Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

NBR...have you put up your xmas decs yet?

49 posts, 34 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
Im away for much of december so i caved and did mine tonight. Currently drinking a glass of bubbles with strawberries in it, with a xmas candle burning, my fIry lights on and a xmas vibe in the air :)
kirstyj
1732 posts
I'm waiting for December the 1st... Just a wee tradition. It is what Mum always did so now I do it as well. I am going to get them all out this weekend though so I'm ready to go. I do already have my advent calendars out though so it is already looking quite festive.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I usually wait kirsty but im out of home for most of dec so...
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Kirstyj I always grew up with the same tradition :) so 1st of December it is for us too :) Fiance birthday is on the 30th of november so works out perfectly. I however never took down the Christmas lights from last year so they are still up hahaha. When people ask I say "I knew I'd have a new born so I left them there so I don't have to do it in December". Really? I was just too Lazy to take them down lol
Ringy
825 posts
I thinking Sunday afternoon is a good time to start moving the boxes around the garage and dust them off ready for Tuesday- I usually put the tree up during the day and let the kids do some decorating, then...this is where the magic of Christmas happens... the 'Christmas fairies' come and redecorate it into how mum would like it, magically overnight. We had two trees last year but I think we will just have the one this year.

shazatron101
5112 posts
Nope :D come December 1st though... Fiance is going to come home and not know what hit him. It's going to be fantastic >:D. He's not huge on Christmas decorations/ Christmas in general but he lets me do whatever I want because he knows how happy it makes me! 
MareeB
5244 posts
Id love to see the end result Shaz! probably we'll put a tree in each of our two bay windows but that's all - that takes long enough! I don't have any children around now so it's not so much fun. The trees and their lights look good from the street in the ceiling to floor windows I have.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hahhaahahahaha Ringy, "fairies" hahahahaha thats so good. I am laughing so much. And Maree, I'll see what I can do haha I don't go crazy over the top (like my mother) but I'll probably throw a pic on the photowall for you ;-) 
MareeB
5244 posts
That sounds cool Shaz - you might inspire me to do better !!!
Macs
5351 posts
On the first of December the kids love to put the tree up. Then they rock paper scissors to put the star on lol
kirstyj
1732 posts
Funny Shazatron! I'm the same. My partner hates it and I love it so he lets me go nuts with the decorating (it isn't that nuts everything has to be off the floor so the dog doesn't eat anything she shouldn't). I have two advent calendars already, and one for the dog. I offered to get my partner a chocolate one and he wasn't that keen for one!!! Nuts I tell ya.
shazatron101
5112 posts
hahahahaha Kirsty I have to make sure there aren't any dangling baubles or the cats have a field day with them... little jerks. I might have to convince Fiance to go to the warehouse (again) so I can get one haha. I wanted to get him a light up Star Wars one but as he doesn't like Christmas I don't think he would've appreciated it! That's also really cut your dawggie gets one haha sah cute
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Ooo, good idea Shaz! I'd love to see peoples xmas set ups on the photo wall...although just thinking about it, I'm not sure if I should be encouraging that as I guess it's not a 'Beauty Look' lol...I just love seeing awesomely decorated lounges and stuff!

I never do xmas decorations as we never had any growing up and I've just never really thought much of it...but just thinking about it now, I think you ladies might have inspired me to decorate our place! It would make such a nice change. Yay, I'm excited! Can go spend the money I saved not buying the Hourglass palette on frivolous xmas items instead. Tehe.
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Well I have these solar powered colored fairy lights around the ceiling in my room all year around. So everyday is like christmas for me :)
trudijoy
8375 posts
I'm allllll about the fairy lights :)
-Bex-
611 posts
I wish!!! The man of the house hates decorations up too early as he feels completely sick of it by the time Christmas Day arrives especially when shops are decorated in September. We usually get sorted around the 10th 
Macs
5351 posts
My partner hates the xmas decorations too Bex. Lucky for him I only do a tree with lights on.
-Bex-
611 posts
it's so frustrating macs although he LOVES the fairy lights and decorates everything with fairy lights outside so I'll give him credit for that
Macs
5351 posts
If he had it his way there wouldn't be a christmas lol Thats nice that he does that. My one wont go near any of it. I wish he would for the kids.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I wait till December 1st to start decorating. But I've brought this gorgeous standing santa so he's kinda out on the coffee table.
janini9
341 posts
I now only put up the Xmas tree a few days before Xmas and it's the two dogs fault. I would like a real Xmas tree this year, but we have to be careful as one of the dogs eats the pine needles and then throws up, and we eventually end up at the vets. Also we can't have any Xmas chocolate ornaments or candy canes on the tree because the dogs pinch them and eat them - even the ones right up high and we end up at the vets. So last year I thought I would upgrade the Xmas lights to make the tree prettier and add colour and sparkle since there's no Xmas eats on the tree  (due to the Xmas goodie stealing dogs). I got these beautiful blue led lights with 8 different program's of light display and draped them over and around the tree, turned them on and the dogs went absolutely pyscho. Lights had to stay off the entire time. We also can't put prezzies under the tree because once again the dogs steal them and rip them open, then have a set to over whose getting the treasure they stole  and we end up at the vets - sigh! 

Rezee
1964 posts
I think we will be setting up the tree on the 1st. I like seeing it all pretty in our lounge. Janini, I can't put presents out till the night before or treats on the tree because of little people who touch lol.
mallomiss
569 posts
I'm the Grinch so I leave it for as long as possible. 
Last year I didn't put anything up. The kids didn't miss out as were away anyway. 
This year we're home until Xmas Eve & my older son asked the other day if we were putting the tree up, so we're going to do ours on Monday as The boys are away the rest of the week with me going to Auckland. 

