Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Lush new product

23 posts, 16 members
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I watched the video on that link and I'm intruiged ... but how would you wash the jelly off your body before drying yourself, if you don't have a shower or attachment in your bath? How easily will the bath drain afterwards and how much time will it take to clean the bath?  

I don't have a bath, so I can't give it a go.  If someone does try one, I'd love to hear what the experience was like and and whether it was worth the time and effort.
JessB
219 posts
I'd be so keen to try it, because why not, but I have all the same questions. Especially whether it'd drain ok.. Already having problems with blocked drains, wouldn't want to make it worse!
trudijoy
8375 posts
flinched just reading that, sounds like a clammy, sensorily odd bag of NOPE
shazatron101
5112 posts
I was under the impression the jelly dissolved further into the bath and there were no issues with washing off - at least, when I was watching AllThingsLush's Instagram story, that's what came across. The black one would be the messiest one to use, I think. And again, according to ATL, the jelly in the black one was harder to rinse off too.

I want to give them a go! One day ;-)
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Hmm sounds interesting but not worth the effort if I have to scrub the bath tub afterwards. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I'll try one when they're released here or if I do a U.K. order. I a,so saw ATL's insta post and I didn't like the look of the Dark Arts one. The Green Coconut one looked much nicer. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
   I'd have the same questions too JessB. I did watch the demo on Youtube. It seems to be a really good bath bomb for coloring the water and stuff, I think if you got one it'd be a really good one to get like four, six, eight baths out of. Because whatever turns the water to jelly and colors it seems to be very concentrated you could probably get a normal bath with just a piece of that bath bomb. 

I don't think I would be into bathing in jelly especially the black one as it makes the bath look like it's glittery black mud. But I wouldn't mind adding a tiny piece of the other colored jelly bombs to a bath and getting more baths out of the jelly bath bomb than I would out the other Lush bath bombs.
Kimrose
1419 posts
So I was thinking maybe the jelly gets thin the longer you are in it?  Then it would drain ok
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I think most of the videos are of the bomb in a smaller tub than a bath tub, therefore the jelly is  more concentrated. 
Macs
5351 posts
I'd be keen to try this out. I have a foot bath. Only time I have a bath is when I go to the hotel .
Emily-jane
314 posts
Thanks for sharing. That was actually quite fascinating to watch. It would be fun to try it out to see how it works but soaking in it might not be.
swamphen
73 posts
Oh wow!!! Will have to try it
-Bex-
611 posts
I'm rather excited i have 2 coming from the U.K and i cannot wait to try them just because they sound and look so weird. i ordered 'the big sleep' and 'dark arts' dark arts might be interesting since its black. i shall keep you posted.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Please report back on what you think of them, Bex!
Chaotic82
522 posts
Reminds me a little of a thing I got for the kids - Gelli Baff.  Not quite the same consistency though I don't think.   They loved that stuff, but it was a nightmare to clean up.  Curious to see what these are like! 
Julieal
915 posts
Looking forward to Bex trialling -could be interesting ?
g1ggles2
358 posts
Ok I need this in my life like yesterday!!
My kids will love it - we often give them 'magic baths' with bath bombs that sparkle or have little surprises inside 
However more importantly I will LOVE it.

trudijoy
8375 posts
i don't have a bath but i bought a couple of fundraising bathbombs that are 'fortune bombs' with a wee message inside like a fortune cookie.

Cute idea hey!
g1ggles2
358 posts
Naww the fortune cookie bombs do sound cute.

I love all that kind of stuff
Kimrose
1419 posts
I dont have a bath Trudi, but when we go away that is my non negeotable when booking a hotel, it has a bath so I can have a bath bomb!
JessB
219 posts
Please do share your experience Bex! And I'd think the same Tanny, one bomb would probably do multiple baths. I generally break up my Lush bath bombs into 3 or 4 anyway. 
We got our jelly bombs. Was a bit disappointed not to sure if it was because of the time it took if the post that may have effected them. In the photo I added warm water and half the bath bomb the top half was a foaming slime texture but under was just plan water when we added that to the bath with the rest of the bomb there wasn't any slime let alone jelly. It did smell great and leave my skin feeling soft but definitely nothing jelly about it.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!