Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

I know it’s winter when ...

20 posts, 13 members
RamblingRose
1280 posts
... I have to stand in the shower and use the hair trimming attachment on my Braun Epil 7 to shave my legs, as my leg hair is so long I can’t wax, epilate, or shave with a disposable razor! 

What beauty or skincare routines do you battle with, or neglect doing during winter?
tannygirl
3392 posts
    My toenails. Aside from sleeping and showering I never am without my socks so painting them is pointless and every year I get chillblains and frostbite and so I don't want nail polish remover to touch the very sensitive skin.
tannygirl
3392 posts
     I also don't enjoy washing my hair during winter since the bathroom is freezing cold. I can't use super hot water on my hair without drying it out. And then there's those times when there was warm water when you checked before showering but the alas, two minutes after you got in the shower the warm water is all gone and you have to choose between scalding hot water to wash yourself and hair or icy cold water or sometimes there's no hot water at all and you still have to rinse and condtion your hair and wash your body.
tannygirl
3392 posts
    You're reluctant to spend any more time in the cold, unheated bathroom than necessary. So I need to remind myself to use a body scrub twice a week and I feel like I've accomplished something when I've finished and my hair is clean or my body is all scrubbed and smooth.
MareeB
5241 posts
I feel the same way! it's a quick trip through the shower in the mornings.
shazatron101
5112 posts
usually its just moisturizer... i tend to not enjoy doing it after a shower. but i luckily have a heater in my bathroom so it ain't so bad and i just get on with it.

non beauty related, i know its winter when i get out of bed and i have built in diamond cutters within seconds hahahahahahahaha
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
The only thing that gets neglected is shaving my legs for sure. Bhahaha built in diamond cutters omg Shaz I choked on my drink!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Me too, Lisa lol. Beautiful Shazism there! I tan less often and shave my legs half as much but other than that not toooooo different. I’m always delighted that I work from home when it’s freezing af and I can stay in bed/the shower that bit longer. I have much longer showers in winter
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
when you love having a shower but really don't want to have one because you know it will be super cold once you turn off the shower, and the cold instantly hits you like an ice cube thrown at your face lol.
Sophia
203 posts
Hair removal definitely gets left too long!
And if I don't epilate my legs in 2 months or so, the pain surprises me to the point where I often can't get it all done in one sitting.  
Macs
5351 posts
My most neglected is shaving my legs. 
Sophia
203 posts
Does anyone have a different dressing routine for winter?  Hopefully I'm not the only one.

I discovered that instead of stripping off and getting into my clothes, I can undress and dress the bottom half first while I'm still warm on top, then I'll dress the top half once my rump has been covered.
This is one of the crazy things that happens in a cold house!!

MareeB
5241 posts
I live in Otago  - I can dress at the speed of The Flash lol
Helibabi
101 posts
winters hard huh!? 
Usually know it's in full swing when my lips are sore and dry and my hands are dry and cracked. But yay we have passed matariki so are on the other side of it now. 
Totally agree on the bolt from the shower to get dressed after.. so cold! 
tabucutie
1811 posts
I hardly shave my legs. There's no point i'm wearing pants all the time. I don't moisturise which I know I should but it's just to cold. I don't wash my hair as much. I don't like getting out of the shower.
shazatron101
5112 posts
lmao Maree if you were the flash i'd watch your tv show. that'd be so awesome. i can imagine watching you run around Gloriavale now... :-P

lmao i feel a bit weird, seeing all you ladies talking about your showering habits in winter... here i am leaving all the doors and windows open so the room doesn't get too damp while i'm in there hahahaha O_o
MareeB
5241 posts
Lol we can design our own show around that Shaz!
Sophia
203 posts
bumping this back to the top to remind us of our winter skincare duties!

It was this thread that reminded me to footbalm my heels that are still inside socks but getting drier, and to do some epilation while in the shower so those jungle vines don't start creeping out of my jeans when I'm not looking!!
Julieal
915 posts
Yes I can identify with long hot showers but quick dry and dress after and washing hair in winter is not fun.

SmileyPisces
253 posts
Yes... hotter showers during winter... and sometimes you still feel the water is still not hot enough.. my poor hair and skin... hahaha...

One thing i tend to neglect during the winter is slapping on those face masks.. because the sheet masks feel icy cold on your face... I’m trying very hard to use my wash off masks during the cooler months.... but sometimes i feel so lazy during the winter...  just want to cuddle up somewhere cosy. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!