Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

kinda BR kinda not - life hacks!

6 posts, 3 members
shazatron101
5112 posts
what are your ultimate life hacks? off the top of my head, mine are..

if your hair dryer is a bit old (like mine was) and takes forever, section hair off like you would to straighten (only bigger chunks). dries way faster, you aren't left with half soggy hair. 

too cold to use massage bars? use them as an in shower moisturizer! it's probably my favorite way to use them now actually lol

add chicken (or vege for the vegetarians) stock to rice when cooking, omnomonomonm. i personally prefer the continental dry stock, but i only have oxo at the moment and to be honest it's just not the same. also, obviously not vegetarian friendly! 

freeze your cheese! grate it and snaplock it for free flow cheese. brilliant when you can get a kg block of cheese for $6. lasts forevverrrr
trudijoy
8375 posts
- i chop and freeze herbs, they behave like fresh ones and i have whatever i need herbwise handy whenever i want them

- put delicate clothes into a pillowcase (if you don't have a laundry bag) and securely tie it shut with a hairtie, then you can still machine wash handwash only clothing.

- add a tealight candle with the wick removed to your soy melt burner when the melt has melted. When you're over it and want to clear it out you can just apply pressure on one side and it'll pop right out cleanly

- cold brew coffee is easy when you put a coffee bag (eg Jeds) in a bottle of water and chuck it in the fridge overnight.

- micellar water is genius level handy for removing dye from your hairline and fake tan from places it shouldnt be

- greasy oven dish you cba scrubbing? cover the stained bits in baking soda, and pour over white vinegar, leave overnight then hot wash and scrub a little, it'll come right off.

- speaking of baking soda and vinegar, it also declogs a drain in about three seconds.

- scrunched up wet newspaper cleans enclosed fireplace glass screens better than just about anything else (on the inside of the glass)
tabucutie
1811 posts
@shazatron101: I love that massage bar hint. I am trying to finish one up so I can move on to other moisturisers. Will put in the shower tomorrow!

The only hint I can think of is with wax burners. If you want to change the scent but still have wax left over pop it in the freezer for 10 mins. It freezes hard and you can pop it right out.
shazatron101
5112 posts
had a gel toner i hated, put it into a old spray toner bottle and added extra toner... BOOM. i love it
tabucutie
1811 posts
Gel toner? Have not heard of them, must do some research. Great hack though.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Burnt your hair with the straightener? To get rid of the burnt smell, put aloe vera in your hair! If that doesn't work, try coconut oil, or a baking soda paste.
I put aloe vera in overnight with a hair mask at the ends, and i currently have a coconut oil/baking soda concoction in my hair but it wasn't needed as the aloe vera took the smell away overnight. And my hair smelled horrible so im glad the smell has gone!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!