Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

How much do you wear...

17 posts, 17 members
Kimrose
1416 posts
A couple of weeks ago I was struck down by something closely resembling "man flu".  I did survive and live to tell the tale, however I did end up going to the doctor on a sunday.  I showered and moisturised my face and then thought , I just cant do the whole make up thing today. Hence my question, How much make up, [if any] do you wear when you are not feeling 100%?
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Glad you survived Kim hehe. I wear none! If I'm crook I just can't be bothered. Bed is the best place for me, if I have to go out in public I generally tidy my hair up and go out looking worse for wear lol.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Absolutely nothing! If I'm feeling that crap I try not to go out at all! But if I do I slowly change out of my pjs and wear whatever is on the floor. They'd be lucky if I've brushed my teeth, too. Gross, but when you're feeling that sick you don't really care!
trudijoy
8375 posts
I came down hard with the lurgy late morning today, so I already had some face on. Tomorrow will very much depend on if I leave the house. Usually if I'm sick it's a shower, deodorant, lotion and brushing my teeth and hair at most. If I leave the house I try and make myself look less like a zombie vampire. At the moment I'm entertaining the id a of sleeping on the couch as is... Fully dressed and made up. Probably not a good idea
MareeB
5241 posts
I feel like that today. I haven't even showered....
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Sometimes when I'm feeling ill I'll apply a face of make up to look less pale and more human. I've also discovered recently that when doing an experiment with thick foundation, I actually managed to create a barrier between my skin and tissues, which in turn reduced the irriatation caused by constant nose blowing. So next time I have a cold I might try that again and see if it helps.

Side note: my foundation experiment was to see if layering foundation made it last longer or changed the appearance of skin tone. The result was that both are possible outcomes. (In my defence this use of time and foundation was caused because I was ill and bored).
Macs
5351 posts
I haven't been feeling welll either. I don't wear make up at all when I'm unwell. 
MissQT
1547 posts
Hardly any to be honest because when I'm not feeling well and feeling crap o don't do anything but snuggle up in bed or on the couch.
AmandaJane
1147 posts
I only use it when I'm going to an appointment or such like. Very rarely wear it at home. <--- Lazy :)
Lutece
1849 posts
Aww Kim I hope youre feeling better? <3
When Im not feeling 100% I dont bother with makeup or beauty routines, I just sleep as much as I can when I can x
MrsRosie
214 posts
Hope you girls are all feeling better real soon - lots of VitC and lemon!

Like most of you I'll wear none when Im at home sick, I dont even bother to properly do my hair. These are the last things I feel like doing when Im feeling ill. Just a shower (if Im up to it), put on some moisteriser and sleep my day away on the couch.
tannygirl
3392 posts
I hope you are feeling better soon. 

I get hayfever really bad and I find when I'm sneezing an my eyes are watery makeup is just not condusive. Because my eye makeup ends up smudged all over my eyes, my nose gets red and the foundation ends up getting wiped off my nose cheeks when I blow my nose and my lipstick comes off on my handkerchief. One those days I'm struggling to keep the sunscren on my face since it gets wiped off. I will still do a full skincare and hygiene routine no matter how sick I feel though. I almost always shower at night and can't crawl into bed dirty so that never suffers.
Pifithrin
1243 posts
If I am really really sick (once every five years...) then none.
beautygramnz
19 posts
Abslutely none but I do make sure to moisturise and wear lip balm!
KiwiLass
174 posts
I'm feeling this. About 6 weeks ago I had a bad horse riding accident, none of which I remember, due to being knocked unconscious and left with post-concussion syndrome, and breaking my right collarbone and causing nerve and tissue damage in my right arm (among other things) - the arm I use to apply make up! lol, which was the least of my concerns obviously, until recently. But I'm starting back at work just 2 hours a day this week (against Dr's advice, but I'm going mad at home now) starting this avo, and it will feel so peculiar to not do my usual make up ritual. For me, it's as much about the ritual as the looking a paritcular way. I can manage a vague swipe of mascara using my left hand, and a basic BB cream. But I'd usually do a light foundation, nude eyeshadow, brows, a couple of coats of mascara, blush and highlighter. So my colleagues might get a bit of a shock ;)
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Wow, KiwiLass, that sounds like an awful accident! I hope you recover soon.
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Everyday I don't feel 100% having the daily stresses of parenting 5 kids alone 2 of whom aren't my own and not being financially or physically supported to raise them so my way of overcoming this constand stress and anxiety is by wearing a full face of makeup I don't wear shadows from any shadow palette but I do use my bronzer and blushes on my lids. I guess the way I feel on the daily isn't physical illness but it is mental health I go to bed feeling anxious about things concerning the kids which gets me worried and I have to right off depression or that gets me going. Today for example I didn't put my full face on and that has affected my mood or attitude.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!