Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Microfibre cloths

13 posts, 10 members
MissQT
1547 posts
To those that use microfibre cloths and flannels to clean and cleanse your face, how do you clean them? E.g when you use it with a cleansing balm like trilogy make be gone and lush ultra balm. Do you put it in the wash each time, because that would be so cumbersome, or do you clean it with another cleanser with hot water?
MrsRosie
214 posts
After every makeup removal/cleanse I put my flannel in the wash. I would find it more effort and time consuming to have to clean them after each use better than what the washing machine does. I have a good stash of flannels!
trudijoy
8375 posts
yeah my stash of facecloths are one-use (and most of them are super cute and from Japan ;)

When I oil-cleanse (most nights) I always take off the oil layer with a warm, wet facecloth, then rinse. The flannel then gets rinsed out and put in the wash. Over winter, these then go in the drier; over summer, they're dried in sunlight.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I also have a stash and use a fresh flannel each day. I rinse each one after I use it, hang it up to air dry over night then bung them all in the washing machine at the end of the week. I also think this is less hassle than trying to clean them after each use. Ultrabland in particular can make the cloths quite greasy feeling. A stash of cheap flannels works wells. White ones will get really stained though.
Macs
5351 posts
I haven't tried microfibre cloths. Only cotton flannels. Normally I soak the really stained ones. Then put them through the wash.
kirstyj
1732 posts
I bought two packs of 4x face cloths from KMart and each time I do a wash I chuck the ones I've used into it
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I use just water or my cleanser. I've actually not long finished testing out different ways to use microfibre cloths for a blog article I was writing, so feel free to check that out.

But in summary, what I found was that the cloth works fine with just water to remove make up and that cleanser or rosehip oil can be used if some make up need a little extra convincing. You can also cleanse and make up remove in one, but I think make up removing them cleansing is more effective.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I have quite a good stock of flannels so once I use them to clean my face I wash them. If they are covered with makeup etc I usually soak them in stain remover before washing g them though :) I picked up 2x 4 packs of flannels for $2 last week!
MissQT
1547 posts
Ok I think I may need to buy some more micro fibre cloths then.. Also crystal, I thought you might like to know that the link in your signature doesn't work properly :)
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Thanks. It won't turn into a hyperlink for some reason. If anyone knows how, let me know.
tannygirl
3392 posts
I love using an oil cleanser every night  even if I don't wear makeup. But I really don't like having to toss it in the machine and wash it straight afterwards. So what I do is wash it off with a gel cleanser in the shower. If I have makeup on my face I'll remove it with a makeup remover and eye makeup remover before I oil cleanse. 
MissQT
1547 posts
Good idea, I'll try your suggestion too tannygirl
Pifithrin
1243 posts
I use a Liz Earle muslin and rinse it and leave it to dry.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!