Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Limecrime reputation

28 posts, 17 members
Ksjc_nz
370 posts
First off, I'm not trying to *start* anything with this thread, but I am genuinely curious/confused at the things I'm finding via Google about limecrime.
I love the look of them so of course off I went to check them out and find out where i can get them from, and I have found so much negative stuff about the brand/owner I feel a bit iffy about trying them now.

Did I miss something where she cleared up the mess of repackaging/bullying tactics or do people just look past that for the pretty colours?
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Personally it's far to easy to find negatives about almost anything on the Internet.
You are lucky to have the best site in new Zealand if not the world, where you can read the reviews from actual people who have nothing to gain by writing in here.

I myself love Lime Crime products. There are a few that didn't look as good as I'd hoped (fingers crossed please look amazing even tho its not my normal colour). So I'm absolutely certain you will get some honest replies in here for your question.

I myself will continue to buy the wonderful products and I love their packaging :)
chikoboo
3402 posts
The problem is people love negativity when mostly it's just rumours and speculation either way Lime Crime has gained cult status and is highly sought after. The recent event could have happened to any site and has. I've never had any bad experiences and love the brand and Doe Deere :)
Ksjc_nz
370 posts
Thanks :) I remember lusting over the stuff that gracielou.co.nz used to sell, but never got round to actually buying any.
I do like that they say they're not tested on animals etc and the colours are really lovely, and to begin with were very unique, not so much now there's so many other places to get bright out - there colours.

And yeah I guess you're right, I'm sure if I look I'll find negative stuff about almost any brand. It's a blimmin mine field wading through trying to see which companies measure up ethically!
RC
162 posts
I'll add my two cents; I don't buy limecrime, and one small (very small!) part of it is what I have read about the founders behaviour and tactics and the repackaging saga; but others are right to observe, you'll find negativity about any brand if you dig deep enough!

The biggest reason I don't purchase their products is that I don't use lipstick or bright colours; so the brand is just not for me :) I was tempted to try out as I'm open to trying new things, but I know that in all honesty I'd never use it 
Pifithrin
1243 posts
There is a lot out there about Limecrime and I've never bought anything from them, despite being interested in their products. I prefer to support brands closer to home.

*post has been edited to align more closely with BR rules*
chikoboo
3402 posts
Just be aware of forum rules, we can not slander a company and with some of these comments based on rumors and speculation bear in mind not everything you read on the internet, or see on TV is true!!everyone is entitiled to their own opinons and views but you have to play by the rules and this might prompt BR to remove comments or the thread...just a big heads up!!

(as per BR Forum rules) 6.We love hearing about your experiences of beauty services, such as salons or retailers. Honest and critical accounts will make New Zealand's beauty industry a better place - but please don't just slander a business.
Pifithrin
1243 posts
I agree Chikoboo - though I don't think my post is slander. I don't believe everything I read either - as a scientist I weigh up the evidence. In my mind there is enough out there that I am not personally comfortable supporting the brand. Others are welcome to support them however and I don't judge them for it - they do make some gorgeous colors.
Pifithrin
1243 posts
I've gone back and edited my post - should not fall outside the rules now.

I do think an honest and critical review could encompass a company's ethics and business practices but having no direct experience with Limecrime I will not include my opinions here.
chikoboo
3402 posts
I wasn't pointing out a single persons comment, just that rumors can be slanderous to a company, they may be right, they might be wrong.
janini9
341 posts
I have only ordered once from Lime Crime, also being the first buying of any of their products. It was so very easy and the service was outstanding. I ordered about 6 days before Xmas and the package arrived within 4 days. I was notified via email of shipment and tracking. The parcel, when opened, revealed a unique printed box with a prettily wrapped interior. It couldn't have been more perfect, as it was for my teenage daughter who had been secretly admiring the vibrant colours and especially the velveteen black and pansy.
The actual products have lived up to her expectations and I wouldn't hesitate to reorder from Lime Crime direct again. Even though they have had this website hack, which can happen to almost any website, I think it has been dealt with reasonably, and I seemed to have luckily not been affected.
kayxcake
422 posts
I have read through those negative posts about Lime Crime and the owner, whether those stories are true, or not, I love Lime Crime's products anyway. I have tried to deny my love for their products before but I just can't help and admit I really do love their lipsticks! 

Their recent credit card incident has really put me off though :/ even though it did not effect me, I feel bad for the people who had money taken out of their account. & that makes me scared of placing order with them in future, even if it's using paypal.

