Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Magnetic Eyelashes

18 posts, 10 members
Tattooprincess
68 posts
So I thought my life was going to change when I saw in BR the other day that Glam we’re doing magnetic eyelashes. My eyelash game is not strong - I’ve never been good at applying falsies, all that glue and faffing about, I can never get them looking right! so I’ve been stalking Farmers, waiting for them to arrive, (25% off Glam there at moment), and they finally had them instore yesterday $50 for the eyeliner and Khloe lashes.  But being a novice, I’m unsure - do I need to curl my natural lashes, and apply mascara (am thinking before I put the falsies on?). Once I had the falsies on, I felt they looked ridiculous with my short much lighter looking lashes sitting underneath.  I was so unsure, I removed the false set, cos I know my partner will laugh if I don’t get the look down pat!
Sonnies
137 posts
I would apply mascara and eyeliner first and then put the falsies on.. But i dont wear them everyday aswell so maybe someone els have better advice hehe 
tabucutie
1811 posts
Wow $50! Wow thats pricey.
tamaraxo
12 posts
I seen that article too and thought they looked awesome, but was that $50 for the one pair and eyeliner?? I'd love to try them but might wait for a sale lol

Not sure if they'd be different from regular falsies, but I always curl and mascara first or my real lashes make them look weird too! 

Sonnies
137 posts
Yeah i also thought $50 is pricy
Macs
5351 posts
Hey there,

Don’t give up girl . Keep trying . I’d love to give these a try too . You could trim them down a tiny bit to medium length. 

Wish I could see before and after pics. Hope trial members post before and afters. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Have invitations for this trial been sent? It’s one I’ll buy if I don’t get on the trial 
Tattooprincess
68 posts
Thanks girls, I’m sick today, so didn’t bother with makeup. Day off tomorrow, so I’ll try again. $50 was on special, more than I wanted to spend, but I really want beautiful lashes! I’ll try and remember to take pics when I put them on tomorrow.
tabucutie
1811 posts
Im a bit lazy so will try and make do with the one set of lashes I own. I do love lash extensions though, I just get them done if I have events, wish I could look that good everyday. Look forward to seeing pics and reviews if/when they get posted up.
Sonnies
137 posts
I love eyelash extensions aswell..
shazatron101
5112 posts
lol trudi that was my thought as well - they sound really cool! and almost fool proof for someone like me haha
RamblingRose
1280 posts
@Tattooprincess, have you watched the “how to apply” video on Manicare’s website?  I apply my eyeshadow, then the magnetic liquid liner, then mascara to my natural lashes. Once the mascara and eyeliner has dried, clip on the magnetic lashes.  Don’t apply mascara to the false lashes, as it may damage them (make them stiff and brittle, and you’ll have to clean them between uses).

I was was lucky enough to get on the trial team, so will be reviewing these soon.  Unfortunately, there is a major flaw with this product, which they cleverly hide in the tutorial video (slightly visible for a few seconds if you know what you’re looking for) and then they promise something that can’t actually be done.  I don’t want to say or reveal too much on here before trial team reviews are done, but private message me (Instagram or Facebook, links are in my BR profile) if anyone has any questions before going out to buy a pair for themselves. 
Lisaanne
72 posts
Sounds like they may not be worth the money Silvene. 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
@Lisaanne, they’re definitely less fiddly than glue on lashes, and are really easy to apply.  
Kimrose
1419 posts
I have never done false eyelashes and for 50$ I probably wont
Lisaanne
72 posts
Silvene what are they like to remove? I watched a video a few months ago and the removal sounded complicated? 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Just to clarify the cost, the normal cost of the magnetic eyeliner is $49, and you get approximately 50 applications from the 5ml tube, the magnetic lashes are purchased separately for $16 per set.  

Unless you can find them on special somewhere and get both for $50. 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
@Lisaanne, removal is simple, just gently pull the lashes off.  The liner comes off with makeup remover. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!