Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

I think Christmas just started!

34 posts, 9 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
My beauty advent calendar arrived :D

It smells amazing, and I'm dying to rip in, but i won't even open the tissue paper until the last night of november to get the first package ready.

These make december so much fun!
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Mine arrived yesterday morning, and I’m not opening the tissue paper either (too much temptation otherwise).  I’ve hidden my box ... out of sight, out of mind! 
MissDilly
229 posts
I'm still tempted but I just have so much product to get through without a calendar  #1stworldproblems ..... I'd better make my mind up quick or live through your calendar pics - please post photos!!! x
trudijoy
8375 posts
I won't do dailies on the photo wall but will to both my IG accts (@_truditravels  is my public one), but I'll put a few collage posts up 
tannygirl
3392 posts
I always love seeing what people get in advent calanders. 
Lisaanne
72 posts
Christmas started in our house last weekend when I put up the tree! 

SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Yay, I'm not sure if I'll be putting my tree up this year due to major repairs that are supposed to being started on my house. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
i'm in two minds about when i decorate - i'm away for two weeks in december so i feel like startingnow is appropriate :D  Not the full tree yet but the fairy lights and things, sure.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Personally, I think that anytime of year is appropriate for fairy lights! 

I tend to be away for Xmas every second year so I just have pink glitter folding tree those years so there's still some form of decoration. The years I do put the 'real' (artificial) tree up I buy one special decoration to add to it. I also have some lovely ones that students have made for me over the years which are really special to me. 
Susilia
484 posts
I was on the fence about getting this calendar myself, but I’ve been getting it in the past 3 years, it would be weird not getting it this year, even though for the first time ever I got other beauty advent calendars, but they’re not NZ made(I like supporting NZ brands and businesses) and I know what’s inside them, so half the fun is gone.
Plus, I’ve just found out I’ll be spending Christmas by myself, so I deserve it, right? Right? I think I’m just gonna get one before it sells out.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Susilia, I think you just talked yourself into it lol. 
Susilia
484 posts
I know, I’m so bad(good) at justifying things, lol! :D 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Lol, I'm like that with all the Xmas gift packs at Mecca. "Oh they're such good value that I won't need to buy anything next year". Yeah, right!
RamblingRose
1280 posts
My Christmas tree will being going up on 1st December (or maybe 30th November, after I finish work for the day).  I have to put it up on the weekend, so that hubby can help decorate the tree.

@Tannygirl and @MissDilly, I'll be posting daily unboxing pics of the Advent Calendar on Facebook and Instagram :)

Pics will be posted in the evening, so that I don't spoil the surprise for anyone else.  I've already uploaded pics of this year's box (outside, inside and the little message from Beautiful Surprises) into an album called Advent Calendar 2019 on FB.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas ... I don't know about everyone else, but the Pohutukawa trees in my garden have started to bloom already!
trudijoy
8375 posts
soozie, i have a lot of fairy lights! I have solar ones, wall ones, tree ones, some in a jar and i think there's some others there too lol.

Susilia i won mine last year and while i didn't love everything in it i think it's more realistic to think 'i get a treat every day and if i like even half of them then I win!'  with something like this. But of course winning them makes it even better haha.  My sister in law started the original company (new owner now) so i've been privy to a lot of the selection processes etc, interesting stuff.

I share mine after lunch usually, on my IG stories, just a personal site but because I feel a connection to the company i like to take lovely pics they can share if they wish to. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
btw soozie i still need to have a proper shop of mecca xmas stuff!  I've had awesome xmas packs from Benefit before but usually i just pick up a few things because i have the advent calendar, then shop the sales hehe
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I'm just working out when I can make my first order lol. I could wait for the sales but then there's certain things I don't want to miss out on. I'm looking forward to the advent calendar photos since I havent got one this year. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Sorry, did I say first order. Lol. That should be NEXT order! 
trudijoy
8375 posts
lol first order my backside ;) 

you'll def see my posts at least three times haha - FB, and 2 x Instas.  Also i know you'll bug me for photos before i officially post them when you're bored too :p
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
First order this week maybe lol. 

