Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

I need a bit of extra loves today

61 posts, 42 members
RC
162 posts
I was going to post this last night but I chickened out. And now I've woken up to face the day; and I really, really need some love and good vibes sent my way. I love BR, and I feel safe here, so if any of you have some positive energies to spare, please wish them my way today.

I was made redundant yesterday, out of the blue, and got told IN FRONT OF THE ENTIRE COMPANY. Cue tears (damn you project pan non- waterproof mascara!)

Now I have to go in today, with my head held high, and tidy up my beloved job which I have given so much too. The pitying stares from those who are staying, and the sad faces of those who have to leave and have kids and mortgages. I'm the office mother duck, and I just don't have energy to spare for the others.

And to think, when yesterday started, my biggest frustration was missing out on the Beauty Box, it looked waaaay better than Decembers (loved your unboxing video Kellie, you crack me up!) I am a lucky girl if my greatest peeve is missing the Beauty Box. Then BAM! Life upside down.

So please, share silly jokes, share your own bad day, or just comment with a good vibe thought. I'm feeling very fragile.
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
Oh dude I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm sending you massive good vibes today - you can do this. I'm not very good at making people feel better and this is the only joke I remember. Hopefully it's terribleness makes you smile x

Why did the girl fall off the swing?
Because she has no arms 

I hope today isn't as hard for you as you expect it to be x
shanellealarna
101 posts
Really sorry to hear you are going through this. I don't have any words of wisdom for you (which I'm sure you don't want to hear anyway), but sending you lots of happy thoughts and positive vibes. XXX
1139 posts
Sorry to hear this :( try and keep your head up as best you can, but make sure you have a good cry at home if you need to. My thoughts are with you xx
Mila
1209 posts
Oh no :( sending positive vibes and virtual hugs your way :). 

Being made redundant is a horrible feeling, I hope the day the week/month gets better for you. 

jessickaxnz - that made me laugh :)

Qweenkaren
313 posts
Unexpected change is very tough. When you feel a bit overwhelmed try to think of your eyebrows... They are amazing, I hope my eyebrows look more like yours. Sometimes focusing on the little things can help you get through. 
If you feel mad, imagine the mean corporate people as a hair you have to zap with the IPL. 

And breathe.
shazatron101
5112 posts
That s-u-c-k-s! I know what it's like to be made redundant, it's not a nice feeling. You have all of us at BR backing you today, and every other day, and I am sending you all the hugs, flowers, chocolate, Garnier Micellar Water and waterproof mascara I have in my imaginary arsenal (would probably send if I had your address, too). (You can't post hugs D:  ) Jess, I laughed waaaaaay too hard at that joke. I'm pretty sure I snorted. 
Geo
31 posts
Oh no, sorry to hear that!  I don't have any good advice or anything, apart from to look at kitten pictures because that is always helpful... but I will post some words of wisdom from king of the man bun, Ryan Hurst: "The struggle is a blessing".  This has been pretty motivating for me lately and it might help you too :)
chikoboo
3402 posts
Awww that's horrible :( sending you as many positive vibes and good thoughts as I can *sprinkles with glitter*  Hope something turns up for you soon xx
Macs
5351 posts
This morning I droppped my kids off at school. Then came back home to do my washing. I grabbed my Beauty Box and started trying to make different looks, fail after fail lol. Then I thought a good cuppa joe and custard cream bikkies will go down well. Came on here and saw your post. Thinking of what I should do in terms of employment and Study. I had a bit of family issues that knocked me back from doing my admin course. Luckily I didn't do it my boys still at kindy and still needs me. Turns five in August. Sorry for rambling on,  I hope things get better for u. I did shed a little tear reading your post. Like they say when one door closes another door opens, and if it doesn't smack that door down lol. 
-Bex-
611 posts
I so so sorry to hear this. Sending you good vibes. I hope something turns up for you soon and just remember sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. Sorry I really have no advice 

I know when one door closes another door opens...but man these hallways are a b*tch

you will get through it lovely x
Jesse
745 posts
I'm really sorry to hear that, redundancy is awful :( It sucks when all you want to do is ball but you're at work trying to hold it together. I'm at home sick today with a swollen jaw, but sending some codeine-induced warm happy thoughts your way! Hopefully this is just a minor setback and leads to an exciting new career endeavour for you.
Jesse
745 posts
I'm really sorry to hear that, redundancy is awful :( It sucks when all you want to do is ball but you're at work trying to hold it together. I'm at home sick today with a swollen jaw, but sending some codeine-induced warm happy thoughts your way! Hopefully this is just a minor setback and leads to an exciting new career endeavour for you.
trudijoy
8375 posts
So sorry to hear of whats happened (and how it happened - that's so unfair!) but I bet when the dust settles you'll end up in a new job that you love even more with more respectful and appreciative management xx

In life I find that whenever something like this happens it clears a path for something good to find you :)
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Aw hunny. Whoever told you that in front of everyone needs to have your butt placed in front of their face, AFTER you had a big feed of baked beans, then let off a big stinky fart in their face!!!

