat

1072 posts, 18 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
Good idea, tabucutie!

Share your meal ideas, recipes etc here....

coz beauty includes nutrition, foods that make your soul happy, and all the rest of it!
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Ha love it. I think all our dinner chat is definitely influencing me, I wrote a blog article last night that included recipes which isn't the usual for a beauty and travel blog. But talking about food seems to be quite a popular topic at the moment.

Tonight I'll probably do my Friday wedges and wine. Then cook up a storm over the weekend, ready for another busy week.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I got a rude awakening at 1am, the house shook and heard a massive bang! Went outside and someone had crashed into the power poles, power lines were down across the road, was so freaky I had to call the cops! They somehow drove off and I heard them crash again up the road ffs! So the moral of the story is we have had no power since 5am so my cooking is very limited lol.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Ooooh those bloody punks lisa!!! How rude indeed! I hope your power comes back soon, i absolutely hate powercuts (a few hours, fine. 3 days, no thanks!)

Takeaways here, gunna have pizza from the local joint. Cannot wait /drooling

Also tabu i bought waffles after seeing your dennys dessert and omg. No ragerts hahahah
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
Woah Lisa that's crazy! Drunk young idiots most likely.

I'm just sitting here eating salami sticks ... I'm a culinary genius :)
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Mmmmm waffles sound so good!
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Oh I haven't had waffles in so long. Might have to have some sometime soon.

And that is no fun Lisa, not a great day for you I imagine.

shazatron101
5112 posts
They are so good!!  Found them at countdown, brand is Toscano, omg. They have lil flakies of sugar that get all warm n crunchy once toasted and omg ill never make them again as these are superior hahahaha
trudijoy
8375 posts
mmmmmm waffles.

i like them best with fried chicken though haha.  A cafe up here does the BESSSSSST chicken and waffles
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
OMG chicken waffles rock my world. I eat low carb but I reckon I'd cave big time if they were put near my face! *Dribble*
trudijoy
8375 posts
I indulged my Chinese food cravings tonight and got bbq pork, vegies and cashew nuts, wontons and a potato fritter. 

why do Chinese places only sell family potions lol, I'll be eating the bbq pork all weekend! 

Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Lol Jackie have you tried chaffles? I make a cheese, egg sometimes a little almond meal mix and put in my waffle machine. They have so many uses! You can also make then sweet!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Mmmm. Cheese waffles 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Ive seen the chaffles, but cheese and sweet just weirded me out!!! Like.. what??? 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Lol nooooo......there's no cheese in the sweet ones lmao
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
The Toscano waffles are the last ones I had. I wanted Belgium leige waffles and they were pretty close. My fave are homemade with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce.

I haven't tried cheese waffles but I did try the macaroni cheese waffle/burger at Auckland Airport, that was fun.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Is there not? The videoes i watched recently say differently lol i was like... the heck? But more vulgar piratey lol
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Oh! I don't know then lol maybe cream cheese. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Nah this was definitely mozzarella hahaha but it did make me want some fresh mozzarella so it wasnt a total loss lmao

I think i watched it on a tasty video, and they make a looooot of weird stuff so i wouldn't be surprised if it was
MareeB
5239 posts
I did too Trudi! I got a chicken chow mein.I also got a fish and chips so I am having a serious food hangover, which I know will stop me sleeping, and I have work early in the morning silly girl ... and even worse, half of the food went in the bin - ouch!
MareeB
5239 posts
Oh Lisa that is horrendous! it's lucky no one got killed (presuming no one did..)
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
No I haven't actually tried chaffles but see they're very popular in the keto community. I am a crazy cheese person though, couldn't live without it! I have been loving grated mozzarella lately. On its own its blend but love it on meatballs and my courgette nachos etc. The stringiness makes my heart content
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Lol I love cheese too! I put it on everything. My partners work gave him a cheese voucher for xmas! Omg I was in heaven! So many fancy pants cheeses......mmmmm
shazatron101
5112 posts
Oh my god id die for a cheese voucher hahahaha thats amazing! 

the man used to get a massive hamper with a ham which was eppiiccc but hes since changed jobs and i think he got a box of scorched almonds last year hahahahahaha bit of a down grade :-P
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Lol yes scorched almonds are a downgrade! Speaking of cheese I made tacos tonight and I made the shells out of cheese lol. They are so good!
tabucutie
1811 posts
Yass shaz! I'm definitely keen to try making it myself.

