Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

How Was Your First Day Of Level 2

201 posts, 17 members
shazatron101
5112 posts
Haha i found out cos a farmers market i was going to go to was cancelled and i was like wtaf? And had a quick google. Then the emergency text scared the ass out of me twice hahaha so loud 
trudijoy
8375 posts
my day today started with a suprise bilingual presentation - a karakia tiimatanga, and introducing the keynote speaker at the online conference we're running today.  I'm wondering if the lockdown rules allow me to have a mid morning nap lol
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Auckland has gone mad today. Couldn't get out of my street there was so much traffic.
I'm working as an essential worker so hoping it won't go much past Friday.
Thoughts with everyone else in Auckland who is probably feeling a little stressed right now.
tabucutie
1811 posts
Ever since the announcement last night it's been hooning drivers. KFC, Texas Chicken and Carls J were all backed up. Today is car after car, supermarket queues. Was supposed to have a meet and greet with the company that's taking over our contract but it was cancelled. It will be work as per normal for my husband and I as essential workers. Atleast there won't be any traffic. Hope everyone is taking care where ever you are x
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I actually did a Countdown order yesterday online so am thankful I did because now all spaces are booked up for the next week! Omg people need to settle down.....we will see toilet paper madness 2.0 I bet.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Lisa yeah i thought that might happen. I'll book my next delivery soon-ish, I think I'm still high priority at Countdown. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
still plenty of slots for NW next week up here so i've nabbed a slot and started my order - i prefer to go NW with this because you can change your order up to 24 hours beforehand which is handy 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Yes that is handy! I have to do mine then book the rural courier to deliver it otherwise I can't get chilled, frozens or vegies if I do it through Countdowns delivery. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
What a rigmarole Lisa but worth it to be home safe
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
For sure, it's an hour an a half to the supermarket.  The courier is brilliant!
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I had to go to the supermarket last night and decided to stick with it even after the announcement. Luckily my supermarket wasn't too busy. 

Hadn't known you could change your order with New World but I tend to prefer there anyway.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yeah it costs you a dollar each time you change but it's only a dollar hold, it comes off your total when you pay. 
Kimrose
1419 posts
Work was super crazy for me today. There was a line of probably 250 people there before we opened at 8am. Crazy! Thankfully it did quieten down after 12. It was the usual purchases of toilet paper, masks and sanitizer.  Oh and the terrible female that thought it was ok to steal over 300$ worth of fragrance 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Wtf Kim a) who does that and b) why?!?!? 

yeah bet you were hectic today. 
Kimrose
1419 posts
Pretty sucky aye Trudi! We watched back on the cameras when it was a bit quieter, couldn't believe my eyes! We were so busy helping people with essential items and this happens. She comes in often so next time she comes in our guard will get her to pay for the things she "forgot" to pay for. 
MissDilly
229 posts
Yesterday afternoon I dropped the kids at their sports, did the usual supermarket trip before rounding them pack up.Got home -  'shoot - I forgot  toilet paper on the list..I'll get it tomorrow' was my thinking  haha ... This morning hubby got up early for a work call and I suggested a quick trip to the supermarket ...Grumpy Hubby:  'I can't believe I actually have to be part of the toilet paper crazies at 8am. I'm not buying flour. I'm not buying yeast. I'll buy wine' ... he was not amused, but he's my people haha.... The world we live in :)
MareeB
5244 posts
I'd just been shopping before the announcement was made. I went to work this morning and didn't notice anything. My son text and said Chch was crazy. I see people here in North Otago were complaining about other people panic buying and my boss said the cafe she goes to was way busier than usual.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I know what your thinking with the 'I'll go tomorrow" thinking. I had told myself that yesterday about a script I needed to fill and a blood test I had to have because my day got too busy. Now I just need to make sure I don't loose the paperwork.
MareeB
5244 posts
I hope all you ladies in Auckland are doing ok x
trudijoy
8375 posts
I like that wording Kim. 

I have no chill with selfish people atm, I swear to god. 

missdilly I put a 24 pack of TP in the shopping I got delivered tonight. I live alone but I don't trust ppl not to panic buy so that will tide me over for a bit!

im so so glad I got my injury seen to on Sunday so I'm not hobbling around making it worse. I have a virtual physio session on Friday which will be.... odd. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
And thanks maree. I was anxious up until Jacinda and Ashley sent us to L3. Ive put myself on L4 because I believe this will be 2-3 weeks not 2-3 days. Spent today rearranging my school visits and conferences, moving things online and doing that bilingual presentation I mentioned earlier. 

im trying to stay occupied, stay positive and remind myself that my bubble is safe, my job is secure, and I simply need to breathe and ride it out then re-rebuild 
tabucutie
1811 posts
I doubt it will be a couple of days lvl 3 lockdown and expect it to be longer.  In saying that,  back to watching the 6pm news at night again. 

