Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

How Was Your First Day Of Level 2

201 posts, 17 members
shazatron101
5112 posts
Mmmm soozie after the hell day thursday i was going to make stew, forgot about it, youve just reminded me so its now on my food planner for next week so thank you. I freaking LOVE stew. Such a terrific comfort food. Like. Probably my forever food if i could only have one thing ever again. Y u m 
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Always sad commemorating the ones we've lost, but sounds like you and your mum are doing it with style.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yeah the wee traditions help...

nanas anniversary and dads are the same week, so that's never my fave week of the year. I do Chardonnay for nana (only ever drank it with her!) and chocolate cake for dad, the more decadent the better
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Trudi anniversaries can be hard, it's nice that you and your mum did that. I have what would have been bubs due date in a few weeks and I am dreading it :-(
Also yes I love your hair out like that! Do you have people comment on it?
trudijoy
8375 posts
First one is hard Lisa, do what you need to to mark this xx 

nah it was self filming a wee cameo chat for the social media for work, I was only out in public for my 2 hour, 10km walk (ie red faced, sweaty and in activewear)  not with my hair did and face on lol typical 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Thanks Trudi :-)
Lol oh true.  I got a good sweat on today, it was a beautiful day here. So many people out walking I had to keep crossing the road.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yeah I didn't even bother with the beaches etc today because I knew they'd be super peopley,  just walked the neighbourhood but went further than i have before. Am planning out tomorrow's now :) 
shazatron101
5112 posts
The first one is always the hardest lisa! Whatever you do will be an honor to her and itll help your heart too. Time certainly doesn't heal, and sometimes it doesn't even make it easier. It sucks.

I often find myself wondering if my first two would be anything like my current child, but she is my dream rainbow and i wouldnt trade her for the world, even when shes being a screaming brat hahahaha

Love your traditions Trudi. Very sweet. Plus who can say no to chocolate cake and wine anyway? Xx

JackieMackenzie
341 posts
I'm so sorry Lisa, I can't imagine xx
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Thanks ladies. I have had this date looming in the back of my head so I really just want it to hurry up. We will do something nice for her for sure xx
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yeah meaningful and appropriate traditions made a big difference for me in coming to terms with things. The first anniversary of dads passing was horrible because my idiot mind kept taking me back to things I'd rather permanently forget. It's def gotten less sharply painful in the years since but it will always hurt. 

I think that's the thing with grief.... you never really get over it, you just learn to co-exist with it and manage it so it isn't all consuming. xx

on another note, I made the most insanely delicious pinwheel scones today! I remembered your pic of the scroll bread Lisa but decided to make a half batch of savoury pinwheels instead. Used the Nadia Lim recipe, which has cheese and herbs in the dough as well as the filling, and also added some of my mum's  homemade courgette relish to the filling. SO good. I've just pre-made the next two nights dinner (macaroni cheese with bacon and onion) and so that will get baked tomorrow and reheated on Tuesday. Tonight is spaghetti bolognese and leftover apple crumble.

Thank god I'm doing so much exercise or I'd be rolling through level 2 lol
trudijoy
8375 posts
And shaz I'm sure the wee angel babies were special in their own ways as well; I often think about my older brother who died before I was born and whether he'd have been more like me or my little brother... we're very different people 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Yeah definitely Trudi. It is always interestimg to think of these things, i myself had an older sister but admittedly i dont think of her often, but i wonder what it wouldve been like to have a sister!

I read somewhere grief is like a lake. At first thats all that exists, everywhere is water. Then gradually, the shore, trees, the world, appears around the lake. 

sometimes you cant see it, sometimes you can. Sometimes you have to sit on the shore and paddle in the water, other times youre stranded in the middle and you cant see the shore anymore. Sometimes you take a friend with you cos you cant be there alone.

I really liked it :-) (sorry for the novel my gals!)

trudijoy
8375 posts
I like that too, it fits x 

shazatron101
5112 posts
Also Y U M pinwheels and mac n cheese!! I really wanna make cinnamon rolls but i dont need them hahahahaha maybe ill half the recipe and limit myself haha (no???)
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yeah I keep sampling the Mac and cheese lol. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hahahahahahahaha man i would too so no judgement here
trudijoy
8375 posts
Also I just went to tidy the kitchen, but ended up eating the leftover crumble instead and now I'm SUPER full 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Yum that sounds amazing Trudi! I made pork mince meatballs with konjac. It was nice. Just had an amazing long soak in the bath. I lit a million candles lol.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Mmmmm cinnamon rolls.....drool
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
You guys are amazing with your cooking, I'm too lazy. I tend to stick with the same sort of things week to week
trudijoy
8375 posts
Don't worry, Jackie, there are also phases where I live on  avocado toast and coffee lol
trudijoy
8375 posts
Jealous, Lisa! I want a bathtub, a dishwasher and a heat pump in my next place... after 5 years I'm now missing all three 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Lol yes my last place didn't have a bath so I definitely make the most of it now. My partner is going to put a spa in....yay :-) We have a dishwasher but for some reason I never use it. I love cooking Jackie! Even though it's just for me half the time I still go all out :-)
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Thoughts are with you.

