Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Nail shapes and lengths

9 posts, 9 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
No right/wrong answers here, just interested :)

I put on my latest set of press on fake nails last night and for me personally they were too long, so I trimmed and shaped them from long and squared off to medium and rounded. 

I personally prefer this, don't mind a wee almond point or a slightly squared off 'squoval' situation but can't be doing with anything too long as it makes typing and a whole bunch o'other things very tough. 

Pic on wall of my before and after, but what's your personal shape and length preference, regardless of how you get nails on your hands?
AboutFace
413 posts
For me I prefer about 5mm past the finger tip so that I can still work. I like squoval but would like to try a slight coffin. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
honestly... short haha. ive got like 5mm of nail off the nail bed and any longer i get angry, they get caught on things (mostly the squidlet) or i go to open the oven and end up bending the nail back and ouch. and rounded. not heaps round but just the general shape of the finger round. 

plus this is a good length for my little finger to pick boogers out of the squidlets nose :-) 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Short square oval here. That's as far as I can get with my natural nails. Pointed and long was always the way when I was growing up so I really don't like it now. 
siouxsannah
261 posts
I have never been able to grow my natural nails very long, so they end up being a squoval by default! But when I have tried long fake nails I have found them to be too long, so I prefer a short squoval shape anyway. 
tabucutie
1811 posts
Mediumish length squoval. Due to my job and needing to keep a high typing rate, I can't have any length nail or press ons. I'm a bit sad about it but oh well. Can still having pretty nails without the length lol.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I love the look of long nails but mine always start to break at the sides then it ruins the whole look when I have to cut one right down. Also with my job they used to get caught on something and bend back....ugh feels horrible when that happens.  So for me now a medium length and not really fussed on what shape :-) 
tannygirl
3392 posts
I used to have a bit longer nails as in half a cm past the finger tip, but I can't for work. I used to always go squoval but I tried short oval and it really longs good on me. Unfortunately it's a really weak nail shape though. But if you have dipping powder it can add a thicker layer on top make the nail less breakable, just be prepared for paper thin nails when it's removed.
masterPaul
6 posts
I couldn't grow long nails for a very long time. mine broke, bent, exfoliated, as soon as they grew by 1 mm, even with a coating. I was looking for ways to strengthen my nails, mostly the instructions from this article helped me.
I for a while refused to cover with varnish, drank vitamins with biotin and keratin, and smeared the nail plate with olive and castor oil. now the nails have become much better quality, not so brittle, at the expense of the coating I am not sure whether I will still paint them, but I always do the sawdust of the form (soft square)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!