Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

NBR 'A Star is Born'

17 posts, 5 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
You guyyyyyyys.

How good is that movie? I went yesterday afternoon and I'm now binge-listening the soundtrack. I didn't actually cry, came close though, but it's the first movie I've seen in a very long time where everyone just sat enthralled, and made no sound. It finished and noone moved, we just all kinda sat there for a moment taking it all in.

SO GOOD. If you haven't been, GO.

(check the trigger warnings first though, just in case xx)
siouxsannah
261 posts
I know what you mean! I did not know how it was going to end beforehand. I admit I had a big cry when Lady Gaga sings the song at the end. So sad. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
that was one of three moments where i nearly lost it but held it together <3
MareeB
5241 posts
Awww I saw the original with Barbra Streisand and Kris Kristofferson. (I rode there on my dinosaur :(  #wasit reallythatlongago ).  I remember loving it.
trudijoy
8375 posts
i haven't seen any of the three prior ones Maree, didn't even know it was a remake until I IMDB'd it after i watched this one!

Crazy relateable with a makeup free Gaga and a flawed hero you can't help but be drawn to anyway!
MareeB
5241 posts
Yikes - I didn't realise there'd been three previous! must be a popular story!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Yeap the very first film came out 80 years ago! It's always been very well adapted for the age it has been made in which is why it's been so popular each time. I also looooooooove the Streisand/Kristoffsen one, Maree. My mum played that soundtrack a lot! Remember the concert at the end......"watch closely now....are you watching me now?...." Waaaaahhhhhhh!!!!! 

I think I'll wait a little longer to see it so I can have the cinema to myself and bawl my eyes out. I even cried at Dr Who the other night lol. 
MareeB
5241 posts
LOL Soozie - I'll wait for the DVD then I can watch it at home alone!There was that one, The Rose, and Aloha Bobby and Rose that stood out for me. I looked for Aloha Bobby and Rose on DVD but it was never re-released after the original sadly, cos it was  right bottler of a movie -  totally loved everything about it.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I don't remember Aloha Bobby and Rose but you can get it on DVD on eBay and Amazon 
MareeB
5241 posts
Omg you're right! which is safer to buy through - ebay or amazon? I've never bought anything from either?
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Either is fine. Just make sure it is zoned for the right DVD zone if your DVD player isn't universal. 
MareeB
5241 posts
Thanks Soozie!
trudijoy
8375 posts
yeah maree different stories each time, i believe, but the same premise.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Trudi I am yet to watch it but OMG I listened to the soundtrack last night and wow! I'm not usually a fan of Lady Gaga at all but her voice blew me away!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yep Lisa she literally leaves Gaga at the door - bare faced and simply dressed through most of the movie and very straight up vocals without all the gaga production, character and hype. Bradley Cooper smashes the vocals too.

ive been obsessed with Shallow and I’ll always remember us this way ever since 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I can't wait to watch it! Bradley Coopers voice is amazing! 
Ohhh yes they are my 2 favourite songs too!  Lol so many exclamations I must be excited :-)
trudijoy
8375 posts
Go toilet first. It’s not a movie you can walk away from

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!