Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

9 posts, 9 members
hill-rennie
1 posts
When I have a mouth ulcer, I rub some vegemite onto it before I go to bed and 9 times out of 10 it is gone in the morning!
That's really interesting  :-)  How did you know to try this?
tarawr158
119 posts
Wow never heard about this before! I usually just use bonjela. Will definitely try this next time :)
emzor
143 posts
I would imagine it's the salt content that helps?  I rinse my mouth out with salt water whenever I have an ulcer and it's gone by the next day.  Next time I'm going to try Marmite because salt water is gross!
AmyMarf
20 posts
My partner had persistent mouth ulcers for a while last year - I googled the causes as we were sick of 'treating' them and he wasn't overly stressed so it seemed unusual for him to get so many. It turns out Sodium Laurel Sulphate which is found in most toothpastes is a cause of mouth ulcers! We switched him to a natural toothpaste found in supermarkets that is SLS free and he hardly ever gets them now! The only downside is the toothpaste is for kids so is bubblegum flavoured - but with a good mouth wash he's right as rain!
Imoshen
461 posts
Ahhhh yes, toothpaste can be a nasty culprit but not in my case :).

Years ago I started getting red, dry, itchy patches at the outside corners of my mouth, turns out it was the toothpaste I was using.  I now use toothpaste for sensitive teeth and have no problems in that regards, even though it still probably contains SLS (been a long time since I looked at the ingredients in it).

Maybe your partner might be able to use it without any problems?  Don't use the whitening one though, that tends to make teeth more sensitive.
Haley132
4 posts
I have had persistent mouth ulcers for over 10 years. I could have up to 20 at any one time, and because they last for about a week they cycle, so as older ones heal there are more on the way. It has been so painful I haven't been able to eat, or talk, lots of missed days of work due to mouth ulcers!

anyway, after years of trying different things that worked for a little while then my body would adjust to I discovered bananas were giving me ulcers! So now I have to have a banana free diet :( I had a bite of my daughters banana the other day and sure enough, 3 days later a mouth full of ulcers. I still get them from time to time now, but nothing like I used to. Oracort is the only thing I have found to heal them quicker, it will reduce them from 7 days to 3. It can only be bought from over the counter at a pharmacy though. And other than that I use disprin mouth rinse before eating or so I can talk pain free for about 30 minutes.
Lutece
1849 posts
Thank you for the tip, thats awesome to know! I wonder if Marmite would be just as good as i have Marmite in my cupboard not Vegimite lol (Team Marmite)
Kylenefs
68 posts
Interesting tip thanks must remember to try this out next time !

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!