Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

mid-late winter pick-me-ups (up to you if it's BR or NBR!)

31 posts, 18 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
what gives you the happies in this dreary getting-closesr-to-the-end-of-winter phase?

I think for me it comes down to red wine, hot showers, any time I can grab a moment outside on a nice clear day (like today when I had ten mins on the beach at Long Bay absolutely transfixed by how pretty it is!) and pretty scarves :)
shazatron101
5112 posts
I didn't need it but I felt really good after singing my face off in a really hot shower, hotter than I usually have it. Gotta love a good shower singing sesh! 
I also think the warm winters day helped, and being able to sit outside and stare at the snowy mountain makes it all better for me!
And, seeing people win medals at the Olympics - it just really makes me happy. I love it.
trudijoy
8375 posts
eek i'm with you re the Olympics, shaz! I love it <3 I cheer on NZ and Japan, and any other athlete I decide I like - based on important things like their name, or their competition uniform, half the time haha
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I'm with you both on the Olympics! :) I also love a good friend catch up. It picks me up every time
MareeB
5239 posts
Urrrrg! nothing really, I hate the cold and get more drodsome and mardy the longer winter goes on...BUT of course this is the year of Bravo so that has certainly helped. Nothing warms the heart  more than an hour of the Kardashians of an evening :)   :)   :)
shazatron101
5112 posts
I dunno how you watch them Maree, not even 5 minutes of their whining and I want to shoot myself lmfao. Not for everyone I guess :-P
I cheer on everyone!! I love the Olympics, I feel so so bad for the ones that have been injured and unable to continue, it breaks my heart hahaha. I do get a bit irked when a person/team gets bronze or silver and is bawling because it's not gold... but they usually get over it pretty fast. 
MareeB
5239 posts
Hahaha I love them Shaz - the make up, the clothes, the bags, the shoes, the houses, the cars...my box of Kim Kardashian perfumes arrived today and I love them tooooo..

I usually watch bits of the Olympics, but this year, well, ya know, Bravo....
Macs
5351 posts
Things that pick me up. Cuddles from my children, Hot cup of Mocha or Caramel Latte,   Lush Showers/baths, Pedicures , when I laugh at something silly with my partner. We love joking around alot. 

Funny I have had the Winter Blues. Definately trying to fight them off. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Ohh caramel lattes Macs <3 I only get half the syrup tho. Loving the Starbucks burnt caramel at the moment
tannygirl
3392 posts
Anything cosy and comfort like, I guess this is pretty much all winter. Lately it's been having some really yummy and nice scented melts in my Scentsy warmer. Since it's winter I can close my window to keep the warmth in my room. During summer I'll need to have that window open so wouldn't have as much of the lovely smell in my room. I also love candles. Nice relaxing music while I'm snuggled under my duvet at night. I also love pulling out all the nice expensive skincare that I bought but is too heavy for my skin in summer but hits the spot in winter when my skin is drier, like the facial oils and moisturizing masks not to mention the handmade whipped body butters which are too greasy in summer but smell so good.
Qweenkaren
313 posts
I love getting into a warm freshly made bed (love my electric blanket). Cup of hot chocolate, love a good roast, a hug from my teenager & recently (after a tough day) my man called me his "biggest asset" - I even resisted a fat joke.
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Climbing into bed with my hot water bottle (I feel like I'm part of a dying breed that still uses one!) and watching the Tube with a cup of chai tea. So cosy!
shazatron101
5112 posts
I still use them Sarah! I love my hot water bottle lol even if I'm sandwiched between the man and the cat I still like it lol. You can keep the Chai though, imo it smells like sausages and I dunno how people drink it hahaha ;-P
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Sausage! Baha. Must say I've never made that connection but I'll have that in mind for my next cup!

Yasss they're so good, I'm not alone!
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I use a hot water bottle too. That and a blanket keep me warm when watching tv or reading a book on a cold day/night. Books, tv, singing and hot chocolate would be my pick me ups.
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
I am not a huge fan of winter, I just hate being cold! I normally treat myself with Lush baths through the colder months, but this year I have been loving just lying by the fire and online shopping. I have been getting into painting my nails again too, so nice to do when its too cold to go outside.
Macs
5351 posts
I've got to try that Burnt Caramel Coffee. Sounds lovely. 
Kimrose
1415 posts
I love winter clothes. Yummy warm jackets and scarves. My favourite jacket is red, I love bright colours for winter.  This is the first year we have had an electric blanket and I love that, this is also the first winter I havent had a fluffy cat to cuddle and I miss that so darn much.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
YASSSSSSS! I live my hot water bottles too! I love jumping into bed once the kids are in bed and cuddling up to my hot water bottles with a hot coffee. And use I have 2 hot water bottles because I'm greedy lol and it's cold in the south.
Lutece
1849 posts
Im with you on the hot showers! They have increased to an extra 5 minutes every time, Ive been drinking more tea because its been chilly
MissQT
1547 posts
I love snuggling up in bed with a hottie too! I'm a fan of hot showers all year round haha. I also love hot chocolates and toasted marshmallows (even if I don't do it often but the idea is there!).
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I'm in on the hot water bottle situation too. I have also been enjoying my salt lamp every night after work and a hot drink, this week has been normal tea brewed in a teapot.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Today I self tanned, sang some ballads very loudly (badly) while showering and painted my toenails. The tanning was a disaster, I think the pump has broken cos it didnt foam at all, so much fun D:  Now I'm a million different shades of tan - its the mousse one by Sugar Baby, have you had that problem Trudi?
trudijoy
8375 posts
sounds like you're using last years leftovers maybe Shaz? That happens with the older ones, they de-aerate, kinda expire i guess, and turn to liquid, but the liquids not good.
shazatron101
5112 posts
I wish it was left overs, the bottle is full lol how annoying >:( oh well, I'm slathered in it anyway bahahahaha
trudijoy
8375 posts
staaaaaaanky :(

I'm just using the skinfood tanning lotion atm... will have to de-vampire my limbs at some stage though
RamblingRose
1280 posts
@Shazatron, I had the exact same thing happen with my Sugarbaby Mousse last year and the bottle was still half full.  It turns out that I had first used it 12 months before, so it had expired.  If I remember correctly, their tanning mousse might only be good for 12 months after its first used, please check me on this by looking at the symbol on the bottle.  I think there may also be an unopened shelf-life expiry date printed on the bottle, too, but I might be wrong.  I tossed my bottle, so I don't have one to refer to.  Sucks when you have to throw away something that is still full! 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Noooooooooo!!! Ugh thats so typical. I just wanted to have a nice summer glow hahaha dang nabit
2lilmnkys
106 posts
Am I the only one who likes winter? No? Only me than. But not the part where I have to get out of house at 6am. I like layering clothes, getting on bolder makeup and cuddling at bedtime. I function better when Iam nice and cool. Summer gets me hot and bothered. Not a big hot beverage drinker but I enjoy chai lattes once fortnightly or so.
kknz
82 posts
Clear winter sunny days, they always give me hope the cold is ending soon! Hot drinks, soups & roasts. Hopping into bed with the electric blanket with a good book. A hot bath (not that I have a bathtub & I miss it!) 
Early spring flowers coming out now, daffodills & earlicheer - such happy flowers that smell devine & the only ones that aren't available all year round. 
Pifithrin
1243 posts
Sun, soup and snuggles!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!