Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

It would be great if. ..

11 posts, 10 members
Sophia
203 posts
When writing a review for lipstick or lipbalm, that the flavour is always stated. I just read some reviews for something I want to try, and less than half of the reviews were of much use in that regard.
For something that goes on your mouth it's helpful to know if it's sickly sweet or fruity, plain or strong .... thanks
grumble finished now!

Julieal
915 posts
Not a grumble -It is good to know what people are looking for in a review as no point if the information is not there and easy to add if you are aware .
trudijoy
8375 posts
i agree for lipbalm but not so much for lipstick - i don't think i could say that my lipsticks have a flavour. I'll notice if it feels gross on my mouth but not a taste per se as I don't really lick my lips if I have lipstick on.

So I think it's fair to expect it for things that are meant to come in flavours, but not for lipstick, personally. Scent, yes. Flavour - not so much
Kimrose
1418 posts
I know I love the L'Oreal colour riche lipsticks, they have a particular lovely scent but no real flavour.  The Revlon balms have a distinctive peppermint scent but again I cant really get an actual flavour.
Macs
5351 posts
Most of my lipsticks have no flavour. Only Lime Crime , the new ones have Vanilla cupcake scent but not flavour. Oh yes there is one I remember now is Karen Murrel True Love has a Cinnamon taste and scent. 

Lip Balms yes definately flavour there. Only one I really liked is the EOS Blueberry . Tried a few. 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Both of the Karen Murrell lipsticks that I own have the same strong orange & cinnamon scent, which I find very off-putting.  I have a Dr Hauschka Novum lipstick that smells strongly of cloves (and I can't stand cloves), and two Revlon Balm Stain crayons that both smell like peppermint (they contain methol), but none of these lipsticks or stains actually taste like anything.

I do have two Glamourflage lip balms, one is chocolate scented and the other cherry scented.  The chocolate one tastes very bitter if I lick my lips, while the cherry scented one tastes a bit like a sucker / lollipop.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
What were you wanting to try Sophia? Some of the members here might have tried it.

I'd have to look at my reviews to see what I say. I think I only comment on things like flavor if it's distinctive or out of the ordinary. But I'm not sure.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I can see what you mean, some lip products have a distinct taste or flavour for example the EOS balms and some lipsticks can have a nice scent while others are quite horrible. If you don't like a product that tastes or has flavour/scent of vanilla then it is good to know before spending money on a product that you know you wouldn't wear.

I try to put scents or flavours into my reviews, however in my earlier reviews I may have missed this off oops. 
tabucutie
1811 posts
Fair enough comment. I'd like to think from memory that I have listed scent and taste if any though I am not quite sure now. Definitely something I will make sure to add to my reviews in the future. I only notice taste really with lipbalms, not for lipsticks. I have two EOS ones at the moment, mint and honeydew. But they smell like they should, they the honeydew doesn't have a nice aftertaste.
MissQT
1547 posts
I always try to mention the shades I have and also the scent. But I dont often comment on flavour for lipstick and lip balms. It's an interesting thought as it's actually not something I consider when buying those products and also when reading reviews. 
Sophia
203 posts
Yes, probably scent is more relevant for lipsticks in most cases. As far as I'm concerned, if it's on my face and near my mouth I want it to taste and smell of very little at all!
I was interested in the Nivea lip butter thingys in the tin. I'll try one of the plain ones and see what it's like. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!