Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

I got the urge...

55 posts, 20 members
shazatron101
5112 posts
The urge to SPLURGE!! I'm having serious withdrawls. I haven't bought anything online for a few weeks (give or take a few days) and I'm going crazy. How do you fight the urge to buy things?! 
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
...just buy the things! Na haha, do you have something you're saving for? That's what's helping me these days, remembering why I don't want to flitter away my cash on any old thing. If all else fails, step away from the internet and go play with your worms lol
kirstyj
1732 posts
Whats been working for me is asking myself whether buying that works towards my bigger goals. Eg travelling paying off my mortgage etc. If it doesn't at least I double check rather than just going for it... sometimes though I just splurge all the same eg the scentsy stuff I bought last night :P
shazatron101
5112 posts
I'm 'saving' for some eye brushes and the bon bon palette but you try telling THAT to my brain. and lol, I was earlier! I'll try remember what I'm saving for haha thank you lovely x
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Yassss think of that gorgeous Bon Bon's palette! But Kirsty is right lol sometimes a gal just needs to splurge on something awesome, like worm outfits etc.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Oh that is a nice way to look at it Kirsty! Do like. Even though I could easily justify anything lmfao. And Sarah! Worm outfits!! Oh I wish. How cute would it be! They'd probably wiggle out of them though and then I wouldnt know which outfit belonged to who XD
kirstyj
1732 posts
Lol worm outfits! Is that like a pink onesie? I feel like it would be extra comfy but really hard to get out of to go to the toilet :P
MareeB
5239 posts
Mmmm, well, I just splurge. Even tho I said I wouldn't! no more lush, ok? no more Lush....
Kimrose
1412 posts
We are in the process of signing up for an apartment, in auckland so that is huge dollars so that is incentive enough for me to shop only for absolute necessary items. Lucky I work in a pharmacy. ..
Macs
5351 posts
You could splurge on something that won't break the bank. Im telling myself the same thing lol Maree
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I have good and bad days. The other day I was being so good I had to convince myself to buy a $5 lipstick. Other days, I walk out the door with several non-essential purchases. I find not shopping online easier because I don't like shopping online.
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I look at what I have and shop the stash. I recognise that I have heaps of stuff and other than shampoo and conditioner I don't need to buy anything as I have so much to use up. I currently have a goal for a new wardrobe so I really need to save some coinage for it, current estimate from my brother is about 3,000 with him doing the labour and what model I pick.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Haha Kirsty I have a pink onesie! Not for worms though. And it has a butt flap so I'm all good when it comes to needing to use the toilet! 

Hahah Maree you're terrible! But I love it. What is your collection like now?

Oooooh Kim yeah I bet in Auckland it would be mega bucks!! Does it have a nice view?

Ah Macs yes but when I splurge I go big or go home, whats the point otherwise ;-)

clearascrystal ahhh well. I really only shop online, I wish I had access to all the stores I go to! I'd be less inclined to buy I think. I also know my visa number off by heart so that also doesn't help ;-)

Ragingfrog I like the sound of a new wardrobe! I assume your brother is making/installing it, not a personal shopper at first thought lmfao. That's still really exciting. Pics when its done please!
astylecollector
204 posts
It's so hard to resist the urge! I did a bit of online shopping last night but I was quite restrained. I won a $50 makeup.co.nz voucher from a blog giveaway so I finally used that and added a bit extra on top then I finally did a Feelunique order for the First Aid Beauty kit. I had more in my cart but I didn't them so off they went.

One of my goals this year is to not buy too much. It's hard coming from a shopaholic like me but I want to use the products I already have and stop hoarding. I'll try to avoid shops but Kmart is my weakness though!
Pifithrin
1243 posts
Can you transfer the money to an account you can't touch?

I too go for the 'think about what you would rather have' option.
Kimrose
1412 posts
Shaz, we will see the sky tower (the top haha) and city lights...so could be nice and romantic, sitting on the deck having a wine and gazing at the night sky or city lights..hehe
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Wow Shaz knowing your visa number off by heart is quite a skill.
pintsize
1072 posts
Naw Shaz I feel your pain :p
I too have been trying to resist the spend... I failed... Miserabley! But one spend done now I will try to behave O_o
Stay strong for your goals (or spluge! what ever makes you feel happiest) :D
shazatron101
5112 posts
Oh Kim that sounds lovely! I don't think I could live there though (In the city or just Auckland in general) far too noisy for my ears.

Hahahah Pintsize you are naughty! I saw what you bought today ;-) (so proud)

Hahahah clearascrystal I only memorized it because I was like "if a monkey can learn and remember 12 numbers then so can I" haha. 
pintsize
1072 posts
Heehee Thanks Shaz xx 
Ah yes the Hubby hates it that I know the card number by heart... means he can't stop the online shopping even if he wanted to ;)
I have always had a knack with numbers and details and used to remember clients details such as address/phone number and such as soon as they would walk through the door :D
Not so good with remembering where I put things however :/ lol

