Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Important Hair Care Trials

52 posts, 13 members
First Lady
957 posts
Hey,

If you're on one of our hair care trials, please check your emails for an important message - your response is required for the trial to proceed.

If you're on a hair care trial and haven't received an email, please email [email protected] and let us know so we can resend.

Thanks
Nat x
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Thanks, Nat. I've just emailed you as I haven't received anything. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Same. No email, so have sent one. 
First Lady
957 posts
Hey Soozie,

I received your earlier email, but not the one about the Trial (seriously what is going on in cyberspace tonight?!) but I've resent your Trial Update as a reminder.  It might land in your spam!

Love Nat xox
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Mine was in my spam :-)
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yeah mine was in spam - thanks for the suggestion via email that it might be there Nat. 

SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Finally found it in the junk folder when I looked using a browser. The ipad email app doesn't like showing what's in the junk folder. 
tabucutie
1811 posts
Did see the email yesterday, hopefully recorded answer correctly. I'm still keen to participate. 
MareeB
5241 posts
I've been at work for 24 hours and only just turned my computer on, so I hope I'm still in time.
tabucutie
1811 posts
Hey Maree, flick them an email directly [email protected]
Macs
5351 posts
I just replied tonight for that. I'm going to pass on that trial . Only because I'm working on the closing date :(
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I find it odd that there are already reviews for the hair care trials and mine hasn't even arrived lol anyway I can't wait to try it!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Oh that drives me crazy Lisa, I don't feel that you can do a proper review based on a day or two of usage, not with hair stuff! 

mine aren't here yet either, hopefully tomorrow!
Emily-jane
314 posts
I saw this too. I haven't received mine yet either. I might have to use in my daughter hair aswell to see how it goes. Definitely need to use a few times to fairly review.
AboutFace
412 posts
Don't have mine either, don't know whether we could get an extension by a couple of days to give an accurate review. I don't feel comfortable reviewing just after one or two uses.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I mentioned to Nat via email that I wasn't comfortable basing a review off a couple of uses, so my plan was to write the review based off the first couple of uses and then go back in a week or two to add in an update.  She was cool with that, so that's my plan.

That means i can fulfil my obligations in the time frame (I don't think they can extend the deadline on this one through factors out of their control, probably that the brands need the reviews or something?) but feel okay that I can update it later and ensure it's my accurate opinion. 
Emily-jane
314 posts
That's a good idea Trudi,. Mine still hasn't arrived today so I will probably only be able to use once before reviewing on Sunday.
trudijoy
8375 posts
yeah i'm really hoping that mine arrive today, so that i can get in a few washes before sunday (i wash my hair most days, but I want to have a 'no wash day' with this new range to test it.)
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Got my trial yesterday. So glad because I was ready for a hair wash.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Mine arrived this arvo! I'm ready to wash lol.
AboutFace
412 posts
Yay received mine today as well.
MareeB
5241 posts
I got mine today and have tried them already :)
tabucutie
1811 posts
Received today and have had first use this evening. I'm going for 3 washes for initial review but will update with further use.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I just used mine so will get at least 3 washes in also :-)
trudijoy
8375 posts
mine got delivered while i was in the shower this morning, so tomorrow will be the first time I use it.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Super handy getting the reminder email about the trial deadline. Washed my hair once more then wrote my reviews this morning.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I spray dyed my hair pink and purple this morning so we will see what the trial range makes of that lol 
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
Oooo would love to see that if you get a pic!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Me? There's one on the wall :) 
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
I ordered a pink wig and purple wig online. Just a $20 one cause always wanted to try pink hair but hate my real hair and not willing to fork out big bucks for good quality wig.

Got a really nice blonde wig being specially made for me. Never been blonde so should be fun
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
What sprays are you using? Does it make your hair feel tacky at all? Looks amazing 
trudijoy
8375 posts
L'Oreal Colourista  (hot pink)and  Sephora one day hair colour (holographic purple).

nah not tacky, but I did brush out the hairspray stiffness. It transfers like mad so I can't touch my hair again until I wash it, lol. 
Kimrose
1416 posts
Trudi, do they just wash out or are they semi permanent? 
Looks like fun
trudijoy
8375 posts
They wash out Kim (although this is the first time I've used the hot pink and it seems to be a bit more stain-y so will let you know tomorrow lol).
MareeB
5241 posts
That looks awesome Trudi! I wish I was game enough to try it.....
MareeB
5241 posts
Aw Jackie if that's you in your pic, then your hair looks lovely!
trudijoy
8375 posts
3 shampoos and two conditions and one deep condition later my hair has stained pastel pink. I'm here for it, actually!!! :D 
trudijoy
8375 posts
They have pastel shades too maree, you could start with dipped tips or a streak? 
MissDilly
229 posts
Nak colour mask conditioners are awesome for temporary colour without the spray on mess. Now I'm a light auburn/ silver mix my hair loves the coloured conditioners.  I really love rose gold/vintage rose colours and they definitely wash out after a few weeks but condition your hair as well. De Lorenzo do the colour shampoos too - which I also love. Both completely wash out over a few weeks of usual shampooing. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
That sounds awesome MissDilly - unfortunately with the pretty colours I am weekends and holidays only due to work (imagine turning up to present to the teachers at a prestigious private school with pink hair while representing a global company ....) but might be worth looking into for the summer. I have to patch test everything; I reacted to the Schwarzkopf colouring shampoos that were in a vault a while back. 

the sprays are kinda messy though! 
MissDilly
229 posts
My skin and hair reacted to L'Oréal and Schwarzkopf spray colours - the first being the root cover colour, I also can't use purple shampoos any longer -  hence I had to do some research for colour masks rather than semi's. The rose golds and pastels in the Nak range are definitely very subtle and more a tint than colour. I wouldn't get away with bold and bright in my job either - even with more zoom meetings ....there's no blur/soften options that could ease bold pink hair haha 
MissDilly
229 posts
Your pink/purple ombré looks very awesome by the way .... you look fantastic! 
trudijoy
8375 posts
It's tricky navigating the chemical minefield hey! 

the bold colours gone now but the pink stained so I have a pastel pink tint atm lol. 

I dont want to do it too often and risk developing more of a reaction but glad to know I have options! 

where do you get nak in NZ? I've only ever got it in Aus 

trudijoy
8375 posts
And thanks! Pink and purples def my fave colour family 
Kimrose
1416 posts
Keep me posted Trudi. 
I think the rose gold cocolour sounds lovely Miss Dilly 
MissDilly
229 posts
Hair Products Online (were/are Hairplus also I think) sell Nak and De Lorenzo (I'm terrible at linking websites in the forum - so won't try) - they're Christchurch based. I order from them quite a bit and they're really good. Nak conditioners I love because they're not full on colour but they add a tint to make my hair different without the colouring complications, but also are just a really good conditioner  :) 
MareeB
5241 posts
AAAHHH Missdilly can you use the De Lorenzo colour shampoos on stark white hair like mine????
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Hair looks great Trudi.

Another product I'd recommend is the silver white toners. They do a purple and a rose and can be mixed into shampoo and conditioner or used alone.
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
Thanks Maree, that is me but I'm wearing a wig :)
MissDilly
229 posts
@MareeB  I'm not stark white - but definitely have plenty of white and they go a really light pastel pink with the shampoo and conditioner together.... very subtle though - not the rose golds you see on platinum blondes ....

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!