Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

29 posts, 24 members
Hi gals,

Mothers Day is not far away.  Do you spoil your Mum with beauty products?  Or try to introduce beauty products, if it is not your Mums thing?? x
trudijoy
8375 posts
I always include a beauty product, a treat (wine, nuts, mango licorice or something else she loves). Often clothes. Sometimes a candle or decorative item.

mum loves getting product. I'm more in touch with new products and trends (thanks BR) so i like to buy her things, then she likes to tell her friends about them.

This year shes getting white wine glasses because she only has flutes, a cool blood red metallic nail polish, a bottle of pinot gris and something else i havent chosen yet but will today.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I just got lots of Lush Mother's Day items for the 'cats mother' (ie me!) because my mums not really into that stuff. She just likes her spa bath au naturelle. I'll take her out for lunch next weekend instead as she likes a social outing now she's retired and not very mobile atm. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Every year for since 2004/5 ish I can remember I have had a small bunch of flowers sent to my mother, and fiance cottoned on and decided to do the same for his mother (even though I'm the one writing in the cards). In the past I have bought her a $200+ voucher for a spa, chocolate, jewellry etc. I did buy her some earrings yesterday from MHJ but I was there anyway because I wanted the earrings too hahaha. Now we are twinning (and I love my mother that much I'll admit it :D)  I don't give her beauty products though, if I have them during the year and I don't like them, I give them to her then, I don't wait!
kirstyj
1732 posts
I have no idea what to get my Mum for Mothers Day this year. She isn't into beauty products at all. I gave her a Lavender body wash a couple months ago (the original source one) because she loves lavender and she has hardly used it at all.
So might go for a voucher for a massage or something because I know she'll enjoy that, and I love giving experiences.
accidentprone_x
845 posts
I actually got my mother in law one of the bossy mothers day kits. And will get her chocolate and a hair voucher also
MareeB
5241 posts
My Mum used to love getting perfumes and hand creams and smelly bath products :)

SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Yes Kirsty, I like to give experiences. I'm also encouraging my mum (and myself!) to declutter. Apparently experiences make you happier than stuff but I'm not sure how many of us on here would agree. Maybe it's the experience of stuff that we enjoy lol. 
I love to spoil Mum but beauty products are not really her thing  Just the basics.  Although I have noticed Mum starting to buy OPI nail polish (which is great!!!!!)  :-)  So I will get Mum some OPI for Mothers Day, something sweet and hopefully a winning Lotto ticket!  Got to be in to win. x
MareeB
5241 posts
My son was here for the weekend and he bought me Night At The Museum  - Secret of the Tomb, because he knows I like Ben Stiller and the other Night At the Museum movies!!
george
150 posts
I have no idea what to get my mum - she does *like* makeup, but doesn't love it like I do. And shes not fussed on being pampered either - gah! Might try make her something like the good ol' days, paint her toe nails (ugh, feet) and maybe get her some nice perfume - something I know she will use. 
MissQT
1547 posts
Haha shazatron that's so cute. I often borrow my mums shoes and clothes sometimes. She will also borrow my clothes too, not shoes though as my feet are slightly smaller (but I get to still wear her shoes  without them being too loose hehe). My mum is REALLY hard to buy for as she is not in to any specific. We doesn't wear make up and I have bought her Skincare products in the past (body wash, creams etc from lush and body shop). But she has a lot of those kinds of products to keep her going and if you get her something she doesn't need she won't use it and she will end up giving it back to me when she's had it for a few years and its about to expire! She often bus things herself when she sees something she really wants and we'll pay her back for it. So she really just buys her own presents now! I still owe her a birthday present from January! She said I can pay her back when she finds something she likes, but now its on to Mother's Day and I'm starting to build up those IOUs! At least I managed to get her some moisturiser from the vault..
sunelizabeth
410 posts
My mum does like beauty products, but not as much as me! She actually relies on me to introduce/gift new things to her. This year for mothers day I have started a goodie bag for her containing lots of her fave things: Turkish delight, Rekorderlig cider, mini lindauer, smoked havarti cheese, kalamata olives, and I want to get some Weleda bath milk too.
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I used to give her beauty things she wouldn't buy for herself as a treat and then go out to lunch with her, this was on top of the friday lunches we did normally.
my mum isn't in to beauty products at all, so i clean her house, make a huge cake and home made pressies, all beauty things i've brought her in the past go unused
mallomiss
569 posts
I'm just not that big on Mother's day so I tend to keep it small. I usually make her some Macaroons or cupcakes & get her a small gift & head around to hers for a cuppa. I was thinking I might get her a beauty product of some sort this year though, she lives The Body Shop so might have a wee look in there tomorrow.
Sounds like everyone likes to spoil Mum and have fond memories of spoiling Mum.  I also give my Nana and one of my Aunties a "Mothers Day" card.  I am very spoilt having so many loving woman I look up to in my life. x
shopaholic
24 posts
Am wanting to get mum a subscription to a beauty box (it's also her birthday coming up as well) but I am not sure which one to go for! I have been looking at ones here and overseas.
tannygirl
3392 posts
My mom has her birthday in May so I just get her an extra big birthay present. So far she's getting several bottles of facial oils and serums (since she loves and uses them) and a Linden Leaves handcream trio since she use the handcream.
Mila
1209 posts
We're taking mum and my nana out for a nice lunch this year :) bit of a girls day out x
chikoboo
3402 posts
My mum's in the UK so she has already had her Mother's Day as it is actual in March over there.  However I did send her a bouquet of flowers, with chocolates and hand cream attached.

