Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Lies you tell yourself when you're really just going shopping....

16 posts, 14 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
I lied to myself at the end of work today.  I said 'self, you're in Melbourne, lets go for a nice walk'.  That walk took me to Sephora.  Then Mecca Maxima.  Then Victoria's Secret, Myer, Sportsgirl, Priceline and more.  In the end I conceded defeat and admitted that it was just a shopping trip ...... and the amazing thing was I've still done double my target of steps for the day!  Also, this place is STUNNING.

and other also... I managed to score a reward from a shop in a country i don't live in, because i've spent THAT MUCH time and cash there recently haha

k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Hahaha that's sounds like enabler to the max wtg spoil yourself & enjoy Trudi
JessB
219 posts
Haha well done trudijoy! Sounds like a very successful outing!
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Well done Trudi haha. I moreso have the bad habit of buying one thing one day then something else the next and so on. So while I might have only spent under $20 in the trip. By the end of the month I always discover I've brought more than I intended to.
tannygirl
3392 posts
Me it's telling myself what I bargain I'm getting when it comes to gwp and sales, or that it'll come in handy as a gift for someone around the end of the year when stuff is expensive. Although I have been doing better recently and haven't been spending as much trying to pan through what I have although I have told myself that if I really want a BBBE to just go ahead and buy it as my chosen splurge. 
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Sounds like a successful outing hahaha! You have to give yourself some credit, you still went on that walk haha
Macs
5351 posts
That walk sounds lovely.

Yes I do tell myself lies. Like when I broke my no buy lol  I haven't made an in store purchase in a long time. I seem to buy online a lot. 
How about "They are having a sale so Ill save money" how ever you end up spending 2 or 3 times more than you would if it wasn't on sale in the first place
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Or if you spend a bit more to get free shipping gut instead spend way over to qualify for free shipping & dent you account
ragingfrog
1289 posts
The extra item for free shipping or GWP is my biggest downfall
Rezee
1964 posts
You know, I think that sounds lie a really good gym cardio session to me! Haha, I can pretty much justify anything. I don't think of them as lies, just stretched truths. Because its not really a lie that I need that 20th lush shower gel 
Pifithrin
1243 posts
Yes, this is me. I was in Melbourne last week and had about two hours free. So I went into the city and went to Cos. Told self I needed a new dress for my oral exam. Bought dress plus extra dress plus a top and some socks. Ooops.

Really though the exam was an excuse, I would have bought it anyway.
Kimrose
1416 posts
All valid points ladies. Nothing beats a day out shopping.
trudijoy
8375 posts
love these, ladies!!  I have another decent 'walk' planned on Sunday before I leave Melbourne on Monday morning, and then a couple more planned in Sydney next week hehe.
Ringy
825 posts
I just feel like honesty is the best policy - I mean in such situations - you need the forethought to pack an extra suitcase, or take less stuff to start with - I always book hand luggage, only to be caught booking a case last minute in the way home (or sending it home!). I like to shop and I'm not ashamed. 
sam_clarkson
205 posts
Me: I need to go to Kmart
Partner: Why?...
Me: I just need some socks......................

more me lieing to him I suppose

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!