Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

my name is trudi and i stare at delivery vans

43 posts, 16 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
it's been 5 days since i placed my vault order.  So for 5 days, EVEN ON SUNDAY (which is daft) i have been staring at delivery vans on my street, willing them to come and bring me things.

I think they think i'm a nutter.

I'm okay with that ;) 
AboutFace
413 posts
LOL I've been checking my letterbox too, nothing wrong with that we're just big kids hehe
Kimrose
1419 posts
There is nothing worse than waiting for a parcel to arrive. I was waiting on my visa for my China visit to arrive, so excited when it arrived.
tabucutie
1811 posts
I'm waiting on my vault haul package and a couple of others.  The first thing I ask when I get home from work is did any parcels come today? I think it gets irritating so I've stopped asking. Still can't wait to get them though.
trudijoy
8375 posts
the biggest thing i'm waiting on is my new bed. two weeks and no bed. I lost my **** at them yesterday when the truck broke, it wasn't delivered again, and noone bothered telling me.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Haha Trudi love the title. I hate it when you don't updates, especially when it's something major like a bed.
Julieal
915 posts
Ha Ha !!! I have been doing the same - Hope you get yours without issues this time -Cheers
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
It took my local courier SIX DAYS to pick up my iherb parcel from the local depot and deliver it. Seething. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I swear that courier drivers are the least qualified ppl on the planet
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Ha ha ha that is too funny. I'm expecting a ton of Wish parcels and my vault package when the BR lovelies get chance to send them (hope you lovelies got a nice break after that lol).
tannygirl
3392 posts
    I do something similar except online, I check the progress of my parcels multiple times throughout the day even the evening although logically there's no way the guy driving the van carrying all the parcels from one province to another probably finished at 5 and isn't giving updates at 9pm and the postal sorting center isn't open and scanning parcels at 10pm.
tabucutie
1811 posts
Wow Trudi that is really poor customer service. Are they gping torectify the situation by actually delivering and giving a refund?
trudijoy
8375 posts
Tabucutie - it was free delivery (part of the promotion) and I got a $2200 bed for $900 but I’ve also got a complaint logged and will be getting a call from the manager because free customer services should still involve service

Meanwhile most of the several work packages have arrived, and fingers crossed this week is vault week too!
Macs
5351 posts
This week i’ll be watching out lol 
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Haha I'm an online shopping addict and I live in a cul-de-sac so whenever I hear the sound of a large-ish car/van I instinctively look out the window. It's kinda like some weird reflex now.
tabucutie
1811 posts
I hope you get your bed soon Trudi. I had to get a new mattress this past week. Paid on Wednesday, delivered on Saturday between the hours they stipulated. It's just good business ethics really to have communication and delivery. It is after all a paid for service. They should complete their end of the deal.
trudijoy
8375 posts
i got it on Friday, but it took two weeks. I'm a national manager responsible for about 400 schools and all those schools get high levels of customer service, so it grates on me when muppets can't get one item 30 mins across town.

I'll be following it up again with the manager when i get a moment.

The good news? The bed is an absolute dream. I can feel my spine unknotting as I sleep.
tabucutie
1811 posts
Glad you got the bed. Sucks it took so long. Your bed sounds amazing, I just got the new mattress and it's better than I thought it would be but not perfect.
tabucutie
1811 posts
On a side note, received one of the parcels I had been waiting for from overseas. It was my first time buying American sized shoes. Unfortunately none of the 3 pairs fit well, I feel that's a waste of money. My bad.
trudijoy
8375 posts
yeah i'd gotten SUPER used to waking up in pain and i haven't done that for a few days!

Maybe i won't be a b*tch any more..... nah probably still will be :p

I'm now awaiting two shelving units (one off 1 day and one off trademe) and a bedside table (trademe) and my lounge and bedroom will be finished and perfect!
tannygirl
3392 posts
   Sounds like quite the bed Trudi. What brand and model is it? At some point I need to replace my second third hand mattress.
trudijoy
8375 posts
sense-a-tech medicoil pocket spring something something, custom made with a black base
tannygirl
3392 posts
   Oh wow, I would be damn excited about that bed!
tabucutie
1811 posts
That sounds awesome Trudi.

I feel like my sleep is better quality but when I get up in the morning still some pain. Have a back scan next week so maybe that will clarify the matter. Hopefully nothing serious.

