Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

If you won the lottery, what would be the first beauty product you would buy?

35 posts, 19 members
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I have no idea why this random thought popped in my head but for shizzles and giggles I thought it would be fun to ask in here.

Soooooo..........if you won the lottery, what would be the first beauty product you would buy? Could be high end or a cheaper brand, either way I'm interested.

For me, not even sure if it is classed as a beauty product exactly, but I've been wanting a nice foot spa that has bubbles that I can put Lush bath bombs or essential oils in it.

trudijoy
8375 posts
i think i'd just buy a Mecca Maxima and be done with it :p

or the Chantecaille Magnolia, Jasmine and Lily emulsion I fell in love with but am NOT paying $175 for a face cream lol
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
He he he Trudi :-) Yes I would love to purchase one too - all those Soap and Glory products eek.

You wouldn't pay $175 even if you won a substantial amount from the lottery? lol
trudijoy
8375 posts
oh if i won enough that $175 was pocket change, sure. but until then..... :/
Julieal
915 posts
If it was enough I would have a neck lift
Macs
5351 posts
It would be Christian Louboutin Lip oil or Lipstick its been on my wish list from the first day I saw it. I fell in love with it at first sight lol
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Id get me a full set of YSL lipsticks, like those insane rotating display stand full of lipsticks kind of thing you see on youtube. Or I'd go get the marc jacobs foundation that I love but don't want to shell out for.
MareeB
5241 posts
I'd be buying Estee Lauder and Elizabeth Arden everything!
VickieM
18 posts
Probably a boob lift, I've just turned 50 and they sure could do with some help.  Note that it would be done here and not some dodgy country overseas.

However, more realistically, a really nice set of make-up brushes, not sure what brand, as to date I've never been in the market to research the best of the best.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
A Tom Ford perfume. The only way I could ever justify a $350+ perfume is if I won big on lotto. 

Incidentally, I've been asked so often lately what perfume I'm wearing and I'm just using Lush's Rose Jam body spray. I've even had a stranger tell me I smell nice lol. 
MareeB
5241 posts
Oh Vickie you're a card - from boobs to brushes heeheehee I love it!
MareeB
5241 posts
Goodness me Soozie - what does a $350.00 perfume smell like? I'd say stick with the Rose Jam - sounds like it's workin' for ya sista!
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Probably the Stila glitter eyeshadow I've been eyeing up.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Omg same worldofsooziewong lol. I was wearing the Lush Rose Jam body spray and I was at Noel Leeming. The lady there said I smelt really nice and I told her what it was. Blank look on her face as she didn't seem to know what Lush was (my heart was breaking lol) and she said I smelt like Christmas he he he. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Oh my gosh Maree, Tom Ford perfumes are to die for! (Especially at those prices). They're not like most perfumes around these days. They're complex and almost old fashioned - they remind me of being a little kid and sniffing all the perfumes on your mum's dressing table. I like old fashioned floral scents. I can't stand all the sickly sweet celeb perfumes that are everywhere these days. 
MareeB
5241 posts
That sounds divine soozie. If I ever see a tester (is there likely to be a tester?) I'll have a good old spray :)
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Maree, there's a whole collection of perfumes, not just one. Yes there are testers but the girls on the David Jones counter are a bit snooty. I'm pretty sure they can't afford to buy a bottle either!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Agreed soozie, DJs staff are never that friendly :/
MareeB
5241 posts
Funny - oh well, I'm never near a David Jones store so I'll probably never know. Or is that a sign I need to spend some time in Auckland????? 
siouxsannah
261 posts
Oooh, I'd buy the Urban Decay Naked3 Eyeshadow palette. I've wanted it for ages but $91 seems like too much!

Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Oh yes a Tom ford perfume! I got some deluxe samples of Santal blush which smells like sandalwood and flowers and I have wanted it for so long. But it's just so expensive and I dont' have a good enough excuse.
Sophia
203 posts
Good question MunchkinMum, I hadn't thought of this in my dream where I win Lotto!
I'd buy all the MAC paint pots I wanted, and the EA lash drama mascara that was on offer a few Vaults ago. Then I'd probably start on perfumes. 1 for every day of the week!
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Actually, had another re-think - I would hire a MUA to show me how to do a blimmin winged eyeliner once and for all. Oh and to show me how to contour and conceal properly. You'd think being an adult I would have mastered this but I was kind of late to the old makeup scene he he he.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Maree, David Jones are only in Wellington at the moment but have just announced they are opening in Auckland. That's another reason why I love Mecca, Trudi. The girls in there are never snooty and I've never seen them look down on anyone. They just can't help you enough. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
Probably an entire set of Wayne Goss brushes since I want them so bad but I can't justify the price. I do like Trudi's idea of an entire Mecca Maxima, everything in one go!
trudijoy
8375 posts
haha tannygirl i'll have a BR discount at my Mecca Maxima :p

SO TRUE soozie, even when you tell them you're window shopping or there for freebies they're still just as lovely <3
ree_nz
247 posts
Glam Glow! Everyone used to rave about this but there is no way I am shelling out $100 for a small pottle. Though if I won lotto, I would totally spend that to give this cult product a shot!
tannygirl
3392 posts
  Trudi, if you had a BR discount, I'd definitely buy from your Mecca. Discounts are non-existant at Mecca.
g1ggles2
358 posts
I would totally buy one of those Electrical brush washer and dryers - you the know the ones that you just connect it to your make-up brush and it swishs it around in the glass bowl and then spins it dry afterwards in a matter of seconds?

Yup I want THAT!
trudijoy
8375 posts
they had a decent sale after xmas tannygirl but year, it's not that common! sad :(
shazatron101
5112 posts
i'd buy a new bed, because beauty sleep is a real thing ;-P
followed by an entirely new bathroom
and then i'd pay my neighbor to cut down her heinous tree that blocks my view as squinting gives you wrinkles and we don't want that :-D
tabucutie
1811 posts
Such an interesting thread to read. My first thought is the YSL Black Opium Floral Shock. I think it retails for about$200 but i don't have the money to just but it. I have thought about putting it on a card but I am trying to restrain myself.
BeautyGirl
162 posts
I'd buy all the real technique brushes :D
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
I dunno if they are still in existence on ebay but would def be Kat Von D's Mi Vida Loca.  That pallete gets my heart beating faster and slower at the same time.  But $200-$400 just ain't gunna happen.
fairyfluff
19 posts
La mer skincare and tom ford lipstick

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!