I think everyone has a past, good or bad, if they have become successful years later, they must be doing something right. 
MicheleC
419 posts
I have had my credit card compromised before and not through my own use (as has happened to some LC shoppers). It is possible for dishonest people to clone cards or hit upon genuine card numbers by random number generation (or similar means). My credit card company contacted me to ask if I had been shopping in Hong Kong! My card was cancelled and re-issued. It always pays to monitor all accounts that have card access to ensure your card hasn't been compromised.
Pifithrin
1243 posts
Interesting that Shannon Harris has now said she won't be supporting Limecrime any longer.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Weird, she did? She was in love with them haha. That's strange. I think Lime Crime look great but I can never justify the price haha!
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
There seem to be a massive load of you tubers/beauty gurus that have said they arent supporting LC anymore. I like the products but also am not supporting the company any more due to the things I have read while researching the card scandal. Without going into detail (if you want to know more you can just google it), I am really unimpressed with the owners past behaviour and her current behaviour in handling the card infor beings compromised has been the icing on the cake for me.
Kaitlyn343
268 posts
I've obviously been living under a rock because I have no idea what's going on hahaha. 
Susilia
484 posts
No rumors or speculations here, negative things about lime crime and Doe Deere are all true.  I don't want to slam her or the company, but she has admitted that people were reporting their details stolen and fradulent charges occuring on their cards way back in October 2014, but due to not having enough proof that it was limecrime's site that got compromised she did nothing, but let the customers buy from the site up until mid February 2015, where there were just way too many customers complaining about fradulent charges, so she couldn't keep up with deleting their posts and comments and had to do something.
Also customers warned her and were asking why does the checkout page says that the security hasn't been updated on their site and it's not safe?? Just add 2 and 2 together guys, and decide if you really want to keep buying her products. I personally am looking forward to see their fall.
People had lost thousands of dollars and not every bank give their money back, credit reputations has been destroyed and there is a girl who can't afford college anymore because of this, and Doe Deere does't give a f.... but yeah, keep buying her products, so she can afford her laughable dollhouse...

Not to mention pulling out NZ and Australian distributions without any reasons, making it difficult for smaller businesses that were mainly profitable because of limecrie, the businesses that were so helpful to this questionable indie brand, giving them a real fan base here, now Doe just kicked them in the ....ss. Disquisting business woman I'd say.
chikoboo
3402 posts
I'm not wasting any more money on the brand but I wouldn't resort to selling what I already own, kind of pointless as I have already paid to them.
Ksjc_nz
370 posts
I agree, if you've already got them and they work the way they should then it's silly to get rid of them, but I wouldn't be supporting them again. (I could never get over my icky feeling at what I read - right or wrong- about them so never bought anything of theirs)
melly650
375 posts
I might be the only one on here who's still willing to buy from them. I own Red Velvet and I've bought another Velvetine for a friend, but in saying that I've never actually purchased from them, but through a distributor. As they've pulled out of Aus/NZ though I doubt that I will get anymore, but if I do see something one day and I want it, I will purchase it. 

I know there are a lot of dupes with way more product in, etc. but the colour of the Red Velvet is amazing and I love it to bits. 

Now, I don't support the behaviour of the company, but in the end they've never personally given me bad service, so I can't complain. 

Each to their own though :)
MrsLissy
301 posts
Meh, I have never purchased a Lime Crime product and probably won't bother now. It costs nothing to be nice at the end of the day and I like to reward retailers for good customer service not endorsing bad treatment of customers.
charly
456 posts
I didn't know about any of this. Thanks for the information everyone!
nemesisroxx
506 posts
I have brought a few things from Lime Crime Directly. Thankfully it was before the hacking. I have recently been made aware of some of the happenings and goings ons and I don't think I'll be buying anything else from the company. I love what products I do have. But I don't want to buy from someone who doesn't appreciate their customers and slags them off on social media.
nemesisroxx
506 posts
Where did Shaaanxo say she wasn't supporting LC anymore? Just curious.
Pifithrin
1243 posts
On Facebook. It was at the top of my feed as it had so many comments. Not sure which page of hers it was, and now I can't seem to find the post.
Rania-alani90
106 posts
Super interesting, I haven't bought anything from LC and don't ever plan to after reading this.. that poor girl who can't afford college because of her stupid website just makes me furious!
Pifithrin
1243 posts
Ah I just found it nemesisroxx - it was on Twitter, and someone shared it to the EBR Shaaanxo page.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!