Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Iso nails - longer and stronger than ever!

17 posts, 7 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
I'll probably have jinxed it and will break them now but my nails are currently super long and strong, and have been growing out right through iso.

I'd have thought that all the hand washing would weaken them so i wonder what's going on there!?  Anyone else found this?

Pic on the wall bc i'm loving the way they look atm :D
tabucutie
1811 posts
My nails are worse than they have been all year. Not really sure why, they still grow a decent amount but are a bit peely so i'm keeping mine short at the moment. Love the nail pic, gorgeous!
trudijoy
8375 posts
thanks!  Yeah mine usually get to a nice ish length then i break a couple and end up cutting them all back.  The polish is a $3.60 Essence one, believe it or not!
shazatron101
5112 posts
Mine are meh at the moment (nails) but i did get a lovely nail parcel in the mail today :-D will pop a picture on the wall soon, i just finished making 70 odd dumplings and my feet need to rest hahahaha
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
My nails randomly grow crazy well but some are shaped weird. Never been a big nail polish person cause I'm lazy. Went through a stage of using those Jamberry press on ones which are cool. Are the Essense ones good? Might check them out
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Yours look nice! Hmmmm mine keep breaking so are all different lengths, I need to cut them. Lol Shaz that's a lot of dumplings! 
trudijoy
8375 posts
DUMPLINGS!  i love dumplings.

Jackie no press ons here, those are my actual, grew from my fingers, nails :) 
shazatron101
5112 posts
They were oh so good as well /drool (i only cooked about 20, the rest are freezing for another day)
trudijoy
8375 posts
Idk how we go from nails to dumplings but I'm SO here for it.

in 2013 on a trip to Japan my homestay asked if there was anything I wanted to learn, so I asked them to teach me to make gyouza (Japanese pork and chive dumplings). I loooove making them, and when I made them at home I also managed a successful mushroom filling and a kinda samosa filling. Very tasty  
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Lol yum. I've never had dumplings and now I want them! 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I usually have a bag of the 'leannes kitchen' ones in the freezer. They're really cheap and pretty tasty.i cook them in the Japanese way - sesame oil, fry them a bit, add water, cover and steam until the waters gone and the dumplings have developed a slight crust, then serve with a soy based dipping sauce 
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Never had dumplings either (other than the stew and dumplings kind). I always find it amusing how there are foods that are the same word but so different (biscuit for example).

As for my nails, no change either way here.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Crystal when the markets are up and going again you should try Akemi's Gyoza... they're amazing. Most of the Japanese places do gyoza dumplings and they're really simple but delicious :) 
Kat555
143 posts
Beautiful nails! Mine are still recovering from me picking off gels... whoops!
Oh I love making dumplings too, and I freeze them too. Makes such an easy meal if you can't be bothered going to a lot of trouble. I make pork, cabbage and ginger ones. They are the favs of our family anyway. I get the wrappers from the asian food warehouse and also dried Shitake mushrooms to add to them. Oh and you're right about the sesame oil. It is an absolute must. Soo yum. Makes me want some now! I bought 3 packets of wrappers the other day so ended up making 150 dumplings. Pretty tiring but so handy once you've made them.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Lol I found some low carb dumpling recipes. I will give them a go later in the week!
tabucutie
1811 posts
Love dumplings! There is a local restaurant near me that does them, will need to get some as I have a bit of a craving for them with all the dumpling chat!
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Bhahaha well we managed to successfully turn a nail thread into another food chat!  Now everybody wants dumplings lmao

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!