shazatron101
5112 posts
Haha its easy when the first 8 numbers on every card are the same. I could almost remember fiances and easily start using his to spend bahahahaha :P (I wouldn't though, he would be so furious lmfao)
Macs
5351 posts
Kim I love the city lights at night. When I went to Jupiters in the GC it was lit up with many stories high. There was a balcony that looked over city and sea views. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
.....and I gave in to it! Lol. I could totally justify it today though. No regrets. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hhaha good on ya Soozie. This unicorn wants her horn but eh. Nothing else is appealing to me and there's bugger all in the sales so I'm not that interested (who has possessed this body!??) I do want to smell Prince Charming though but I don't really want to buy a huge bottle and find out I hate it!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Actually it was the flamingo I wanted the most. I still have some of last years Prince Charming. It's nice but I'd rather try one of the new ones. I've requested a sample of one lol. 
Macs
5351 posts
My eyes on Prince Charming? What fragrance family is this scent soozie? I think you can get away with this one soozie. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Macs, I would say sweet floral. You know, the scents that you like lol. Not as sickly as Snow Fairy, more burnt sugar with geranium undertones. I know Trudijoy likes this one too so maybe she has a different take on it?
Macs
5351 posts
Guess what Im not a huge fan of snow fairy. Never thought I would say that ever. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Macs, me neither. Waay too sweet although I like Big Candy Mountain. Give me Rose Jam any day. 
AmandaJane
1147 posts
Sorry had to do this...

Hah ;)
Macs
5351 posts
I tried using it 5 times and now it belongs to my daughter . I wanna find my scent soozie hopefully prince charming or comforter. 
Maree This Lush obsession isnt helping me lol
MareeB
5239 posts
Nor me Macs,  but my bedroom and hallway smell divine I have to say....
Kimrose
1412 posts
Macs, we went to the GC and loved it! The hotel we stayed at was close to Jupiter's and we saw the lights over the city, truly amazing.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Prince Charming is softer and more rounded than snow fairy. i'm looking forward to getting it this year. rose jam is too smokey for me... prince charming kinda falls between the two quite nicely
Macs
5351 posts
That sounds nice. I either make a cart or get these pallettes.
MareeB
5239 posts
So far I've only used the samples - I haven't even opened the gift boxes, they're too pretty!
Macs
5351 posts
I opened all my boxes. My bathroom has never smelled this good before. My favourite part of the day Lush shower and new pjs.
Rezee
1964 posts
It's funny how we all interpret scents, I personally don't find rose jam smoky?  I really need to get to a lush store to smell prince charming, or actually I shpuld stay away, I now have so much lush shower gel!Macs,  get one palette and one lush gel, best of both worlds!
Rezee
1964 posts
I opened my boxes straight away! I have to admit to buying the butterbear and deer sets just for the tins lol. I'm not even a bath person but the butterbears smell incredible so I'm going to be making myself have a bath to try it out.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I had to open mine straight away too, but I've kept all the paper! I kinda wished I'd not opened them and then just opened one occasionally when I need a boost but......I just couldn't wait and needed to get to that goodness!

Rezee those tins are lovely, I don't blame you! I have a lovely tin from last year but unfortunately some of the moisture leached out of the Lush stuff I stored in it (products I bought in store so they were in the paper bags not plastic) So just watch out for that but the stuff in gift boxes is usually wrapped in plastic. I now save those little silica packets and put them in my Lush boxes. 
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
I always have the urge to splurge, and like most Lush has been a money pit for me this month. I had three carts going today for online makeup shopping and I just had to walk away from the computer. I need to just stop and buy things that i really want. Im now making a wishlist. Once an item has been on the list for over a month then i can purchase it. That should put a end to be pointless shopping
tannygirl
3392 posts
For me it's just focusing on something big or some big goal that I'm saving up for. Like when I was saving up for my Foreo Luna it cost me over $250 it took several months of saving so what I did was just focus on how much I wanted it. When I was tempted with buying other things online I would go read reviews on it and watch videos of people using it and reminding myself of how badly I wanted it. I worked when I started doing that for a month then at the end of that month I had it. I did the same when I wanted the Hourglass Edit Palette. This year I
want a really cool weight set so I'll probably do the same. Just need to find out if I can get it shipped here from overseas first.

MareeB
5239 posts
I went shopping today and only bought health foods and plants. I deserve a medal :)
Macs
5351 posts
I had a doctors appointment today. I went to the warehouse to get me and my son a drink. I walked past the beauty aisle without stopping. I can't believe it maree. Normally I would be there for hours. I think the deadline to get to my appointment stopped me lol.  

You did so well Maree.
MareeB
5239 posts
Hahaha Macs, if we keep this up the economy will crash!
Macs
5351 posts
I just finished splurging my savings on my birthday presents. Smashbox Double Exposure and Too Faced Chocolate Bar. I only intended on one but looked at the bar and smelled it and fell in love with it. 
Rezee
1964 posts
You'll love the choc bar, Macs. I don't think you can go wrong with owning that one. I was so stoked to win mine off youtube but I absolutely would have bought it myself!
Macs
5351 posts
I was telling Keri I would get Make Up Geek, but because this lady imports them and did me a good deal I couldnt resist it. I think the shipping put me off the idea. Probably will still get them if someone does a haul. The smell got me hooked.
Koni
444 posts
Ohhh that's always a tough one Shaz - I just think about the things that I REALLY want which normally has a bigger price tag than the piddly things I want to splurge on and then I manage to calm myself down and remove everything from my cart haha :-)
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hahah great tip Koni! I don't know if the Lush shower gels come under that - they're pretty darn expensive but then compared to something I want like the Bon Bons palette or these eye brushes I'm like... It's not really expensive. Luckily the unicorn horn is out of stock so no order today! ;-)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!