I found the other day these neat little Lanterns & strings of mini Lanterns, so thought I might grab some of them too. 

kknz
82 posts
Usually 1st of December here as well, but the child is away at her father's on the 1st, so we're doing it tomorrow, Christmas already puked all over her room. 
ragingfrog
1289 posts
My work will be fully decked out for xmas, so I don't do much at home as I normally get together with friends elsewhere.
Mila
1209 posts
I havent yet but I  will be starting to get xmas ready very shortly ...although I have manged to finish my xmas shopping oh yeah !!!

I love xmas decorations not so much xmas music but I feel I may have to learn to love xmas music for my little one ....

I like to put the tree up but not the presents under it until closer to xmas my lab sometimes just cannot control herself and a sneaky present might jus dissapear !!
Lutece
1849 posts
That sounds really comforting Trudi :) I wish I could share some bubbles with you :)

I also hope that people upload their pics to the photo wall, we dont normally do big christmas decorations in my home because its so small. I love seeing everyones decorations on facebook :)
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
He he he nope not yet, I'm putting tree and decorations up on 1st December x
MissQT
1547 posts
not yet, we are always quite late with putting up our tree but I think we'll try and do it early this time.
Artemis
311 posts
We're not decorating for Christmas this year, we'll be spending it with our families and our wee one is in that pre-walking stage of getting into EVERYTHING, I spend most of my day just chasing after him and getting him out of trouble, a tree wouldn't last 5 seconds in our house right now! Next year, we definitely will though. 
Artemis
311 posts
Would love to see everyone elses decorations though! Saw Chikoboos on Instagram the other day (I've become an IG addict overnight)
astylecollector
204 posts
I may be one of the few that won't have any decorations in our house. I didn't do it last year either as we just moved to our house and was still getting settled. This year I won't be either because we'll be going away so I don't see a point of that. We also don't have any storage space for a Christmas tree and decorations afterwards. The only thing Christmassy is a candle I accidentally bought that lights up.
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
I love that others are in the xmas spirit :)  I for one don't get in to the holiday spirit with a fractured family unit so choose not to decorate at all.  I applaude all you who do though because it definitely raises ones spirits when its done as well as excite the kiddly winks.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Tomorrow my lovely little banana, you are going to get bombarded with snaps hahaha is it bedtime yet!?!?!? Must decorate...
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
lol yussss bring them on phtannon I am looking forwward to seeing your xmas wonderland
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hahaha wait til mum puts all her stuff up, you'll get more hahahahahahahaha shes way more cray
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I can't put up Christmas decorations this year, as we're moving house a week before Christmas ... but I've painted my nails with a Christmas theme instead!
sam_clarkson
205 posts
I need a new xmas tree desperately and we are not home for xmas this year so I am not going to bother.

I want a new tree but nice ones are so expensive and i need my moolah for presents and the traveling etc
pintsize
1072 posts
Our Christmas decorations will go up over the following weekend now my littliest ones birthday party is done and dusted (he's none too happy about the end of the party though, at least we can start on Christmas prep and dec).
And in saying the decorations are yet to go up, everyone is already purchased or planned for and half if not more of my Christmas food shop is sorted too.  I have even pre-ordered/paid for my fruit and veggies, ham is already sorted and I am feeling the most organised I have in ages.

Jingle all the way... <:)

Kimrose
1419 posts
We live in a small apartment but we have a little house at the beach so we tend to do the Christmas thing there. The kids and grand kids come and then it is all on! 
Ringy
825 posts
just assembled the tree tonight - not decorated yet- just gave it a quick vacuum ready for decorating tomorrow.
1139 posts
Decorating for Christmas is not high on my flat's priority list so we don't have any Christmas decorations at all lol.
Rezee
1964 posts
Yay,  it's the first today. Can't wait to have my tree up all decorated. Plus my daughter gets home from camp today, I've missed her even though she only went on Sunday.  She'll be really excited to sort out the tree.
simone94
191 posts
Ours are going up next weekend, we splashed out and bought a new tree and a few new decorations this year, so it will be exciting to see it all put together.
chikoboo
3402 posts
My brand new flashy white tiffany tree went up on Saturday and all my new shiny silver, teal, green and blue decorations went onto straight after.  I have been wanting one of these for ages and felt it was time after 7 years of inherited crappy decorations and older than me tree to be replaced with something new of our own, time for our own tradition.   The main reason it went up on Saturday is so my blog photos for the Christmas period like advent upopening, etc can be photographed using the tree as a feature.
Qweenkaren
313 posts
A colleague put our work decorations up today. I just remembered I have some nice Xmas earings - must remember to wear them all month & i, looking forward to my Xmas nail wraps - yah!
As for home decorations? we get the kids to do the tree. I'd like a new tree, but need to 1. budget a little better, and 2. decide what I want. or we go real and have to deal with the aftermath of hayfever, pine needles and dead tree.  Not to mention the guilt I feel when man goes out with a chainsaw and returns with a tree... sigh.

I remember there was tree recovery companies in the big cities where you bought a tree for Xmas and then in January they would dispose of it for you too. 
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
My house for the first time I can remember has hit December and not one decoration not even a bit of tinsel is out yet. Been so busy X
MrsO
196 posts
The only Christmassy stuff I have put out so far is our collection of Santa Bears, which are lining the shelf at the top of our stairwell. I will have to dig out the Christmas tree and decorations this week. We have a fireplace and I usually surround it with decorations on the bricks, but this year we have an inquisitive one year old, so everything will have to be adult height including the tree which is only small so it will go on the mantelpiece.
tannygirl
3392 posts
My family usually have the decorations or tree up. However with the setup of the living room this year we may not have space for the tree, so it may just be the stockings for the younger ones, hung over the banister, which won't get filled till Christmas Eve.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!