Traffic surprisingly busy this morning on the motorway. Atleast I wasn't late for work. Win.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I agree. I think we will go to level 4 by Monday. We shall see. Thankfully my job is classed as essential this time as I lost my job last lockdown. I'm prepared, my man is at sea but I am all good :-)
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I've been looking at reusable masks because I have a feeling they will become mandatory - if you guys have brought them I'd be interested to know where from. And likewise I suspect it'll be at least at least 2 weeks we're at a higher alert for.
trudijoy
8375 posts
i actually think they'll go level 4 on saturday to stop people leaving
trudijoy
8375 posts
Crystal I got mine here.  I found the link in this really useful list collated by Little Yellow Bird who also make masks. 
MareeB
5244 posts
Work was busy planning for level 3 or level 4 today. Lots of people are quietly panicking. And some not-so-quietly ...
trudijoy
8375 posts
They come from Aus (unless you arent in AKL  and can go in store) and there's a shipping delay but I just got tempted into some of the cute cute cute masks Lovisa have atm 

they're simple, no filter ones but they do the job for right now 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Also those Lovisa ones are cheap if you are needing that as a feature x

Note that those aren't medical ones of course, but current advice is that anything covering your nose and mouth is a good idea 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Ive just been told the frost cloths the warehouse sell are made of the same material that masks use as filters lmao i hope its true at least
trudijoy
8375 posts
my anxiety levels are sky high today.  I think i'll be okay once the 5.30 announcement has happened. 

I reckon it'll be AKL Level 4, rest of North Island Level 3, South Island Level 2 next week at least, but i think we're looking at 2-3 weeks in lockdown.

I don't actually mind lockdown, especially while i'm injured and can't  do much anyway, but the anxiety doesn't like not knowing. 
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
Yes the announcement should be quite interesting. I am thankful to be in ChCh (for once) and really hope it stays in 3 for at least 1 more week as we've been frantically renovating our whole upstairs as the carpet goes in next Friday so I can move the kids up there and take their old room as my home office to start work on Monday 24th ! Fingers crossed the announcement isn't too bad for anyone ... I feel horrible for the businesses that just got back to normal too
siouxsannah
261 posts
I think you're right Trudi. Level 4 for Auckland, and Level 3 for the rest of the North Island sounds right to stop the spread. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Yes that's exactly what I'm thinking Trudi. At least you are safe at home in your bubble :-)
trudijoy
8375 posts
People will complain and I feel for the businesses etc as well.  But go hard, go early worked last time, and a week or two now vs a month or two like Victoria....... it's a necessary sacrifice, I think 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Definitely! People always complain no matter what but it's a no brainer really. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yup.  This may be life for the next little while.  We stamp it out aggressively when it appears but outside those times continue our relative freedom compared to the rest of the planet. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
13 new cases today, 2 in Tokoroa. 

shazatron101
5112 posts
Weee bring in level 4 again *heart eyes* i missed junk mail but i loved the quiet streets, and the quiet overall haha

Probably not a good thing to want to happen but meh
trudijoy
8375 posts
i hear you shaz.

It's all well and good for me, a childless professional in a secure work-from-home job with no money worries to say, but I feel safer at Level 4 and I prefer it. 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I'm in Auckland and had to shut down my business again on Wednesday.  Things were only just starting to get back to normal after the last lockdown (a third of my clients still hadn't returned).  Yes, it's rough, but lockdown does need to be done in order to stop the spread.  I wouldn't be surprised if we stay in lockdown (either level 3 or 4) for at least two weeks. 

Thankfully, during last lockdown I set up an online store, so I have that to keep me going, otherwise I'd be in trouble. Level 4 is a bit tougher as orders can still be processed, but cannot be couriered until we're back in level 3.  Hopefully, it doesn't come to that again, but it is what it is - we just have to deal with whatever happens. 

Last lockdown we were due to travel to Europe for a month long holiday ... That didn't happen,  we've had to cancel that entire trip.  We're due to go on a two week holiday / road trip (in NZ but outside of Auckland) in a few days time, all the accommodation was booked three weeks ago and our route planned ... I guess we'll find out later this afternoon if we have to cancel that holiday now, too!  

trudijoy
8375 posts
amazing what they can do these days - as it's Level 3 atm I just did my physio consult online, in a videoconference. The physio was absolutely awesome and i have a more concrete diagnosis than 'you've done something to your tendon'

Unfortunately i've probably torn my peroneal tendon and probably damaged a couple of ligaments, which is a 6-12 week rehab.

I am allowed to go without the moonboot for short burst though, so that's a win
trudijoy
8375 posts
12 days further at AKL L3 and the rest of the country level 2. 

and now we see what happens .

be sensible, Auckland 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I'm more than happy! Level 2 restrictions don't really affect my life much. Even my students didn't want to go into lockdown this time and would rather be at school. 
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
If we can stay at level 3 & 2 and get it under control I think that will be a great relief for a lot of people. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Agreed, crystal. Behaviours over the next week or so will determine our fate for this outbreak 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I think it's the best solution for both public health and the economy. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yeah. I do feel for the small business that this will be the nail in the business coffin, though. It's like Dr B says though - the virus is the problem, the virus is where our blame and anger should be directed 
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Definitely. I think the way we're all embracing masks is an optimistic sign people are willing to do what's needed to go back to normal.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yeah we know that go hard, go early, be kind and do the right thing' works 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!