Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Lush virgin, what's your all time favourite must try

35 posts, 20 members
So I haven't purchased from lush before I have been in there store a few times but I get overwhelmed by the amount of people, items and scents so struggle to find what I think I would like. After having a look at their webstore I'm thinking about placing an order that's where you guys come in.

So ladies what's the one think you would recomend the most as your all time favourite lush product? 

itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Depends on what you're wanting to try and what scents you like. In items that are currently in store, I would pick the comforter bubble bar, the intergalactic bath bomb, turkish delight shower smoothie or the sexy peel soap.
tannygirl
3392 posts
It depends what you need and wanting to try as well as your skin type and what sort of scents you like. My current Lush faves is Angels On Bare Skin Cleanser, Let the Good Times Roll, Lush Rose Jam, Grease Lightning, Handy Gurugu, Dream Cream, the Lip Scrubs, some of the massage bars are nice as well and the bath bombs are iconic. They also have fresh face masques which you can get free if you bring back five of their empty clean pots. 
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I like the mask of magnaminty but I am a mint fiend. I am working my way though my xmas haul so it is a slow task. The ro argan has a nice rose scent to it, Honey I washed the kids has a sweet scent or if you like grapefruit happy hippy. Some items need to be kept in the fridge if they are not self preserving. The box you get it in if you get delivery will smell awesome.
Lush does do gift boxes as well so you may want to look a one of those for a preselected lot.

If you go to the brand directory Lush for all products we have and have a look at the reviews, some of the items are limited editions like snow fairy, but there are normal products as well.
Please be aware Lush addictions after the first purchase are a highly likely outcome.

Head Pixie
569 posts
I'm a huge fan of their bubble bars - all of them. Especially the Golden Egg (which usually comes out at Easter, so not helpful... sorry!) But yes, they're bubblelicious and smell amazing. Their scent wafts around the bathroom for days after using. In fact I just bought a whole bundle of bubble bars since I've just had finger surgery and am too afraid to shower in case I ruin the dressing. (Excuses..... excuses......)

Shall we talk about the beauty purchase I made under the influence of tramadol? My. Poor. Credit. Card.
shazatron101
5112 posts
If you have a bath - Twilight bath bomb. hnnnng that baby is my fave. If you love lavender you will love that one! 

No bath - I would say a shower gel or face mask. My favorite shower gel is Twilight, but alas, unless you buy the gift pack with the 100g in it, you're out of luck trying to get it unless it comes out in the Lush Kitchen (in the UK) and paying ridiculous prices for shipping. 
As for a face mask, I am currently using Love Lettuce and BB Seaweed, they're both so lovely and leave my face feeling so soft. It's just that bit of pampering you can slap on and forget about for 10-20 minutes while you have a cuppa. 

Hahaha oh Pixie you always bring the laughs in the morning :P
Macs
5351 posts
Oh what were you looking at getting. I like gift packs because you can try a few at one time. My favourites for gels: Yummy mummy, Twilight, Comforter. Im still exploring bath bombs and bubble bars. Look forward to hearing about your choices.
If you have oily skin, try the Dark Angels cleanser. It also goes perfectly with the trilogy cleansing balm! It's the best cleanser I've used but oh so messy...
Rajvee2588
221 posts
Honey I washed the kid soap and therapy massage bar are my favourite products from lush.
Lutece
1849 posts
Congrats on wanting to take the plunge, you will love their stuff! I agree with the ladies above, it depends on what you want to use them for.

My favs are:

