Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

How Was Your First Day Of Level 2

201 posts, 17 members
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
How was your first day of level 2? Did you check out a shop or join the lines waiting for a haircut?
...or were you just working as usual?
I was working today, but looking forward to going into a physical shop in the weekend.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Life as iso usual for me ... because of my medical conditions I'm delaying level 2 for a couple weeks. 

so my day was WFH (which is my usual anyway) which today involved a webinar, calls, invoices, training, promotion and marketing of new Psych and Maaori lessons, feedback on a Japanese unit, a meeting about distance education and some admin ( that's a quiet day lol). 

also walked 8km over two walks, made chicken salad, got a delivery and am now drinking a Waiheke rose and watching tv in the dark with candles lit.

i'm good with another couple weeks of iso so I feel safe heading back out there 
Susilia
484 posts
I've been very busy at work today, people really needed their hot pies and coffee, the place was pumping. We didn't expect to be this busy, so we were a bit understaffed for lunchtime, I can't feel my legs and my evening flew by so fast and I was just staring at my phone, oops.

Finally got the cheesy cauliflower macaroni in the oven, so a late dinner today and start all over again tomorrow, yayy!! :D 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I was working in hospitality so pretty much lost my job. So today was just another day.  I went to our local store, had to sign a registry and there were quite a few people out and about. Went on 2 walks cause it was a beautiful day.
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
Sounds like a bloody well deserved wine after a busy day Trudi.

I'm tired just thinking of your day too Susilia.

I was just doing the second last day of home schooling so nothing too taxing. Used the treadmill and watched some reality trash on Netflix (Blind Love) right up my alley
trudijoy
8375 posts
Lol Jackie you should have seen my schedule a couple weeks ago. Makes today look like a nap. 

yummmm cheesy cauliflowery goodness.

im 100 getting me a pizza tomorrow 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Lisa I hope the budget announcements today help you get your job back xx 
MissDilly
229 posts
I work in public sector and today the phrase of the day was 'moist breath zone' ..... by 4pm hearing that on repeat  I was done. I don't work Fridays so I'm embracing cuddling my kiddos while watching a movie in bed to start the day, getting my big kid a haircut to fix my crooked attempt (recruited hubby for that trip!) and forgetting all the crazy.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Absolute shit hahaha was going well until unwanted visitors fecked my day up and then to top it all off when i went to finish my errands the car broke down so i was effectively stranded with the poor kid who was a champ while mum had a mental breakdown over the phone and then while the man left work and then again when i got home

Bad language, my bad, too tired to sensor myself so forgive me, br goddesses 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Last day of working from home for me so made the most of that. Back to school tomorrow to start getting ready for Monday. We have a new timetable to get our heads around to minimise movement between classes (I'm in secondary). Went for a walk, caught up with my neighbour who went away for lockdown. I've no desire to go into a shop right now. I just seemed to have lost interest in shopping which is great! I'll still be doing click and collect from the supermarket as I love the convenience and no queues. 
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
So interesting to hear what different people's lives are like right now.

Trudi - I admire your walking and wish I was being that good. Work seems to be wiping me out at the moment.
Susilia - cauliflower and cheese, one of my faves, yum.
Jackie - sounds chill.
Lisa - all the best with your job.
Miss Dilly - we came across that video today at work, I couldn't stand listening to it once, let alone on repeat.
Shaz - hope your day improved
Soozie - all the best with school next week, I imagine it's going to be a strange time for schools.
AboutFace
412 posts
Back to work and it was busy, there were heaps of people out and about shopping.
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
Wow Shaz, you're quite right that is a shit day! Hope its a lot better today!

Good luck with the new school requirements for next week, it's gonna be weird. We were told no parents are allowed in the school apart from the new entrants. Seems crazy cause they'll all be in a massive bunch crowded round the gates at 3pm
shazatron101
5112 posts
Today is another day indeed, and I'm going to spend it by going for a walk to post some stuff, a sneaky trip to the fabric and dollar stores and then maybe ill swing by the duck pond.. not that i can be bothered just yet cos crickey its cold!
LucyAnnexx
29 posts
Nothing at all changed for me! I worked from home and did some painting :) 
I am back in the office from Monday so that will be a bit of a shock!
trudijoy
8375 posts
hope it's a good day shaz...

crystal i didn't walk that much for the first maybe two weeks of lockdown but needed to get away from the computer at the end of the day (and lunch breaks) so just started walking and now i'm loving it.