Today in courier deliveries, I received my box of stuff from Reduced to Clear. It's so bad I can get lil choccies and things delivered but I love that I don't have to make a trip.
MareeB
5244 posts
Oooh nothing wrong with getting chocs delivered Tabucutie - especially if they were a good price :)
trudijoy
8375 posts
my vault stuff arrived (YAY), and there's an error in it (right thing ticked off on the list but wrong thing added to the box) so i've emailed as it was the thing I was most excited about and I'm HOPING they still have one of the right ones so I can stiil try that

USELESS courier though.  Didn't knock and popped it on the porch about 5 feet away from where i was sitting without acknowledging my existence. The washing machine repair man ended up handing it to me. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
and I would just buy the product but I haven't seen it advertised or for sale ANYWHERE so this was amazing, until it wasn't.
shazatron101
5112 posts
naw poop trudi! i'd ask what it is but then i snorted and laughed, like i could find it down here even if i knew what it was ;-P
trudijoy
8375 posts
the Garnier Micellar Gel wash.  I want it so much and can't find it ANYWHERE so was beyond delighted to nab it in the vault.  Just hoping against hope that as they made a mistake with my box they have a random one leftover. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
i'll keep my eyes open anyway :-) 
trudijoy
8375 posts
thanks babe. I'll go off ona mission at some stage to hopefully locate it. I spent July and August tripping around NZ and didn't see it anywhere at all.
tabucutie
1811 posts
@MareeB: Very good price and multi purchase deals too. It's a win, the husband got treats too. We both have a sweet tooth.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I had been looking for it too Trudi. I think I managed to get one in the vault. Hopefully it is waiting for me after work.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I def got one in the vault, it’s in all my confirmations and on the packing slip and ticked off as being in the box, but isn’t. I’m hoping BR can send me one otherwise I might have to email garnier to ask for stockists 
Julieal
915 posts
Yeh !! recieved my goodies and am so pleased - thank you BR ladies -As always so on to it !!!
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
I have an ex boyfriend who was a courier driver. He has a degree and isn’t uneducated. He confirmed to me that what is stated in the article is true. To those complaining about courier drivers, I highly recommend you read this

trudijoy
8375 posts
not even opening that tbh. It's a paid service that I'm routinely not provided in an acceptable way, and I'm sorry if there are underlying issues in play, but that doesn't forgive things like failing to knock on a door to attempt delivery (which is my biggest annoyance)
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I'm sure what is in the article is true but it doesn't explain why a parcel of mine sat at my local depot for six days before it was put out for delivery, despite me phoning twice (on different days) and being reassured it would be delivered that day. Obviously the greater problem lies with the courier companies and that is who I am complaining about, rather than individuals.
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
Trudi - I understand the frustration but if you want to remain ignorant to the issues that courier drivers experience then I can see why you’re not really empathetic towards them. 

Soozie - I agree, im not saying it’s acceptable (I have had issues with couriers as well), I’m just saying that maybe we - as in the public, need to be mindful of how overworked the couriers are. That’s what I’m saying in the article is true, they do massively long hours and - as someone who often does 14+ hours, I can see why their service is lacking sometimes. Your brain doesn’t function very well with those prolonged hours. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Edited because i am not getting involved in another debate. .  Plus, I'm tired. I actually DO my job DESPITE being up against the wall at times (unlike the specific couriers in my area who you can't comment on without knowing THEIR actions) , and i'm tired and off to descreen.

Oh and I've worked 14 hour days myself.  Even when exhausted I keep my service standards up.
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
[color=#291b29]Saying that you don’t ever expect me to see your point of view was a bit uncalled for. I don’t appreciate personal attacks. I actually agree with you that as a consumer you have a right to be upset... I’m just saying that I think people need to be mindful of the potential reasons that some couriers aren’t fulfilling their services. 

Its ok that you dont see the relevance of me posting the article - we can agree to disagree re the point of it. I posted it merely because I know what my ex went through as a courier.

Whilst we are talking about relevance, I didn’t see the relevance of you making a generalised assumption about couriers being uneducated. My ex was studying towards his degree whilst working as a courier. 

As much as I respect that you think it isn’t ignorant to be informed, I disagree. The Merriam-Webster dictionary defines the meaning of ignorance as “...lack of knowledge, education or awareness”.

We arent going to see eye to eye on this and that’s fine. Luckily we live in a democratic country so we both are entitled to our opinions :)[/color]

shazatron101
5112 posts
I can see both sides of the argument. On one hand, you expect your items to be delivered within the time frame the company have given you.

On the other, those time frames aren't met for a multitude of reasons, couriers being over worked is one, and im sure being in a condensed area with a high population wouldnt help. There's only so many hours in a day, they cant please everyone.

As for major deliveries like furniture, i do believe that should be delivered when stated and if something goes wrong, like the truck breaking, then the company should call everyone on the delivery list that day.

We are only human and we all mess up and make errors or judgements or whatever. So just find your inner smile, and breathe :-) But of course, like Jess said, free country, and that's my opinion!
First Lady
957 posts
Hey everyone,

We've received a couple of emails from members not involved in this thread who are concerned things might head south.

We don't like deleting threads, so I'm going to ask for no more comments on this thread please.

Ta
Nat xx

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!