Shampoo: Big sea salt shampoo

Shower cream: The comforter

Soaps: Sandstone, Reindeer rock

Bath: Comforter bubble bar

Please let us know how you get along :)
Nicolef
11 posts
Well this is a curly one. Like other members have said, it totally depends on your personal preferences. If you like light and fresh, I would recommend something like the Rub, rub, rub. (My personal fav). If you like baths, go for a bomb or bath melt. If you like showers, I would go for a shower gel or soap. I lost my Lush virginity with a Butterball bath bomb and a Honey I Washed the Kids soap that was a gift, and I was lost forever. I love the Sakura bath bomb, and anything that they have that is Violet scented, and my current shower essentials are the Godiva Poo bar (jasmine based) and Beautiful shower gel which I absolutely love. It's scented with Apricot and os balanced out by Myrrh. Happy hippy and Karma are too patchouli for me so I never get those. I too found the shop initially overpowering, but grabbed a catalogue and perused it at leisure. Hope this helps. Good luck!
Ringy
825 posts
I think as an introductory item soap is pretty safe and there is lots of options for scent preferences-sweet,spicy,fresh,weird etc etc. I like the body washes but I like sweet scents so they work for me. 
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I thought I wouldn't like the sweet scents but I love the snow fairy shower gel that comes out during Christmas season for baths Im still trying to refine my likes. Galaxy bubble bar is a favorite aswell as the milk bar I also love the dragons egg bath bomb the twilight bath bomb & one other that I've forgotten the name of for other products I haven't delved into them
MareeB
5244 posts
If you like really sweet scents like me, then I recommend the creamy candy bubble bar  - yum!!!
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Yuzu and cocoa shower cream an bath bar are scummy too
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I love sooooo much of it! But the one thing I re purchase is the Intergalactic Bath Bomb. It smells amazing, It looks amazing, It's super glittery, It;s relaxing and uber moisturizing :)
Artemis
311 posts
Sweetie Pie shower jelly smells so fruity and yum, fun to use but a bit of a mess and also not really suited for  very sensitive skin. My son and I also love the Flamingo Bath Wand, another gorgeously fruity scented cocktail.
Think they're quite generous on the samples too, so never hurts to ask!
Toni-Lee
503 posts
Snow Fairy Shower gel back in stock :)
Macs
5351 posts
Is it Toni. Oh I'm going to have a quick look
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I felt ripped man because I just did a haul but since I'm scared it's going to sell out I went and snatched me the largest size. Can never have too many body washes right? Thanks Toni :)
pintsize
1072 posts
I have to admit I bought more than one Luxury Lush Puds earlier <3 plus a couple of other items :D oops
Toni-Lee
503 posts
I know what you mean. I just bought another lot of Lush skincare and it arrived yesterday and then I saw this. Ive never tried it before but may wait till xmas time to try it :)
Toni-Lee
503 posts
Macs I'm trying the catastrophe cosmetic mask right now and the smell is waaaaayyy better than the cosmetic warrior one :)
Toni-Lee
503 posts
Did anyone else take advantage of the free shipping from makeup.co.nz? I only ended up getting the australis banana powder.
Toni-Lee
503 posts
WhAt size do the 5 black pots need to be to be able to receive a free fresh face mask?
trudijoy
8375 posts
any size, and the clear 'Shower Jelly' pots count too :)
Toni-Lee
503 posts
Oh yay thank you :)
Macs
5351 posts
Toni I have about nine empties. I haven't been in to get a mask yet. Which mask were you looking at getting?
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Macs, I counted mine today and I have ten.  I didn't take mine in the last time I went to Lush as trying to pan some other masks. 'Don't Look At Me' is probably my favourite. 
Toni-Lee
503 posts
Hey macs I've only tried catastrophe and cosmetic warrior? I want to try something new. What would you recommend? :)
Macs
5351 posts
Heres my picks Toni , For acne Mask of Magnimity, For exfoliation Cup O Coffee. My third pick Rosy Cheeks. When I've tried them all lol I can give you more picks lol for different uses
Toni-Lee
503 posts
Oh which reminds me, I got a sample of the mask of magnaminty so if I like it will get full size :)
shazatron101
5112 posts
I've used a few of their masks and they're awesome!! I quite like BB Seaweed, it doesn't dry so tight (not a lot of lush masks do and I love it) and it smells awesome. I have also tried Love Lettuce, Mask of Magnaminty, Rosy Cheeks, and Don't Look At Me.
Rosy Cheeks is just a smooth mix and has no bits, the rest do. If you like rosy scents you'll like that one! The others all have bits that slightly exfoliate as you wash them off and they're all delightful! I think some (ones I didn't mention) have gross smells but if you can get to a store you can sniff for yourself. The only problem is that the expire quite fast, but I usually go halves with a friend :-) 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Cosmetic Warrior is the one that smells like a cross between garlic and wet dog (to me anyway) but is amazing for acne. That's the only one I've had that smells bad. I agree, Rosy Cheeks is lovely. 

And yes, best to use them at least twice a week to get the most out of them before their expiry date or share with a friend. I don't think I've ever paid for one though as I always have enough for a freebie. Cup of a coffee isn't classified as a fresh mask for the freebie though - Mask of Magnaminty might be the same?
trudijoy
8375 posts
my fave Lush mask by far is Brazened Honey. I also likes Catastophe Cosmetic, and BB Seaweed but Brazened Honey is def my fave. I loved Magnaminty, but it borderline hurts for the first moment or two

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!