Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

LED Treatments

8 posts, 6 members
alikat
423 posts
Anyone had any LED treatments? How did you find them?

I just had my first tonight for a small texture issue following a dermaplaning at the weekend and I feel like all the broken blood veins in my cheeks have lessened. Oh and the texture is gone.

Tempted to find an at home solution, but they all appear hella expensive.
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I did try one years ago, I found it worked as well as a cream but took longer to apply per say.
EliseMM
120 posts
Slightly different to LED treatments for skin concerns, but I have a Homedics IPL hair removal appliance which I've been using for about a year. It works by damaging the hair follicle, meaning that hair growth is slowed and sometimes stopped all together. I've had moderate success with it. 

Definitely looking forward to seeing what light technology will do in the near future!
kirstyj
1732 posts
I’ve had LED treatments added to facials and to be honest I’m not sure if it really did anything at all. I did some research and couldn’t really find anything to support it working. 

If you want to do it at home I understand Neutrogena released a mask and a wand that you could try. 
Imoshen
461 posts
I watched a Dr Dray video on LED Light Therapy and she explains alot about what light is good for what problem, what it does etc.  It got me thinking that I would like to try it out too but you must understand two things 1) it takes a while to see any changes 2) an at home use device may not be as effective as one used in a salon.

I found a woman on youtube that used a flexible wrap around LED device that she had purchased which was cool but very expensive so I went looking on aliexpress and found a couple of more affordable options.  

The hand held devices are nice if there are areas you want to target but the mask is interesting if you want all over (not to mention super scary if your partner or kids walk in on you while using it).  

I say interesting because it's not particularly comfortable to wear for 20 mins while lying down.  The silicone eye protectors need proper padding or they will leave indentation marks on your skin that will take forever to go away and I ended up breathing through my mouth because it was easier.

If you are light skinned, be very careful using blue light as it can cause hyperpigmentation.
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
I've had two sessions 3 weeks apart 
it's a little light zappy a tiny ouch 
I did notice a small improvement in some of the odd blemishes on my face they slowly went brown and went away. But I'm talking tiny blemishes
 I don't know if I'd rush back to get it done again :)
Imoshen
461 posts
Magpiefi - are you talking about IPL treatments?  LED is just light and shouldn't hurt at all but IPL does the stinging to the skin and is supposed to help rosacea sufferers or those suffering from redness.
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
Oh yes your right Imoshen
I had laser on my face and that was the  zappy thing and yeah similar to the hair removal thing.

but four sessions of led lying down under a light that flashed a bright light and did a lot of colour change.
i didn't notice any difference in my skin with that.

ive had so many treatments last year I've struggled to keep up xx

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!