I think I get as much excitement from seeing other people's pics as I would from actually opening it myself!
trudijoy
8375 posts
i've not made an order this month from Mecca!  Maybe 4 in store purchases, but no orders ;)

Ah you know my pics will come, and they'll be hella cute as per :p  My travel insta has a 2018 folder from last years one if you want a refresh
Susilia
484 posts
Yeah, winning it would’ve been great! :D
Last year was the first year I’ve had quite a few items I wasn’t that into, but at the end of the day it was a lot of fun opening them and a lot of work goes into wrapping them all up etc, it’s not just the products that we pay for, so was all good in the end. Plus, the ownership change so late in the year must have made a hectic few months for the new owner too, I’m sure! 

My top 3 least favourite items from last year were: the loose tea(got those every year though, so I’m prepared for another one), chocolate cookie(seemed a filler item, should have been just included in the box on top as a snack, like in a previous year we’ve had some popcorn just put in there), foot scrub packet(giant salt pieces)

Top 3 favourites: my candle was the best scent ever: coconut and raisins, was so sweet and I love everything coconut scented, evolu face oil, because I love a good face oil, and the shampoo bar with rosemary.

Which items were your favourite/least favourite if I may ask? 
I’m sure we’re all different in what we like/don’t like, so my favourite might have been your most hated and vice versa, would love to hear your thoughts on it! :) 
Susilia
484 posts
I was big on mecca Christmas stuff last year, but didn’t pick anything up this year and I’m so glad I’m not that into these releases this year and I’m sure my bank account would agree too! :D 

trudijoy
8375 posts
i gave similar feedback about the food/tea - just think it's not a beauty product or something i find luxurious, personally.  Although on cookie day i had to fly to whanganui, run a conference and fly home so they kept me going lol.

My faves were:

- candle!  I'm a massive candle fan and got the same scent as you, LOVED it
- the 'Anything is possible' pouch, which i use to keep jewellery in while travelling
- the strawberry cream perfume - i bought some more off her as well i loved it so much
- the tote
- the Panda Eyes cleanser
- the Evolu oil

Least faves were:

- the peach smoothie body scrub - i found it really hard, which sucked bc i was really excited
- the charcoal cleansing bar broke me out SO BAD.  And made a mess of my shower. 
- didn't use the shampoo bar, hated the scent and didn't want it near my face

Haven't used the bath tea or foot scrub - really should
Susilia
484 posts
Oh, I love that cream perfume, so yummy! Still have half left as I just don’t want to finish it! :)
The tote was shredding too much for me sadly, I agree with those peach scrubs though, they are so hard and I’m in the shower trying to melt them on my body to scrub, but it just stays in one piece and scratching my skin. :/ Still have half a packet.
Funnily enough, I’ve received 2 more packets of those from a box subscription, so yayy, put them up on trademe, I think they went for like a dollar or 2, including those foot scrubs and bath leaves, I forgot about those leaves, I didn’t have anything to put them in to use and didn’t wanna make a mess of my bath. 
Oh, I realised I didn’t use that face bar yet, but my skin isn’t that sensitive, maybe I’ll be fine with it or use it on my shoulders. :) 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yeah hessian (?) often sheds. I use it for small top up grocery shops and the checkout ladies often comment on it :)
trudijoy
8375 posts
If you're not already following them on social check it out - she's been posting little brand reveals :)
MissDilly
229 posts
I just ordered my calendar! How could I not after all the posts! Merry Xmas - to me... but I will still IG stalk too! xx
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yay! Sabeena takes such care putting them together - beautiful presentation 
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I’ve held out on the calendar front so far...but there’s still time.

I nabbed a little tree at the warehouse last weekend that’s apartment size friendly which will go up on Dec 1st/2nd. Also decorating the family home that weekend which tends to look like Santa’s Village once we’ve finished, so will probably post some very Christmasy post on my blog Instagram rather than beauty ones for once. But we’ll see, the calendar is tempting. 
tabucutie
1811 posts
I got the box last year and the top 2 items that come to mind are the Evolu oil and Passionfruit Lipscrub.

Least favourite item:That peach scrub, charcoal bar.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Totally caved today and bought special Christmas items from Mecca and the body shop lol

Also caving and starting to decorate today  : D
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I just watched my first xmas special (Maree, the first three seasons of Stella are expiring in 2 weeks so get it quick!). Sounds like I'll be putting up my Xmas tree this year after all but will wait until December to make sure. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!