Then turn, wink, walk away and sit down with a bottle of wine, block of whittakers chocolate and BR at your fingertips.

Sending you lots of sparkly glitter of love and hugs
ladythorn
108 posts
What the hell?  I am so sorry to hear that happened to you. Sending you soooo many snuggles & hugs. Hope your day gets better xx
Rania-alani90
106 posts
I am so sorry to hear that! But you know what, things like this happen so that other doors will become wide open for you! Don't worry sweetheart..

Please send me your address :) I will send you something special x
Sylvia
149 posts
Oh my gosh, that's so horrible for you. :( Big hugs! I have no real words of wisdom, but here is something that never fails to make me smile when I'm feeling awful - it may only work for a few seconds, but that's still worth something: happiness. Stay strong! xxx
Ksjc_nz
370 posts
That really sucks, even moreso that you were told in front of people :/ I wish I knew a way to show you the rainbow butterfly uni kitty my friend photo shopped last night, but if you've seen the one doing the rounds lately, it's even cuter than that one.

sending all the best vibes your way that your new adventure makes itself clear soon xx
MrsO
196 posts
Really sorry to hear about your redundancy. It's such a horrible word as well. It happened to me, and I can honestly say it was for the best, because I picked myself up, got back out there and found another job which turned out to be so much better for me in the end, and stayed there for six years until I had my first child. Hope you get lots of hugs as well as all the virtual ones from the gorgeous BR members here. x
ragingfrog
1289 posts
They told you infront of everyone? This is a private meeting before hand situation. Dropping a "bomb" like that infront of everyone is disrespectful and obviously the person(s) have no intelligence or emotional quotent.
Have they given you a notice period? assistance on job hunting? the right to abuse the printer and copier with cv's? raiding the stationary cupboard for supplies before you go?
You will get past this and you will be fine.

2 jokes for you
In a Catholic school cafeteria, a nun places a note in front of a pile of apples, "Only take one. God is watching." Further down the line is a pile of cookies. A little boy makes his own note, "Take all you want. God is watching the apples."

Teacher: "Kids,what does the chicken give you?"
Student: "Meat!"
Teacher: "Very good! Now what does the pig give you?"
Student: "Bacon!"
Teacher: "Great! And what does the fat cow give you?"
Student: "Homework!"

Some thoughts for pondering
[color=black]- Win as though you were used to it, and lose as if you like it. Isabella Stewart Gardner[/color]
- Somedays you just have to create your own sunshine.
- Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten. G.K. Chesterton

EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I let some people in a pharmacy talk me into buying a $30 lipstick from a brand I have never heard of... Why? Why?
trudijoy
8375 posts
WMUA is it at least pretty?
pumau
121 posts
I'm sorry to hear that. It took me 7months to get an interview for a job, 8 months to get a job. I wouldn't even know what to do if I lost it and I havent even had it for long. I hope all goes well. I suggest you start looking asap as winter is a very harsh month employment wise. We're all here for you, we'll suggest good movies or comfort foods, anything in the mean time.
good luck
x
littleparadise
178 posts
Hope you feel better soon love, and find another job quick smart that you really love xx
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
It's nice but the formula is meh and I feel like I have other colours like it ;^; Of course I wanted the ONLY one without a tester ugh.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Review and regift, maybe?
kaajal
27 posts
Think of it as a sign that there are bigger and better things on the way for you! Will be thinking of you and wish you all the best with whatever happens, keep your head held high!! xx
severest
44 posts
Sorry to hear you've had such a rough time - as they say "every cloud has a silver lining" so fingers and toes crossed something amazing pops up for you!
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
sending heaps of hugs xx
RC
162 posts
Thank you all so much. You've all shared so many kind things and lovely sayings. I did try to check back on the page through the day, but always began tearing up, so I'm reading them now that I'm home. 

I can hand over heart say that I am so, so, so glad to be able to leave this horrible company. I have mastered the art of resisting the urge to punch someone in the face when they say, "How are you doing?" or "Are you okay?". But then what are they gonna do, fire me hahaha?