Tonight, I was trying to be healthy with salad, but somehow some roast potatos snuck in there... But I've had a good weekend of walking (discovered Mt Hobson and the botanical gardens), so at least I'm walking off (I hope).
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Also agree on missing the dishwasher. I didn't realise what a wonderful thing it was till I had to wash every dish by hand. 
Kat555
143 posts
Oh Lisa, that's so hard. Those angel babies are so special. She is and will always be loved xx
tabucutie
1811 posts
That's a really beautiful description of grief shaz. Sums it up beautifully. 

Tried my own apple crumble thing. Didn't work out like I had hoped but I'll just have to try again lol.
Macs
5351 posts
I just stayed home with children and watched Anime . Been binge watching all this week. 

Friday I did my first salon visit with full face threading and facial. I haven't been brave enough to go to kmart yet.
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
When I lived alone it was half a tin on baked beans on toast one night and the other half the next night :)

Back to school today ....
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Lmao Jackie! Good old baked beans on toast. My partner is away a month at a time and he is on his way home in a few days. I eat keto/low carb and he eats all the carbs lol he hates veges and his food is often a lovely shade of brown lol. 
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Kmart looks insane Macs. The line outside was halfway down the mall. I don't think I'll be braving it for a while either.
trudijoy
8375 posts
i've never understood baked beans as a concept, they just don't work for me lol.

i made it to 11am before eating one of my lunch scones - the other will have to wait until after my lunch walk ;) 
trudijoy
8375 posts
i wonder how many of those lined up for the likes of Kmart and the Warehouse have gotten caught short with the change of seasons in iso and just need warmer clothing, heaters etc?

I placed a Kmart order on Tuesday and it arrived on Saturday, which - for $5 postage - I thought was pretty great tbh
MareeB
5244 posts
I still haven't gone into any stores other than New World. The thought of weird rules really does weird me out. I was standing in the queue at NW this morning and the checkout operater snapped at me to move back a bit (I was more than 1 mtr behind the person in front) and while she was saying it some staff walked past in a tight group chatting with no masks or anything on. I can't lie, I was seriously irritated. I really have no loyalty to these places any longer.
MareeB
5244 posts
I'm going to Dunedin in the next week or two and I'm saving my cash to do my spending there. Staff are more helpful and friendly in Farmers Dunedin, No 1 Shoe Warehouse, etc (rant over....)
trudijoy
8375 posts
Maree - isn't that because they're now in each others bubbles as they work together though?
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
That would have annoyed me a little too Maree

That's great timing for yoyou Kmart Order Trudi. I'm waiting on warehouse and Briscoes. Been 2 weeks and tracking doesnt even show it's passed pickup stage. Stoked about that Hoody coming soon too :)

Lisa I started Keto about 2 years ago and after 9 months I moved to being low carb. It's been great. No more baked beans and toast for me
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Kmart is awesome....my orders have been super quick and yes I love the $5 postage! Jackie I go off track sometimes lol like during lockdown when I was making yummy bread! But back on track now and feeling great. Have you made keto caramel slice? I made some in the weekend and it's so good!
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
There's no need for people to be rude to others Maree.....I would have told her to stick it and walked out lmao. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
yeah i've got a couple hanging around in limbo.... bit frustrating when they change status forward and then backwards again!

no idea when that hoody will arrive, and i wanna know how long the sale is on for but they haven't answered me in email or on FB, argh.

I used my airpoints over the weekend bc i'm paranoid they were somehow going to lose value so i got a box of Akarua wines this morning (just 3 bottles) hehe. 
tabucutie
1811 posts
Wow, that's a bit uncalled for especially if you were already following the rules Maree.

Courier deliver has definitely slowed down but i'm not too worried as long as it's been dispatched. Still waiting on confirmation has even been sent and it's been two weeks.

Don't like baked beans I can eat them but I choose not too lol.

Re cars: called mechanic today and they told me to see and auto electrician. Have got that booked for next week..thinking it's going to an expensive job *sigh* cars!

JackieMackenzie
341 posts
Lisa I haven't tried making  many treats as I tend to avoid the temptation of snacking etc. I have made keto bliss balls which are great and at Xmas did a really nice lemon cheesecake. Savoury wise I've made keto tortillas and pizza and scones. I have 99sec microwave bread every morning for breakfast and my indulgence is the healtheries sugar free milk choc
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I like to keep treats in the freezer, that way I can't just keep going and grabbing something from the cupboard lol. I always make lemon cheesecake, even my partner loves it! I also did a lemon meringue pie and pumpkin pie once lol. I love experimenting.
MareeB
5244 posts
I'm bringing you shopping with me next time Lisa lol. We were having a big chat at work about buying local this morning. The general consensus is that Oamaru is not a friendly place to shop. I hasten to add that The Warehouse staff are always really great tho. I think I need to start calling these places back with feedback from now on. Maybe their management don't actually know what customers think. The other thing is that loads of people have changed from NW to Countdown because NW don't do online shopping here. Gotta move with the times ...
MareeB
5244 posts
I'm not much of a cook (understatement) but the one thing I have done this week is make coconut yogurt - oh it is heavenlllllly!! not exactly cooking, but ya know...
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Stay safe my friends xx
shazatron101
5112 posts
I saw this! Wtaf!? Jinkies. Kinda saw it coming but still wtf
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Definitely a shock Shaz! I was turning big brother on and only saw the breaking news then!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Level 3 up here. I have so much to rearrange in the morning it's not even funny.

but I'm safe in my bubble and it's forced foot rest so deep breaths 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!