Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

29 posts, 22 members
cushlaH5
178 posts
hey everyone just wondering whats your fave limecrime lippy? i had black velvet loved the color but the formula didnt work for me :( and i just ordered airbourne unicorn :) since not liking black velvet im kind of scared to buy any other velvetines :(
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Hey there.
whats the thing you didn't like about the formula?
I have 4 of them. I've found using a lip liner stops bleeding. Your lips needs to be moisturised and exfoliated to make sure they are all smooth looking.
I have the glamour 101 and LOVE LOVE LOVE it. 
chikoboo
3402 posts
You have to remember that the velvetines are drying so if you start with dry lips your going to have a bad time...  That being said I've not had any problems with any of my velvetines and I own all of them, the lipsticks are more hydrating they don't dry onto your lips to create a matte unmovable effect like the velvetines, although they do like to stick on your lips for a long period of time regardless.  I have airbourne unicorn and its formula is awesome add the scent of vanilla and you should find yourself in love.  But each person is different so...
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
I tend to have dry lips but like it was mentioned above, if you exgfoliate them before wearing a velvetine and apply lip balm before doing your makeup (I always do my lips last so the lipbalm has ample time to soak into my lips), I find that they don't dry my lips out.

Their lipsticks are more hydrating than the velvetines as well :)
cushlaH5
178 posts
i was well aware that it is a dry formula, i know its matte. i exfoliated and used paw paw before hand. i also lined with a black eyeliner and i didnt experience any bleeding.it looked great on my lips it was smooth and opaque. my gripe is with the way it wore off. understandably it came off in the center of my lips as i was eating and drinking. but when i went to reapply it was not buildable at all. it started going flaky,crusty and just overall looked terrible. i couldnt even take it off as i knew it would make a huge mess on my face. the more i reapplied the easier it wore off.  i was disappointed. i didnt personally like it. that doesnt mean its a bad product and thats not at all what i was incinuating :)
chikoboo
3402 posts
Yes I find that with any matte lipsticks that they wear off from the middle out and I have that reapply issue with many of them not just the Lime crime ones, that's why I carry a pot of trilogy everything balm with me, if it starts to wear off towards the end of the day I pop on a smidge of this instead of re-apply as I've found that you can't really re-apply any velvetine, be it Lime Crime, Australis Velourlips or Pretty Zombie once it's decided that its time to come off.   Also when it comes to removing any of these I use a cold cream or a waterproof eye makeup remover wipe as you don't need to scrub for ages and damage the area getting the last little bits off, as is the nature of these lipsticks to stay once on.
cushlaH5
178 posts
when i said i couldt take it off i meant because i was still out and about lol it came off easily with makeup remover
ieseon
67 posts
My favourite is poisonberry! It is so beautiful, it is a mixed of purple/berry red colour.  It is pretty bold and classy. I used it as my lipstick to a 'Gatsby' themed party and it matched very well with my outfit! I recommend that colour :) also it can still leave a hue of berry/purple on your lips the next morning.
MicheleC
419 posts
In my review of the Velvetine I mentioned that putting too much on was a problem. I also said that I wiped excess off the doe foot to get a thinner layer of product application.

Maybe this would work for the fix up needed with hyper matte lippies. Wipe away excess on the doe foot and only dab at the worn away parts to recoat. Reapplication on the whole lips is what causes the flaking and horrid results, so avoiding doing this should make a difference.
Macs
5351 posts
I have lime rime envy. I just cant justify spending that amount on a lippy.
george
150 posts
I love Lime Crime.. haven't used their actual lipsticks because I can't justify the price.. but I well and truely love the Velvetines! I have Wicked and find it amaaaazing. 
SandyGedge
394 posts
I personally don't have any issues with my Velvetine. Yes it was definitely drying upon my first wear but that was due to me never wearing a matte lippy before so it felt a lot different. As times gone on, ive gotten used to it and how to apply it without it bleeding. I am actually able to reapply with a ease too. I can't wait to have more of these gems and hope I don't have issues with them :-)
Shazzaali
45 posts
I have the pink velvetine and find that applying it with a lip brush gives a much better and more precise application. I apply a few coats (allow each coat to dry before applying another) to ensure it doesnt smudge or rub off, I have eaten with this and it hasnt come off not even from the center.
Kittik
179 posts
I think you have to be careful about what you use as a base with the velvetines..

Personally I use a little bit of lip balm with a smidge of primer over the top. Using a pawpaw base is likely providing a middle medium that the lippy is going to stick to, rather than the lips..and the pawpaw tends to slide around and not dry properly.
It did take a lot of practice and experimenting to get it right, but its worth it.

