Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

In shower ponderings ...

14 posts, 13 members
RamblingRose
1280 posts
After reading the current article on the home page about "in shower" products, a line in there got me thinking ... Do you wash your hair before or after you wash your bod and why?

Personally, I prefer to wash my hair first (and I wash my face while the shampoo is lathered up on my hair), then rinse of the shampoo and tie my hair up in a twisty turban-type towel before washing my body (I don't use conditioner - my hair is far too oily for that).  This way, my hair is mostly towel dry by the time I step out the shower and is ready to be combed.  Plus, I don't have to try rinse hair off my body after having already washed it, as I always wash my body last.  

If I'm using an exfolator, I do that first, before washing my hair, so that it rinses off while my hair's being washed.  We're on a water tank, so multi-tasking and saving water in-shower is a must.

I know everyone's in-shower routines are different ... the article made me curious.

itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I shampoo my hair, shave, rinse my hair out, condition, wash my body and then another rinse. When I exfoliate it just fits in wherever.
shazatron101
5112 posts
I find peoples routines so interesting! On a day where I shampoo (Saturdays) I shampoo and leave that while I wash my face. Rinse both. Add conditioner and push the water away or turn it off while I shave my pits and legs, and then I go back under the water and wash my body/rinse conditioner. 
Days I don't shampoo or condition its just straight in with the face wash then body wash, and if I'm doing a scrub I do that first :D
Rajvee2588
221 posts
I shampoo my hair, apply body product, rinse off hair,conditioner, wash the face,clean the body.

i like your routine silvene. It is watersaving routine. I would like to adopt some of tasks
Macs
5351 posts
Oh interesting thread. First I shampoo , Condition my hair. Sometimes I'll put a hair mask on. I'll cleanse my face. Wash my body with shower gel. Body scrub my feet and body at least once a fortnight during winter less in summer.  Then rinse out hair mask or any remaining conditioner one last time. If I had a in shower body conditioner il use that last. Been lazy shaving my legs in winter :0 If its summer its fortnightly.
MissQT
1547 posts
I shampoo first and rinse out, then I conditioner and step away from the direct stream of the shower. While I leave the conditioner in my hair I soap, exfoliate (I do this once or twice a week), shave, then cleanse. And finally rinse the conditioner out. If I'm using a hair mask I rinse in my conditioner first then apply the mask, then proceed to soap etc.
MissQT
1547 posts
I shampoo first and rinse out, then I conditioner and step away from the direct stream of the shower. While I leave the conditioner in my hair I soap, exfoliate (I do this once or twice a week), shave, then cleanse. And finally rinse the conditioner out. If I'm using a hair mask I rinse in my conditioner first then apply the mask, then proceed to soap etc.
tannygirl
3392 posts
  I used to wash my hair like that Silvene. When I was living in a house that oddly had a decent sized screen window just oposite the shower and it was an open shower. I guess it was good to make sure the bathroom got a chance to dry however it would get cold and drafty in the bathroom. Since we were in Asia it wasn't considered necessary to have a hot water heater in the shower, despite during the cooler season it got pretty cold and you didn't really want to have a cold shower but didn't have any other option. I would dread having to wash my hair so the easiest way to deal with that was to flip my hair over my head, thankfully the shower had a hose that could come off the wall and wash my hair whilst keeping my body dry. Then I would wrap my hair up in a towel and wash my body and face last.
   My current order is if I'm going wash my hair I shampoo my hair as soon as I get in the shower, then rinse and apply conditioner. The reason is to give the conditioner time to soak into my strands. I then scrub my heels with a pumice, scrub my body with a shower net thingy, if I am going to use a body scrub I use it now and then rinse out the conditioner, lastly I wash my face with a gel cleanser. As soon I'm rinsed off and turn off the water I pat my face dry and apply my gel toner, deoderant and body moisturizer. Then I haul my stuff back to my bedroom and do my skincare there. 
Rezee
1964 posts
I don't like to have long showers so I try to do things as efficiently as possible. If I'm washing my hair I do that first and put conditioner in but don't rinse until after I've washed myself so the conditioner gets a chance to stay in my hair. I then cleanse my face, exfoliate if needed and wash my body. I think all up I would spend 5 minutes or less if I'm not washing my hair in the shower.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I lovvvveeee long showers and I have a routine lol
First thing I do is wash myself, I then shampoo my hair and leave the conditioner in, as that's working it's magic in my hair I will shave if I need to or I will wash my face. After I will rinse the conditioner out of my hair and then re wash myself. If the kids are behavior g them self I usually spend 10 mins standing under the water purely to enjoy 'a shower without the kids'
Dii
16 posts
I love long showers, especially in this chilly weather , I love to stand around soaking in the warmth .
I shampoo, (shave if I am shaving ) then wash up,cleanse, condition, wash my face.
Though , I have been meaning to do the shampooing and conditioning first and leave the cleansing to the end after reading an article about how it was better to shampoo and condition hair and rinse them off first , then cleanse yourself, stating that the residue from the shampoo/conditioning might not be cleaned completely if left to the last part. And that could cause  breakouts on your back.
Di
xx
Kimrose
1415 posts
I love my time in the shower.  On hair wash days {every 2nd day} I wash my hair first, then rinse and condition.  While that is working I will then shave, scrub and then wash my body.Before I wash the conditioner out, I will wash my face then rinse my hair.  Sometimes I will do an in shower moisturise, but usually I will moisturise once I am out of the shower.
chelseaadelaide
703 posts
I always do my oil cleanse first to remove makeup, followed by hair so that any masks/conditioners have time to soak in. Body is next and I try to cleanse last as I read somewhere that you end up with a lot of shampoo etc on your face which could cause acne. 
Artemis
311 posts
Nice nails, Silvene!

personally I only wash hair fortnightly as it gets too frizzy to manage otherwise. So I shampoo, put a conditioning mask on it, then leave the mask on for a bit while I wash myself, spend way too long enjoying the warmth of the water and daydreaming about creative projects, then I rinse my mask off the hair. And that's it.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!