Today's already started out pretty good so hopefully that continues, and fingers x'd for another day of zero new cases of the virus!
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
I can imagine it would feel so odd going back into the office after all this time away from it. I unfortunately lost my job a few months ago after 24 years which I was devastated about
MareeB
5239 posts
Aw Shaz I hope your day is going better today!
MareeB
5239 posts
Best wishes to everyone going back to work. I imagine it feel very strange. I worked through so I was lucky.
tabucutie
1811 posts
Wow everyone is going through so much. Thoughts and best wishes with everyone at this transition phase.

It was another day at work for me. It was nice to see the bakery's and local chinese takeaways open, man I have missed my local food options. For some reason I thought I could just go to the warehouse as I needed to return an incorrect item. However, I didn't anticipate the huge queue outside the shop. Idiotically I thought it would just resume as usual with being able to walk in without waiting. Obviously I was incorrect so I turned around and left. I have no desire to wait in any queues so imagine I just won't go out for the shopping side of things.

On a side note, my husband works in the hospitality industry and has reduced hours, but it's not looking likely that he will be able to retain his job there. It's a stressful time, not particularly for me as I still have my job at this point. But one of those, because he is stressed i'm stressed ones.

Supposed to be going to Western Springs today to see the ducks and just be out. Husband is still sleeping, at this point in the day it's not looking likely though lol.
LucyAnnexx
29 posts
Aww Jackie that sucks! Hope you are doing ok <3 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
So my car which is normally fine not being used for weeks at a time when I go overseas, decided to pack a sad today! So just need to do a video call with my form class then off to the mechanics I go. Hopefully its just a quick computer reset as they can't fix it until next week otherwise. Not what I need with all the big changes happening at school on Monday.
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
Thanks Lucy, was pretty hard when I'd been there since 17 and loved the job. I have decided to be home with the kids for now and do some study (business related)
shazatron101
5112 posts
Thats what mine did soozie!!! The mazdas are out to get us!!! Lol i hope its a cheapish fix like ours hopefully is

Day definitely better today, sneaky fabric shop visit, dollar store for some fridge magnets for madam to play with and post office

Now having relish with cheese and tomato on crackers and honestly, I've been eating it on everything its so divine and i dislike relish! Peach, apricot and mango and hnnn homer simpson drool lol so yum
shazatron101
5112 posts
Oh tabu thats awful!! I hope you get to see the duckies, theyre my favorite park of the park hahaha

Ohhhh jackie that sucks! Sure theres a silver lining but still, very sucky!
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Sounds like a rough day for a few of you! I hope your weekend is better :-) I've just been doing yard work, mowed the lawns....ugh hate it lol. Now thinking what to do with the chicken breast I got out for tea.
AboutFace
412 posts
Hope things go better for you all xx
shazatron101
5112 posts
Stuff it!! Thats what ive done with ours hahaha delish
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I ended up cutting it up and crumbing it! Yummy crunchy morsels dipped in kewpie lol!
trudijoy
8375 posts
I did that two nights ago Lisa with chicken but I Japanese marinated it first (miso, soy, mirin, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, lime) 

jackie I'm so sorry to hear that x 

today ended up great for me, and maaaaannnnnn did I need a good week. I've just finished my second walk for the day and am awaiting my pizza :) 
shazatron101
5112 posts
YAAASSSS kewpie for the win!!
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
That sounds so good Trudi! Omg Shaz how did I not know about kewpie!  It's so good! Have you tried the siracha one? Wondering if it is really hot?
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Love how much we talk about food on here. No idea what I'm having for dinner tonight. Something simple for sure.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Haven't tried sriracha kewpie but the Karashi (mustard) ones  not bad! I get the half cal one. 