Ended up having Mexicali Fresh for dinner last night and tonight. Mexicali fries with queso (cheese) sauce its soo good.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Well they made up for it tonight - as a thanks to their essential workers they were given like 2kg of butter and 1kg of cheese slices - certainly not everyone's cup of tea but i rightly squealed hahaha 2 500g blocks and then like 11 or 12 sticks of butter lol definitely stuff they export cos we cant get sticks here but ohhhh my god. Buuttterrrr 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Hahaha that is so random! I'd certainly love to get cheese and butter :-)
tabucutie
1811 posts
Butter sticks that's so cool, very american lol.
shazatron101
5112 posts
It really is! These particular ones are exported to fiji and some other islands so im super stoked to have them in me freezer haha
tabucutie
1811 posts
Such a novelty. I think its unfair we ship things worldwide that we dont even sell here.
trudijoy
8375 posts
It always cracks me up at the airport when the Japanese and Chinese signs have butter as a GWP. Mentioned it to Japanese friends and they were all like' oh bring me butter'.

ive had a crap Day. Got rained on and racially abused on my walk. Posted about it on FB bc I was upset and angry and FB removed it and issued me with a 'hate speech' warning even though all I did was quote him 

so dinner was quick. Louisiana Chicken wraps and I have yet another crumble in the oven 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hahahaha wtf trudi??? Thats rough!! Please have a wine and a relax because whatever they said well, theyre just jackasses!
trudijoy
8375 posts
I saved the  post shaz will ig you
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
That's horrible Trudi! So many A holes out there! 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I had a quick tea also. Satay kebabs with mixed veges. Really couldn't even be bothered eating.
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
That's shocking Trudi, idiots!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yeah she's been a monday :/
shazatron101
5112 posts
Oooh i had stew thanks to soozie and her reminding me, and so the squidlet also had stew and then half a bowl of baby mousse because dessert is yes and vegetables are a bloody no!
AboutFace
412 posts
That's horrible Trudi, people who put others down are insecure within themselves. Have a nice glass of wine and try not to give that person another thought, they're not worth it :-)
MareeB
5239 posts
Oh Trudi that's just horrible. There are some nasty people in the world who don't realise they are creating their own karma with this type of behaviour. I hope you're ok x
tabucutie
1811 posts
I saw your IG yesterday trudi, that was intense and unnecessary.  Hope you are doing better today.

No dinner last night as had a late lunch of Queso and Corn Chips again.
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Sorry to hear that Trudi, I've come across a few unnecessarily aggressive people recently, there is just no excuse for treating people like that.
trudijoy
8375 posts
thanks guys.

rudeness from stress is one thing, coming at me about being an arrogant entitled white (swear words) for asking them not to take up the entire footpath is just next level.  
trudijoy
8375 posts
it's raining and i only wanna go out in it one time for a walk today (unless it's pouring after work in which case today is a rest day) so i made dumplings for lunch instead and they were SO GOOD.

I use the 'Leanne's Kitchen' frozen ones, which are usually 2 bags for $5/6 and heat a bit of sesame oil, fry the underside a bit, half cover them in water, pop the lid on and steam until the waters gone, then leave the lid off and let them re-fry and crisp up on the bottom.  SO so so tasty and perfect on a rainy day!
shazatron101
5112 posts
Made beef massaman(?) curry in the slow cooker, never made it before, it was decent! Will probably make it again. 

Feeling a real lack of inspiration since lockdown so trying to make something new once a week
trudijoy
8375 posts
Hey shaz if there is anything I've made you want a recipe for let me know, kept all the HelloFresh ones:) 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I'm so happy.

dinner was a simple satay chicken salad (using up fridge bits) but dessert was brandy snaps.  They are my absolute fave dessert and so hard to find outside of Christmas
shazatron101
5112 posts
Ooh truly? Maybe ill have to have a stalk hahahahahahaaha any you recommend? Feel free to ig them to me hahahaha cuz yeah seriously feeling blah with food
trudijoy
8375 posts
Cool will send some yum ones. Might need to adapt slightly where they've provided a packet seasoning but normal supermarket ones will be fine 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!