Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

How quick do you go through your products?

12 posts, 11 members
Susilia
484 posts
I was just tidying up my beauty products and to be honest, I was drowning underneath all the stuff I've got, we might have to move cities at the end of the year and I have tons of stuff.

I use foundation/bb cream daily, but those little 30ml tubes last forever, I have like 6 on the go, which I'm changing up and I have about 15 (or more) unopened from all the beauty boxes and big korean haul, I don't get goodieboxes anymore, but I still have a few memeboxes coming along my way.
How long does a tube of bb cream or foundation last for you, for example? Moisturizers? Why do I need 6 concealers and I don't even use concealers? I can't breath from my beauty products, but I still would like to use them up and not waste them, why do I have only one face??:D
ChristieMJ
358 posts
I feel this way too, I have faaaaaaar too many for one person! I have an entire set of drawers filled up plus a huge storage box I keep under the bed. I have around 25 foundations which is silly! I just love buying/trying new things I guess!

At the moment I've sorted most of my stuff so open/currently using stuff is in the drawers and then I've got heaps of unopened stuff that goes in my storage box for when I run out of something in my drawers. That way I'm hoping stuff will last longer!
chikoboo
3402 posts
Not quick enough, I've slowly developed a bit of a hoarding obsession with my make up products since joining BR I love ordering more and more and getting things in the post, as well as hitting the shops for a fix of all things pretty, sparkly and smelling good.  My bathroom and bedroom is chocked full, I brought a 3 drawer plastic thing from warehouse a couple of months ago thinking it would take a while to fill up, well one drawer is full of things for BRA RAOK and then another is just closing with memebox items, and the top one is full of primers, BB creams, foundations, concealers, etc..

I've actually made a request that when we go for our new house at the beginning of next year that I have a small room that can be knocked into the bedroom as my makeup room/closet - the hubby agreed if he can have a workshop for woodwork - deal!!!
sparkledept
36 posts
A beauty room for Kirsty! I like that idea, and that you and hubby both get a "play room" :D

I don't go through my product very quickly but with foundation I'm pretty good about not buying more until my first runs out. There are some things I buy more and more of though, like lipstick, nail polish and eye shadow (so many pretty colours!).

I recently did a big clean out and donated a lot of hair products and such to my local Women's refuge. I also like being able to spoil other Beauty Reviwers sometimes with treats!
Marcel
335 posts
My skin care oils & creams & body wash are the only things I get through completely pretty quickly, I buy replacements every 3-4 weeks. BB creams & primers last 2-3 months, other things get old and crappy sitting around for over a year before I throw it out. Powders like eye shadows, bronzers & blushers seem to last forever without going bad my oldest eye shadow palette is about 5 years old and I still use it..hmm is that okay?
ChristieMJ
358 posts
I struggle to finish products.. I get this weird phobia of 'running out'. If I get near the end of something, especially if its something I really like, I get in this mode where I have to save it and stop using it then ending up with a million nearly empty things.. I think thats literally the definition of hoarder haha!
Pifithrin
1243 posts
Other than shampoo/conditioner/body wash etc, I use up skincare the fastest. I usually have three separate cleansers and moisturisers on the go at once (gym bag, bathroom sink and shower) but I still use them up quickly. Makeup wise it takes me a lot longer - currently I have several things I am desperately trying to finish up!
Rezee
1964 posts
A beauty room sounds amazing!! When all my children leave home, I'll get one (my eldest is only 8 next month lol).
Hmm, I probably go through cleansers the quickest? Or maybe moisterisers -face and body ones. I have never, ever hit pan on a blush, bronzer or eyeshadow before. Eyeliners usually last me a while even though I wear that on an almost daily basis.
Next would be foundations or bb creams. Everything else seems to last forever.
tannygirl
3392 posts
  I live in a flatting situation and have to share the closet with my bf. The bathroom doesn't have alot of space in shower stall or cupboards much so I only store in the shower stall what I'm going to use it each shower and the rest go in my alotted bathroom cupboard space. I do have one of those plastic storage containers where I store my unopened products that I bought during a sale. I don't have much space for a ton of products to be opened at once so I only have one of each when it comes to body products, opened at a time and just open when one's used up. Skincare I have a bit more variety since what I'll need will vary from day to day but the bottles are much smaller than items like shower gel and body lotion.

I go through items like spf moisturizers and sunscreen faster than most people, like a a 50ml pump bottle will last me like 6-8 weeks. Foundations last me a really long time since I do not use them every day, except for work or situations where I may be photographed. Eyeshadow takes forever for me to hit pan. Recently one of my lipsticks melted and so I was trying to use it up for awhile and even with me applying it with a cotton bud there's still plenty left.

Would love to have a room dedicated to beauty products and get dressed..sigh. I can only dream!
Kia
550 posts
Honestly, the only product I have ever used up fully in my entire life has been shampoos and conditioners and hair masks! In all my 20 years, never not once have I finished a whole product, not even a chapstick! 
Macs
5351 posts
My make up lasts me months. My care products like Body washes, Shampoos etc last a month . If kids havent got to it in the bath lol.  Face care couple of months
ellabxo
60 posts
my shampoos ect last a coulpe of weeks same with my bodywashs
face care stuff lasts over a month
foundation maybe 5-6 weeks depending on the size of the bottle 
moisturisers i go thru soooo much because i have quite dry skin 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!