Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Mecca Loop BONUS day!

95 posts, 13 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
So in addition to the quarterly loop boxes, Mecca have changed things up a little.  I'm not sure about Level 1 and 2, but Level 3 people got an email this morning to go and pick up a bonus sample box.  I just got mine, and there's one thing i hate that sooziewong loves, and one thing i'll use that she won't, so we're doing a wee swap.

They're all the same, I'll photowall mine when I open it after work.

But with talking before about customer service and things that make you loyal to a brand, Mecca NAIL it, every time. Level three still get complimentary makeup applications, which is definitely something i love getting done, too
SmileyPisces
253 posts
Nice.. Do you know whether we have to purchase anything in order to claim our bonus boxes? Or can we just pick them up as i don’t really need anything right now hahahaha =D
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
You can just pick them up instore. I had to get mine online in which case you do need to make a purchase. The only thing I actually need is the product in the box that Trudi hates and I love lol. So I just got a gift card for when I do actually need something. I’m so stoked with this bonus gift!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Pic on the wall. Not a spoiler coz it’s literally in the email!

yep my face hates the cream but the micellar is lovely so soozie and I are doing a wee trade off :D

and yep I raced in at lunch and picked it up, super simple. They don’t expect you to purchase, just to scan your card (or give your details) as for Loop boxes 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I’d be interested to know what level 2s get. I don’t think level 1s get the bonuses?
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yeah twos do, ones don’t according to this https://www.meccabeauty.co.nz/what-is-mecca-beauty-loop.html
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
The free online samples have been epic lately too. You only get one and it’s lucky dip but the last two I’ve got have been deluxe minis. So I’m not too sad about doing an online order today lol. 
SmileyPisces
253 posts
Aw.. that’s nice. I usually do my orders online. Maybe i’ll try and do a walk-in for once.
EliseMM
120 posts
Exciting! I only just made it to Level 1... I've been wondering how you collect your birthday gift? Do they notify you by email to collect it in store, or do you have to go in store on the day of your birthday and scan your Mecca card?
tannygirl
3392 posts
    I'm a level 2. I got the email about the bonus box this morning and it looks like the same products as you got Trudi. I think level 2 and 3 get the bonus box. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
  Oh that's good really good Soozie. Would you mind telling me how much you spent on the last of your two orders. You see I did an online order for just $41 and I got two sachet samples. The next time I spent over $100 and I got a mini Hourglass primer. I'm wondering how much do you have to spend to be more likely to get more deluxe samples? 

I experienced the sample with Beautylish. I found if did just enough to get free shipping I would get sachets but spend 50USD or more then I would get a deluxe mini. I talked to customer service and they said it was random and whatever they had on hand but I've ordered so many times from them and every order in the last year that was over 50USD got me a deluxe mini except for when I ordered my Lucky Box earlier this year.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Tannygirl, I did an order for about $85 and got a sachet and a mini Ciate mascara. Last order was about $45 and a got a mini Drunk Elephant moisturiser. Will let you know what I get in this order. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Elise, you’ll get an email once it’s available to pick up or add to an online order. They usually give you a couple of weeks to get it, not just the day if your birthday. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Tannygirl, I received a Stila deluxe mini mascara with my order today. Lol, I never need to buy mascara again, the amount of them I get for free from Mecca!
tannygirl
3392 posts
Mini mascaras are always good if they work for you. The majority of the mascaras I have came as gwp. I hope I'm lucky too get a deluxe mini with my order.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Lucky, I love mini mascara :-)
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I love mini mascaras too! I’m not loyal to any brand either so quite happy to keep receiving them. I now have four back ups to work my way through. 

Let us us know what you end up getting Tannygirl. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
I just ordered a gift card to get my bonus beauty loop box. Fingers crossed I get a deluxe mini. :-)
MareeB
5241 posts
I saw one of the mags at Countdown with a mascara on it -I think it was Next.
Susilia
484 posts
Mecca did it again. :D I live 2.5hrs drive from my closest store, so I always need to do an online order to get beauty loop boxes and now this one too, I prefer this reward to makeup applications, because I could never use them, I still have one though for being lvl 3, might come in handy one day when I get to somewhere with a mecca store. :)

I need to change my thinking about this whole thing, in my mind I’m lvl 3 and I’m “entitled” to my free bonuses, I’ll use everything eventually, I love the sunscreen, but I always feel guilty after ordering something I wanted for a while, but didn’t really need it. But in the end, does anyone need expensive skincare or makeup? 
Susilia
484 posts
I’m so sorry guys,  I always get carried away with my replies, just one thought brings up another one and I keep writing! :D
I will try and change this!

Btw, you were so so lucky with your lucky dip samples Soozie, I just got a tiny sample sachet this time and 2 sample sachets last time as well, never a deluxe mascara, let alone 2, lol! 
tannygirl
3392 posts
    I definitely prefer minis to makeup applications, although if you had a special date or event and could book ahead and time it up well then I can see it being really useful. Me, I don't have anything going on and so I'd rather try new things for free.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Susilia, I guess it really is a lucky dip then! I’m glad we still get one make up application at level 3 as I’ve always had a good experience with these. The Mecca artists actually listen to you and don’t make you look like a clown, like some counters do. With the bonus changes, you can now book your make up application for any time that suits you during the next year. With the previous system, you had a limited time to book them and it was hard to get times that suited. I’ve just booked this year’s one for the school formal in September which is exciting. I usually just get them to do every day makeup so I’ll let them really go for it this time (and request my favourite artist!)

