Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Lockdown self care

16 posts, 9 members
ree_nz
247 posts
As we (Auckland anyway) are back in lockdown, I'd love to hear what everyone is doing for self care!

I have found these lockdowns quite stressful (even though logically I have no reason to), so this time around I am finally making time to go through BR and do a bunch of reviews I've been meaning to do (life gets busy but I need to make the time to do things I love like reviewing), going to chuck on a hair mask and face mask, paint my nails and try to make the lockdown about little pieces of self care! 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Listening to as much music as possible is what gets me through. So all day Saturday and Sunday. I'm currently listening to an 80s show being broadcast from Mexico with my friend who is in Rotterdam lol. 
ree_nz
247 posts
That's awesome! Music and random dance parties while working from home also get me through the tough isolation times! Definitely going to look into the international radio streaming though :)
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
What kind of music are you into? I mostly use streaming platforms like twitch and mixcloud. 

MareeB
5244 posts
I'm in the south, so not locked down. If I was I'd be watching tele and reading. I rarely have a day off. This weekend I had both days off but travelled yesterday and have been asleep most of the day today! I hope you guys are doing ok in Auckland.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I work from home anyway so that helps but I make sure I wear clothes I like, put a bit of effort in to appearance, keep my space tidy and zen and that sort of thing.

I also reduce my social media because reading the utter drivel being posted gets to me. Ppl ranting about conspiracy theories and blaming the government and insulting Aucklanders does my head in.

I eat well, whether that my own cooking or UberEats (although I restrict that to 1x a week and usually at the weekend ).

I walk a lot. I do anyway but I do more. I did 10km today without going more than a couple of km away from my door in any one direction .

and I trust the process. Lockdowns do work. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I'm not in lockdown either but I prefer to be at home during these times when I'm not working. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Socially responsible plus keeping yourself safe soozie x wish more people did that!
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
We are level 2 where I am but I really don't go anywhere unless I have to. I like to do a lot of baking and cooking during lockdowns, I really enjoy creating new things in the kitchen.....it is my happy place.
Also keeping active so taking the dog for a walk and doing things around the yard.
Nothing beats a pamper session either :-)
trudijoy
8375 posts
I bake a bit in the longer lockdowns (in the weekend bits) too but I live alone and don't love eating baking as much as I love actually baking lol 
Kimrose
1419 posts
This is the first lockdown that I havent worked, because husband and I have annual leave this week!! So annoying to be honest, we have had to cancel a week's worth of plans. We cant go to a family wedding on Friday in the Waikato which is so sad, we were all looking forward to a lovely celebration. My darling Dad now lives in a rest home due to having had 2 strokes late last year which has left him bed ridden, at level 3 I cant visit him which I do every day.  That breaks my heart. I'm not sure how I will be spending my time during this lockdown, maybe I will bake, it seemed like it was a popular pass time last lockdown 

tabucutie
1811 posts
In a new job for this and the previous lockdown. Good procedures in place at work so I'm ok with that.  Way more cars on the road then there probably should be due to people not following the lockdown rules. Find that stressful.

Just did some yoga/meditation feeling calmer. Looking forward to some pampering tomorrow as its a rostered day off.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Kim that's so sad.

I was at work so not much had changed but I've come down with a cold so will probably see the rest of the lockdown out from my little apartment.

I haven't had time full stop lately so will definitely take this time at home to focus on self care a bit.
MareeB
5244 posts
Awww Kim, I'm so sorry. I hope this covid business is over soon xx
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Kim that would make me so sad too. I hope you can visit your Dad soon.
Kita12
5 posts
Bit of mascara always makes me feel half human during lockdown! 
Really loving this no traffic business though! Always look forge positives right? 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!