haha nothing wrong with a good kai chat :D 

ive just spent like 90 mins making 'Elsa ties'. I made a bunch for my 5yo niece a while back and her last one is about to fall apart. It's literally just varying lengths of ribbons in an array of pinks and purples tied on to hair ties so that the colours can be plaited into her hair but she absolutely loves them because apparently it makes her hair look like Elsa hair. Got a pleading video today and luckily had just enough materials to make her six more 
Kat555
143 posts
I wow ladies, I'm exhausted just reading about. I'm so sorry Jackie about your job. That must have and still must be really hard. I hope the right thing comes along for you when you're ready for it. 
It sounds like there have been a few challenges for some of you ladies. I hope things are on the up now. 
Oh Kewpie! I have some siracha kewpie. It's actually the best. Quite spicy but sooo good! Also there is a wasabi one which is also really good. Great with sushi. You should most definitely try it. MMMM Yum! Ooh is anyone going to Mecca for a trip on the weekend? So exciting!!
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I doubt I'll get much time. Would be interesting to know with being closed whether they'll have a sale for older stock or whether their stuff is constant enough that they don't have to.
JackieMackenzie
341 posts
Thanks for the kind words guys x

Trudi you sound like a great auntie!

Think I'll avoid shops for at least a few more days, may attempt a mall next friday if I'm brave. They might get worse next week with kids going back to school so mum's will have a little more time
tabucutie
1811 posts
Didn't make it to see the ducks, maybe we will try for Monday. 

Love the food chat! My fav local takeaway was open so I got that for dins last night.

Oh yes, cars! Have got work to do on ours and hopefully will be seeing a mechanic next week. I imagine they will be busy. 

Weekend plans, not much. Picked up an extra half day. I've caught up on household chores, would like to see my nieces and nephews.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I try ;) cute wee loves that they are, it's not hard to want to do things for them. 

im just preparing myself to go for a massive walk then I might spend part of the ar on in the kitchen and the rest reading or something :) 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I'm planning a nice big walk too, puppy dog keeps humping my leg lol so need to get rid of his pent up energy!
I'd like to make somesome sushi later if I can get a decent cauliflower (I use cauli for rice)
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Just having a nice chill morning scrolling insta and with some live DJ sets on in the background (this seems to be my weekends now lol). Definitely going for a walk later as I signed up for Relay for Life as you only have to do eight minutes around your own neighbourhood this year. Thought I might as well since I now go for a walk everyday now anyway. Of course I have some pesky marking to do as that seems to be a part of every Saturday now too. 

Mechanics are so busy that they probably won't even be able to look at my car until Monday. Shaz, this is the first time in seven years of being team Mazda than anything has gone wrong with it so I've done well I views. Cars do not like sitting around for too long. 

itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Went to the mall - definitely only want to go to the quieter shops.
trudijoy
8375 posts
#foodchat but I just made the most delicious meal. It was a honey soy chicken vege fried rice with a kick achieved by using peri peri cauli rice. 5 veges, kewpie mayo, chives , seaweed strips, and deliciously charred honey soy chicken pieces. I wanna eat it again already  lol
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Yum yum yum! That sounds so good! I did chicken and avocado sushi then made a a snack board with cheeses, cucumber, salami, olives, nuts, cherry tomatoes and pork crackling......nom nom.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
They both sound yum. I made a beef stew on the slow cooker and threw in all the leftover vege from this week. Think I must have had five or six different vege in it. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yeah your stew inspired the start of my recipe concept soozie! :) 

am craving Japanese curry atm so will have to get some curry blocks I think 
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
They all sound so healthy. I did a vege pie tonight based off a chicken pie recipe. I'm pretty sure a quarter of the pie was wine, but wine and veges sounded much more appealing than stock and veges :p
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Also Trudi, love the new pic, the hair looks striking.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Wine pie!

today's  the anniversary of losing my nana so  my mum and I jumped on the phone and had a 'half past foursies' toast to her that may have involved multiple wines 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Thank you crystal! 9.5 months in and I desperately need a trim haha. 

still loving the colour of the natural hair and still content to ride out the regrowth. 

the makeup is my first face in ages; I had to film something today for work and thought I might as well 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!