Overall, I am really happy with these bonus changes as I still like having one makeup application a year plus all  the bonus goodies. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
    I got lucky I got a deluxe mini of Korres Black Pine 3D Sculpting Firming and Lifting Night Cream.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Ooooh I bet you were really happy with that, Tannygirl!
tannygirl
3392 posts
    I am I remember contemplating buying the mini some years back. Night creams last me awhile so I'll probably get a couple weeks use out that.
SmileyPisces
253 posts
I’m a level 2 and i finally picked up my bonus box today. Exactly the same as what Trudi got. The items they give in these bonus boxes were much better than what i got in the last loop box. So happy =D.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Smileypisces I wondered if they were the same for me em 2. Glad they are, it’s a great box. 

SmileyPisces
253 posts
It sure is.... All products i definitely know i will use and not waste =D
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
These all sound really good, unfortunately I dont spend enough to qualify lol.

As soon as the new Mario Badescu Orange Facial Mist spray comes back in stock, I'll be making an order.
trudijoy
8375 posts
mumof3, i picked up the orange blossom one to try.... it's not my fave, that's still aloe herbs and rosewater but it's refreshing and smells nice!
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Some reviews I read said it didnt smell like orange, some said it did and some more like neroli. What do you think Trudi? 

I have the Eco Tan Super Fruit Toner and love it but it is a bit on the expensive side as the whole family like to use the sprays from the fridge when it's hot. So that's why I love the MB sprays as they are great value and actually work well.
trudijoy
8375 posts
it's orange BLOSSOM so i wasn't expecting a citrus scent - it's def more floral, but that's what i'd expected. I can see if i have something to put some in to send you a sample if you like?
tannygirl
3392 posts
I ordered some giftcards because I saw an item I've had my eye on since the beginning of this year getting low in stock and also some items I needed to replace. I got the same sachets in all three of my orders. I think it depends on what samples are available in bulk from companies.
tannygirl
3392 posts
  Beauty Loop boxes for all levels are available today. I'm so glad I held off buying that item that I had my eye on for months and recently discovered was low in stock till today. I was going to order it earlier last week so I wouldn't have to worry about it selling out but decided to wait. Found out yesterday Beauty Loop Boxes would be available today.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I ordered mine first thing this morning! There's been very little publicity around the boxes this time so it might be a complete surprise when it arrives :-)
trudijoy
8375 posts
Level Three is SO good this time, I’m so excited! 

I may may have also accidentally bought things again in Mecca haha
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Well it would be rude not to whilst you were there! Ok, maybe I need to know now, not tomorrow lol.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Soozie my session starts in about ten minutes so insta me ASAP if you wanna know lol
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I can't get on insta right now but yes! I want to know!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Lol will message there for when you can 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I've never had a loop box but I love seeing you ladies get excited about it! Maybe oneday I will :-)
tannygirl
3392 posts
   I got my Beauty Loop Box Level 2. Wasn't too wowed this time as the largest sized item is a product type that I can't use that often and I'm trying to get out of my collection. The second deluxe mini is teensy considering how much you need to use and something I already have in the fullsize. And the two other sachets are okay also on the samples front. This is probably the most expensive order I've placed with Mecca and I got the two same sachet samples in previous orders. Fingers crossed I have better lucky with the next Beauty Loop Box. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Tannygirl forgive me if I’m wrong but you don’t seem to have been happy with any of the Loop boxes yet. I’m interested in what you were expecting and why they haven’t wowed you.

ive been getting these since 2016 and every one has had something great in it, and to me they’re super generous with this scheme so genuinely interested in why people aren’t happy. 
Susilia
484 posts
Just got my online order with my level 3 loop box today and I’m so happy with it, seems like they listened to us as so many people were unhappy with what they got in their lvl 3 boxes(including me) last time.

I also got 2 sample sachets as lucky dip which was also a surprise as I’ve been getting just 1 sachet in my orders lately. :) 
SmileyPisces
253 posts
Aww... I nearly forgot about the loop box this time round... Must go and grab mine soon... =D
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I'm really happy with my level 3 box? One of the items in it is sold as a mini instore for about $35. And yes they do tend to put high end items in there (especially level 3)to try to lure you in! And the sizes are just big enough to convince you that you neeeeeed the full size lol. I just look at them as a special treat though.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Oh and I think my lucky dip luck has run out as I only got a teeny tiny sachet this time lol. Oh well, I have enough mini mascarasa now anyway.
SmileyPisces
253 posts
Glad i got a glycolic foaming cleanser in my level 2 box. One i had been waiting to try.
trudijoy
8375 posts
It's loop bonus day again!  I'm almost out of foundation so just ordered online this time (yay samples) and got my freebie as well! 

$39 freebie... i'll take that!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!