I usually use a lip scrub applied and scrubbed with the tongue cleaner on my tooth brush lol
And definitely apply using a lipstick brush..and DEFINITELY use a lip liner hehe

I have glamour 101 and adore it. I probably would have given up except that its the first red shade I've found that suits me.
g1ggles2
358 posts
Im a huge fan of Lime Crime - just for starters the colours are awesome
But I do have to agree to some extent that the staying power with the velvetines isnt all its cracked up to be.

I also found that the non transfer claim was untrue for the veletines regardless of how I apply this I always leave marks when I kiss my son hehehe

However all that being said I do still really enjoy the range & how they feel on my lips :D
melly650
375 posts
I love everyone's tips hehe! I just ordered my very first Velvetine in Red Velvet so I really hope I love it lol...
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
Macs There are some great (more affordable) Limecrime dupes - Makeup Revolution have some different coloured lippies - their Atomic Collection looks really nice.

They also have 'velvet matte lip lacquer's'. I haven't tried these but they look similar to the velvetines and are only NZ $5.80 :)

Pretty Zombie Cosmetics are also an amazing dupe for Limecrime, although I wouldn't suggest purchasing from their website. I ordered from them a month ago and am STILL waiting for the lipsticks to arrive. Luckily they are amazing lipsticks or I would have opened a paypal dispute.

Also these lipsticks from ebay are amazingly cheap at NZ $1.48 each and they are awesome. A friend gave me a bunch of these and they last a looong time on your lips. They are fairly drying though - moreso than the others mentioned, but if you moisturise your lips before using them then they feel ok.

melly650 Omg, Red Velvet is going to look SO gorgeous on you! Can't wait to see pics!
OliviaJess
40 posts
Now I don't own any lime crime products, but I so want to! I want the valventines and some of the lipsticks. I need them in my life, I need to save but I will get there hehe.
Rezee
1964 posts
I really want to try out a Velvetine, I think they look so amazing. I do own three of the lipsticks, too be honest, I'm not the hugest fan of the formula. The colour is amazing but I hate how they wear off on my lips. I have wet n wild dupes for a couple of colours and I prefer to wear those lipsticks over the lime crime ones.
1139 posts
In the past I have mentioned a few times that I dislike the Lime Crime products I've tried (Red Velvet Velvetine and Present Carousel Gloss) but I think I've changed my mind. The reason I am not a huge fan of Red Velvet is that it's SO red and I just don't think it looks that great on me (even though I preach that anyone can suit any lip colour haha) and it does tend to transfer on me. The Carousel Gloss has the most amaaaazing pigmentation but it also tends to bleed, transfer to my teeth and has huge chunks of glitter in it. 

But two days ago I was very lucky and received Lime Crime's Utopia Velvetine after winning a competition, and I really like it. I wore it for 9 hours and only had to touch it up a tiny bit once. I was studying the entire time but it did withstand plenty of eating (hello I am a stress-eater) and didn't transfer onto my water bottle at all. It did give me a faint pink line around my lips by the end of it, kind of like bleeding but not really. The colour is amazing though. Super super bright pink/purple - honestly it's hard to describe because it depends on the light. Plus lots of people commented on it, so obviously it looked okay. Would definitely recommend :)  
I have Retrofuturist aka a retro red and im in love with it and the limecrime brand there are so many colors i want to buy but im too afraid i wont suit them
kayxcake
422 posts
Countessa Fluorescent is my favourite! I have tried almost all the pastel and weird colors but they didn't seem to impress me as much.. I have recently tried Babette, while everyone loves it, it looks so weird on me.. looks amazing in pictures but made me look pale in person.. and I have light to medium skintone.. 
RachLouise
218 posts
My faves are the Coquette and Cosmopop combo!
pintsize
1072 posts
Thanks to the BR babes on here I have bought two LC lippies yesterday... black velvet and serpentina... was eyeing up poisonberry too but couldn't stretch that far yet... next time... maybe lol

xx
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Pintsize, well done! I love poisonberry, I was wearing it today actually. I hope you really enjoy brand
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
I've never tried limecrime so best place to buy it please ladies and Mac :) I'm in need oh help 
chikoboo
3402 posts
Fi, I buy mine from either off beautybliss, or direct from Lime Crime (especially on new release stuff....like the Venus palette.....I can't wait!!) but it takes a good 2 weeks from their direct site.  If you want to buy from a store you can from cosmic corner.
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
chickoboo thank you thank you I'm off to have a look right now oh exciting xxxxx
Kia
550 posts
I adore the limecrime packaging, but I'm not going to lie, I dislike the colour range they have, except for a couple of the reds and pinks, although they are basic colours and can be found in any lipstick brand! But who could resist the packaging! I've heard very mixed reviews on the velvitines though, so I may just have to try the nice red one for myself

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!