Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

NBR - Coffee Machine

5 posts, 3 members
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Hi ladies.  Does anyone use a coffee machine? I am wanting to buy one for a gift and looking for recommendations please. I don't want to spend more than $200. Briscoes has one from $400 to $150. Would a cheap one even be worth it? Thanks in advance! :-)
Imoshen
461 posts
Depends on what type of coffee machine you're after, a manual one, an automatic one or a capsule machine. 

Manual ones are cheaper but require more work put into the coffee and it can vary from cup to cup.  Automatic ones give a consistent cup and can be easier to clean but they are much more expensive.

Capsule ones are a great introduction but maybe not so flash on the environment.  Nespresso, has a recycling scheme where you can put all your used capsules into a pre-purchased bag and when it's full you can drop it into a post shop free of charge to be sent back to Nespresso.

If the Nespresso option sounds reasonable (and yes you can buy supermarket capsules that fit Nespresso) and just looking on the Farmers website there is one there for $240 including the coffee machine and the milk frother.  The problem with this option, it's pretty much only good for 1-2 cups at time, if you're feeding a tribe you'd want a bigger machine.

I have a little Nespresso machine and love it.  So easy to use and clean.  Nespresso will even send you a reminder when you need to descale it after buying so many capsules.

Hope this was helpful!
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Excellent thanks for your reply! That was very helpful indeed. I saw the one online at farmers which does look great. Some great info to think about. Cheers! 
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I bought myself a coffee capsule machine recently as it was a buy 6 packs of capsules ($60) and get the machine for free. Best purchase ever. It's called a Capina I think. Online at Mighty Ape. The brand of coffee in there is Vittoria and the coffee tastes so good, now I'm addicted lol.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
That's a pretty sweet deal mumof3! I'm away at the moment so will be going shopping on Saturday see what I can find :-)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!