Now I just need to get through to Wednesday (D-Day) and I will probably feel a million times better. I'm also moving house this weekend, so have that to deal with to!

Thank you all, I love this place xxx It is my happy place right now!
MareeB
5244 posts
Oh RC thats horrible news!! I hope it's a blessing in disguise and takes towards an awesome future beyond your wildest dreams - I'm a big believer tht the universe kicks your a**e sometimes to make you get moving and follow your dreams :) Many many blessings to you xx
MareeB
5244 posts
Oh ragingfrog  - I love your jokes :)
MareeB
5244 posts
Oh RC - those are all signs of renewal, I just feel like you have this mastered, and stuff the horrible company, good riddance!!!! Good times ahead my girl, great and wonderful times ahead :)
Sending you a massive virtual hug and loads of positive energy. xo
Julieal
915 posts
The Company was really cruel telling you that way so it doesn't say much for them at all.You just put a smile on your face and get out there and get something with a much nicer Company.I feel for you as I was made redundant a few years ago but the Company at least handled it discreetly. You show them what you are made of. Very best wishes
pintsize
1072 posts
What an awful thing you have had happen, not the best approach either!
But I love the saying 'as one door closes another opens', say goodbye to the negative and look forward to brighter days and new things coming your way.  You have a lot of love and support right here.
Hugs to you and keep on smiling... it will grate on them too if they see you happy :)
Rezee
1964 posts
What a freaking awful thing to happen and to be told in front of everyone too.
I hope you can look back on this time and think of it as the best thing that happened to you. Hope some new doors open for you soon.
charly
456 posts
Telling you in front of everyone was a horrible thing to do! In situations like this I like to believe in karma. 
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Wow! Moving house as well? The universe certainly wants to test your resilience this week!

I'm a big believer in things happening for a reason, which is so cliche and of no comfort to you whatsoever, but I can guarantee you will look back on this as being a stepping stone, well, it sounds like you've already started this part!

Sending you big hugs!

My heart stopping moment of the day - I realised that a photo I had posted to BR's FB page yesterday (to show my love for a BRBB product) flaunts a good bit of my bra. Goodbye dignity.
1139 posts
haha oops, Sarah! The question is did you leave it and embrace it or did you delete it? ;)
trudijoy
8375 posts
Elena the other question for Sarah is whether it waa a nice bra :p
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Hahaha. You guys. I was like ooookay so everyone has already seen it, my dignity is gone, deleting it won't erase this, so I just left it. Also just incase BR decide to hand out random points, lol. 

And it was most certainly not a pretty bra Trudi, haha, there's me trying to be obliviously seductive with my nude bra peeking through. All the boys. In my yard.
1139 posts
I hate it when I notice I'm accidentally flashing a bit of a nude coloured bra. If people are going to see it, I want it to at least be a nice one hahaha
trudijoy
8375 posts
Bugger!
RC
162 posts
Bahahaha Sarah your last post made me crack up and accidentally sprayed Bailey out my nose. Now my iPad is sticky and everything smells really nice. 

You guys are the best, this thread has truely helped me keep myself together. Thank you all xxx
Lutece
1849 posts
Oh darlin, that doesnt sound good at all! I am seding you the biggest hugs right now, you have such a beautiful smile!
I will try my best to send you good & great vibes!

Sarah I hope BR gives you a cut of the profit, since we saw a bit of your bra the sales will be through the roof!

RC I hope the week gets better for you, I saw that Phoenix cosmetics is looking for workers all over NZ if your interested, you have this wonderful vibe and such a lovely attitude, it might be your calling :) They are advertising on their facebook page if you want to have a look.

Thinking of you hun <3 xxx
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Haha. My bra aims to please x 

Aww man, you have baileys (or your ipad has baileys o_0)?! I haven't had that stuff in the longest time *drools* 
ragingfrog
1289 posts
RC, have a look at the Kenexa employment awards, companies don't get to be finalists for no reason. Otherwise have a chat with some of the employment agencies about good places to work.

Also speak with a lawyer maybe through citizens advice, the more I think about it the more I feel what the bosses have done was humiliation. Get some legal advice on it, you don't have to sue them if you don't want to.

** edited to make sure compliance with forum rules.
SandieNZ
424 posts
Aww chick, that is shite!!  What a horrible thing to have to go through.  Everyone here has given you such great advice I'm not sure there's anything else I can add, but keep your chin up hun and walk out of there feeling proud that you are an amazing woman and you are moving on to bigger and better things xx

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!