Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Nail trend: Bubble (or hump) nails

28 posts, 26 members
chikoboo
3402 posts
New nail trend popped up this morning on my radar but it is making me confused as it actually looks more like a badly done acrylic application, it has me stumped that it could be a trend.  What am I talking about this is bubble nails or hump nails where you pile up the nail with layers of acrylic to get a domed "fat" effect.   It's not for me and I don't know anyone who really would want them, just having 2 thin coats of acrylic over your nail bed can feel heavy, imagine all of that *yikes*

Rezee
1964 posts
Ewwwww!  I thought nails couldnt get much worse than duck nails. I. Was. So. Wrong.
-Bex-
611 posts
Eeewwww what on earth did I just look at haha I really don't get it. The look uncomfortable like they would catch on everything and get in the way
Mila
1209 posts
I don't think I'm a fan of this one!!. I find I hate the feeling of acrylic nails after alittle ewhile even though I like the look I definately think these would drive me batty :)
Pifithrin
1243 posts
Wow they look so awkward. Not a fan of these.
shazatron101
5112 posts
All I'm thinking in my head right now is Cleveland Brown's "Oh, that's nasty". Ew! 
Macs
5351 posts
Far that looked freaky aye. Might be a good halloween look lol
AmandaJane
1147 posts
Wow - just no. Who thought of that originally? :)
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Yeah think I might pass on that one, they look uncomfortable.
mallomiss
569 posts
ewww they're weird!!! 
MrsO
196 posts
This is so ugly.
Sylvia
149 posts
Mmm yeah, not a fan. I agree, they'd be really heavy feeling surely! And imagine how long it would take for them to dry :P
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
That is... disgusting. 
pintsize
1072 posts
That's a big tall glass of 'Nope' from me :p
On a similar note those aquarium nails are interesting... I couldn't wear them but they look fun 
:)
chloednz
217 posts
ugh this is terrifying!
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Yuck. Don't like that look at all
Marcel
335 posts
Lol I don't get it
chikoboo
3402 posts
pintsize do you mean those ones where they have trapped water inside and makes glitter or whatever is in there move around.  Saw that on IG yesterday and thought it looks amazing but bulky still =)
pintsize
1072 posts
Yeah that's the ones chikoboo I think the idea is neat but I can't wear fake nails and two together would be bulky (I sometimes struggle with nail gems).  But as a one off for an event... kinda cool :)
MareeB
5242 posts
Eeek - it looks like a nail disease!
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
.... I don't even know what to say to this. It is so ugly IMO. This is a nail trend you won't see me wearing
kirstyj
1732 posts
Really not a fan... the longer ones look like dogs claws to me!
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Uggglllly! I saw this is my news feed yesterday with the description Bubblegum ball nails....and they look exactly like that! haha I will not be doing this to my nails!
pumau
121 posts
Yep....no...that should not exist. I do always wonder where trends come from but this looks like a manicure gone wrong.
nzbrummi
2 posts
Not liking, they look a bit awkward and chunky. I don't think they would make a hand look elegant, and I sure as heck wouldn't be doing any typing with these babies on. So no, not for me. But maybe as a one off bit of fun for someone with a larger hand than me, they might be a bit dolly!!!
nope nope nope they look tragic to me personally
trudijoy
8375 posts
ewww those are odd. nope.
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I kind of want to refer them to a doctor to get their nail infection looked at. The nails just look ill.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!