My mother in law gets a card with scratchies as that is what she like =)
kknz
82 posts
I usually get mum some form of beauty product, usually a nice moisturiser or smellies, she's not so big on make-up, but has a large collection of perfumes (that I'm incredibly jealous of). Although this year I'm not getting her anything beauty related at all. 
ChristineHoll
152 posts
My mum isn't into beauty products at all. We usually get her a truffle log from Devonport Chocolates (she actually relies on it now, it's her favourite). She has incredible restraint, she'll have a tiny sliver every few days and somehow makes the log last 5-6 months! Luckily for her mothers day and her birthday is in the middle of the year so she gets a replacement log at Christmas lol. We often get her a bottle of her favourite wine to go with it but can't afford it this year.
kirstysays
762 posts
I have given my mum skincare products in the past, but, I find she doesn't end up using them much compared to me, so I am trying to think of something different to get her this year :)
Jesse
745 posts
My mum doesn't have any interest in beauty products whatsoever! The closest she's getting to it this year from me is Candle Crush's Totally Baked Banana Cake :)
Danni
324 posts
I think this year I'm going to get my mum black opium as shes had a really hard time lately. I might also take her out for brekkie/lunch :) And Nanas getting a $20 farmers voucher because she LOVES lancome but I wouldn't know what to actually get her from there :P
Don't forget Mother's Day tomorrow  :-) x
100_percent_ash
488 posts
This year I actually have got my mum and mother in law beauty products. I got my mum a rosehip gift set with a day cream, night cream and oil, and my MIL an olive estate body milk and glove. I actually won them both (shhhhh!) which is fab timing because finances are TIGHT at the moment. Thank you universe! 

I have NO idea for once what I'm getting. I already got part of it, some beaters because mine blew up a couple of weeks ago (why does it always happen before I'm due a present so I end up reneging on my "a present for the house is not a present for me" rule??). The whanau has taken the wrapping paper out to the shed though and unless they fished the empty box out of the recycling (actually I wouldn't rule that out) I think I may have another present coming *gasp* how spoilt!!
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
Usually my mama gets a phone call to say happy mothers day and i love you but this year I am visiting and taking her some Bossy Cosmetics pamper box.  She has had a rough time so I think this will do her some good.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!