Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

21 posts, 18 members
Does everyone else keep the lids of their nail polish bottles clean?  
I like to keep my nail polish bottles clear of dried polish so that they are easier to unscrew  :-)
Qweenkaren
313 posts
me too! although I confess I wait until it gets a little bit crusty. and then clean it all off!
Ksjc_nz
370 posts
If your lids get too caked with polish it can actually shorten their lifespan since air getting into it with turn it thick and gluggy
Lutece
1849 posts
Yes I do! But mine dont have time to get messy as I wear nail polish monthly lol
Macs
5351 posts
Didn't even consider cleaning it until you mentioned it. Must try doing that..
MissQT
1547 posts
Yes, especially for ones you use often.

MissQT
1547 posts
Yes, especially for ones you use often.

truthfully i am super lazy so this is something i tend to skip most of the time. i must keep up with it though.
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
I really need to do this! I never have but am willing to try anything to prolong the life of my polishes. Do you just wipe it up with polish remover?
SandieNZ
424 posts
Haha, it's so nice to read that other people do this too ;)  I love getting in the grooves with a bobby pin and cleaning it all off - so satisfying in such a weird way!
K8D
59 posts
I really should do that. I have lost a couple of really nice polishes in the past because they've dried up.
kirstyj
1732 posts
Considering how much Nail Polish I actually have I should have thought of doing this sooner. Thanks for the tip!!!
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Never thought of it. I don't use them alot and haven't noticed them going like that
MillXhodia
136 posts
hmmm never really had to, but will keep it in mind if they start getting hard to open. mine dont dry out too much as i store them in the fridge
kirstysays
762 posts
Yip I do that...hate them looking all crusty haha!
notjaya
62 posts
When there is noticeable buildup of product, yes!
Hi saird Sorry for the late reply.  Yes I just use a make up pad with nail polish remover and wrrap it around the neck of the bottle to clean  :-)
Kimrose
1412 posts
What a great idea! It is something that I have never considered before but will make the effort from now on...thanks!
nemesisroxx
506 posts
O I have a couple that need to be cleaned! Great idea thanks Keri xx
hahah  get scrubbing Crystal  :-) x

But make sure you don't have polish on your finger nails.  I painted fingers and toes last night and THEN cleaned some bottles.  I was over-zealous with nail polish remover on a make up pad and it bleed over on to my beautifully painted finger nails. :-(
tannygirl
3392 posts
Most of my polish is second hand except for treatments. So yes they probably are a bit messy but then I haven't painted my nails in awhile since I've been busy moving.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!