Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

4 posts, 4 members
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Happy Easter everyone :)

I've been looking into IPL, but got a couple questions for anyone who has tried it:

- some people say it hurts, is this true? and how does light hurt?
- does it gives results that are worth the investment?

Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Hiya
I have never been to a clinic but have The Remington IPL and it has been the best investment ever. It was about $800 but there was a deal at the time, can't remember what I paid in the end. Anyway I use it on armpits and lady garden lol. I would love to use it on my legs but they are tattooed and you can't use it over tattoos.  I have great results and have places hair has not grown back at all and the rest is very sparse, it's so good. It hurts more in some areas, armpits especially, but is bearable.  It feels like a short, sharp sting.  Just like everything you need to keep on top of doing it, this one is every 2 weeks.  
Sophia
203 posts
There is a really good article about it on Already Pretty, I learned a lot. Will see if I can find it.
I want to try it too but the price puts me off.

Edit... Here it is.
https://www.alreadypretty.com/truth-laser-hair-removal/ 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I have just had IPL treatment on my face, not for hair removal but to treat bleeding capillaries (little veins) on the sides of my nose and under my ear. 

Yes, this kind of IPL does hurt. The first two zaps were okay, after that the sting intensified and by the seventh zap in that area, my eyes were streaming and it was very sensitive and sore! The treatment was done an hour ago, so the area is still red and it feels like a bad sunburn.  There’s no blistering but there is a small bruise and I can also smell burnt hair as she accidentally caught one of my nose hairs during the treatment, so that provided a little laugh mid-watery eyes and stinging. 

I have have a follow-up appointment in four weeks time for any additional treatment that may need to be done, as some veins require more than one IPL session. 

I know hair removal IPL might be slightly different but I just wanted to add my current experience here for anyone who might end up searching the site for skin related IPL, instead of creating a separate new thread. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!