Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Korean beauty must haves

30 posts, 17 members
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I just found out that I am being sent to Korea for ten days in September! Woohoo! I'm super excited, especially at the prospect of filling my suitcase with beauty items. What things must I absolutely get when I'm there?
shazatron101
5112 posts
Woohoo! You'll have such a nice time. No recommendations but I just wanted to say yay and share in your excitement haha :-D
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Thanks Shazatron! I've been keeping my fingers crossed that this opportunity would come up for the last couple of months so super exciting that it's happening!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
And I've just seen today's u-review! I don't think my day could possibly get any better!
shazatron101
5112 posts
Double yay!! Yay!!!! 
kirstyj
1732 posts
That is super awesome WorldofSoozieWong! On both counts.

I hope you find some of the weirdest beauty finds to show us :)
Julieal
915 posts
You should be able to get some really cool stuff -Good On you -Share when you get back 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Thanks Julie and Kirsty! I will be sure to post my haul when I get back. 
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
What a day! How exciting for you :)

I love love love tonymoly and a few other brands. Their skincare is seriously yummy
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Thanks, farmerswife! To top the day off, I've got snuggly new pyjamas to put on tonight, lol. I'll definitely be picking up some Tonymoly, just for the cute packaging alone. 
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Their packaging is so cute.
I need some warm pj's. It was so cold I had to wrap up in swazi gear over PJ'S and extra blankets. The frost hasn't moved mush today
MareeB
5244 posts
Congratulations worldofsooziewong - 10 days in Korea will be a dream!! Congratulations also on your U-review, it was great, and it sounds like a lovely product.

Hahaha and big congrats on your new PJs - that alone is worth celebrating :)
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Thanks, Maree. Today has been a great day! I'm glad you enjoyed the review. Now if only I could get the dishes to wash themselves!
notjaya
62 posts
etude house has tons of amazing products and the face shop too. tony moly is another great korean brand. make sure to visit those!
Macs
5351 posts
Tony Moly and Etude House I hear are so good. I had some samples given to me by farmers wife a while ago and they were so good. Their packaging is so cute I think my daughter would run away with it. Look forward to hearing about what you chose. Congrats for being featured. 
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
That's so rad, have a great time! (Congrats on the feature btw). Tonymoly, Etude House and Holika Holika are all awesome from my experience. Although nearly everything Korean I've used has been awesome!
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
How awesome!! I haven't tried a whole lot of Korean skincare, but i have tried etude house & tony Moly, which i have enjoyed so could be a good place to start 
Rezee
1964 posts
You need mum of 3 munchkins in here,  shes the one that got me hooked on korean products!
I love tony moly products,  their masks rock. Holika holika do the most amazing bb creams. The snail products from any brand are so amaxing for dry skin too.
have fun, what an exciting place to visit.
Pifithrin
1243 posts
I would check Lisa Eldridge's videos. She goes to Korea often and has a video of things she bought during one trip.
Kellyleanne
551 posts
I'm a fan of  Korean beauty products-used to love getting meme boxes. Etude house have fab products and so cute. Etude house is one of my favourites. The packaging is so cute, my daughter thinks so too! 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Thanks all! Having finally perfected the art of packing light, I think I'll be taking the big suitcase on this trip!
Kellyleanne
551 posts
How exciting for you. Agree- a big suitcase is a necessity to bring back your awesome haul! 
Hi, wow great for you. I am sure you will have an awesome time in Korea. I actually live in Korea have been here for about four years now. I love Kbeauty and have way too much stuff (well you can never have too much makeup and skincare, can you). If you have any questions or anything about where to go and what to do then please just let me know. You can find my contact details through my br profile which links to my blog. I am very happy to help out in any way. 
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Super exciting hun and super yay for the new pjs x

I highly recommend Tony Moly too. Also Petit BB Cream - Clearing. Any of their BB Creams and Lioele brand are fantastic. If you are a huge fan of gel eyeliners, I highly recommend you getting heaps of them as they are so hard to get here or expensive. Have lots of fun and would love to see a photo of your goodies on the photo wall xx
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Thanks, cuteprettybeauty, I've started following you on Instagram - that's just what I'm looking for! Want all the things!!! I'm being sent over with 11 other NZ teachers to learn about and experience Korean culture by the Asia Foundation and Korea Foundation. They have a pretty full itinerary for us!

Mumof3, I've never tried gel liners so might be a good time to check them out. Everything seems so cheap from the sites I've looked at that sell Korean stuff. 
Kimrose
1419 posts
Isnt it great when good things happen to people we know. Such great news and I know you will have a great time and come back with heaps of goodies :)
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Awww, thanks Kim_rose. I'm still really buzzing about it. Current catchphrase "did I tell you I'm gong to Korea?" lol. 
That sounds amazing that you are going in a group trip like that, you will certainly be looked after. Koreans are some of the most hospitable people you will meet and they will bend over backwards to show you a good time. They also love to show off their country so you can be sure of some excellent cultural experiences. 

Following you back on ig - hope you find some good inspiration :)
It's great you're going! I haven't been for years and I only was really in Daegu myself but it's still a lot of fun!

Items you should get (coming from a Korean)

-BB cream. I recommend Hanskin personally. It's one of the priciest but holy hell theirs works better than anything else I used. Only thing that doesn't simply slide off my face.

-Gel liners. Keep in mind some of them do spread like Lioele's if your eyelids are super oily like mine. Never had this problem with liners from The Faceshop.

-Cushion foundations. All the rage. Etude has a good affordable variety.

-Lip tints galore. Pretty sure every brand has some.

-Pore strips. So much cheaper in Korea, especially if ordered online. If you need them stock up!

Remember to check out Lotte malls when you find them and they may or may not contain Lush stores so if you need your Lush fix, it's available in Korea.

Also, not beauty related but if you have a thing for more shoes like Doc Martens it's a good idea to get a pair or two. More variety and it's much cheaper.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Thanks for all the tips crystalmarionette. Looks like I'll be taking the minimum of makeup arms skincare with me and hitting the stores at every chance!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!