Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

How Many Of The Same Type Of Product Do You Have Open?

56 posts, 18 members
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I was writing a shampoo review, and it occurred to me just how many shampoos I have open right now (six, plus conditioners, purple shampoos and toners), not to mention everything else I have in the shower.

I finished a shampoo and conditioner on Saturday and I've already opened a new one to try because I'm still trying to find what product really works in my hair.

When I look at my eyeshadows, I also have a few open that look pretty much the same, but each palette has one or two must have shades that are different.

I also have more than one black eyeliner and mascara open at a time because I have 1 open in my make up draws and 1 in my bag. I also have about 3 mascaras waiting to be opened.

Likewise, I have several foundations open in different shades for different levels of tan.

Then I have a lip balm in pretty much every bag and jacket because I misplace them so often.

So I have a lot of double ups of product types, though they are all different brands, which allows for some interesting comparisons.

I do have only one of some things though, I promise :P

So do you have more than one of the same product open? 

trudijoy
8375 posts
i'm pretty good at the moment because i'm panning but i always have to have two shower gels on the go because i like refreshing ones in the morning and calming ones at night :D
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I have about 4 conditioners open at the moment but that is pretty normal for me. Other things I usually only have 1 open at a time. Apart from lipbalm where I have about 10 randomly placed everywhere :-)
Macs
5351 posts
I have three shower gels on rotation all lush, two lots of shampoo and conditioner. Four lots of skincare . About six perfumes all opened . Four eye shadow pallets I sold ten because I'm down sizing. Five blushes. Two highlighters. Ten Mascaras. Five foundations. 

Thats why I haven't purchased skincare because I have too much . 
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I'm generally pretty good with using a product before opening more. However I currently have 5 foundations on the go lol
trudijoy
8375 posts
oh and I'm also in the kajillion lipbalms club!

and lotions, i have like 5 of those open.
courtspace
84 posts
I too am in the one billion lip balms open club! When I need one I can never find one so just go for a new one.

Apart from that I think I am pretty good. I have about 3 shampoos and 3 conditioners open becuase I like to switch it up every now and again. A couple of face washes for depending if I want a scrub or just a cleanse. About 4 perfumes depending on how I feel on the day.

So not toooo bad - but still would like to finish a product every once in a while if I can bring myself to it!
shazatron101
5112 posts
TOO MANY THINGS

5 Shampoos - OGX and Lush
6 Conditioners - OGX, Palmolive and Lush (7 if you count their Avo Co Wash stuff)
Maybe 10 lipbalms - Lush, Chapstick, Mooncalf, Anoint
5 Lotions - Lush, Victoria's Secret, Palmolive, The Body Shop, Bath and Body Works
8 Body Washes - To be fair only three are in the shower though... Lush, Palmolive, Bath and Body Works
3 Mascaras - Too Faced and Elizabeth Arden

To be fair (lol trying to justify my excessive shampoo hoarding) everything is only 1/4 full except for the Lush 'poos and conditioners, so I could use most of that up in the next month if I wanted. IF being the operative word... ;-) 

Shana_Banana84
567 posts
Lots of things as well!!

4 mascaras - 3d fibre lash, are they real, moisture mist and a maybelline one
umpding lipstick obvs because I like wearing a diff colour every time
5 foundations - NARS, L'oreal, cover girl, Maybelline and moisture mist
3 Lush shower gels which I rotate to save my fave Rose Jam, Yuzu and Cocoa and Comforter
3 moisturisers - Neutrogena, Dr Lewinns and Goodness

I should take on a panning challenge mebe
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I consider myself overall guilt free with how many lipsticks and eyeliners I own because they are all different colors. But I do have a couple of lotions open and 1 or 2 still to open.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I've been on a big "no spend" since June last year, in an attempt to clear out the drawer full of products that I have.  I'm trying to get down to using one of each product at a time, as it will eliminate a lot of clutter and prevent me "hoarding" in future but I still have a way to go.  These are all open and being used

- 3 cleansers (one foaming and two creamy)
- 2 body scrubs
- 2 facial exfoliators
- 3 moisturisers (2 day creams and one night cream)
- 2 foundations 
- 2 body lotions
- 5 lip balms
- 3 black eyeliners (all pencil)
- 2 mascaras 
tannygirl
3392 posts
In the bathroom I have 

- 3 shampoos
- 2 conditioners
- 3 makeup removers
- 2 oil cleansers
- 1 foaming cleanser
- 1 cream cleanser 
- 2 bars of soap for my showers

On my beauty table/laptop desk I have

- 2 toners (1 spray, 1 gel, 1 container of toning pads)
- 4 serums/facial oils
- 2 spf moisturizers
- 2 body oils
- 1 massage bar
- 2 pimple treatments
- 1 day moisturizer
- 1 sleeping mask
- 1 body cream
- 2 handcreams
- 2 balms
- 2 lip balms
- 2 eye moisturizers (1 cream, 1 serum)

Macs
5351 posts
I'm also a lip balm hoarder. I got ten opened currently . I won't need to buy those for a few years yet. 
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Oh I like this thread. I don't really like to have an accumulation of items opened but I am guilty as chared for having the same items opened at the same time for me it's :
Bathroom- 2 toners, 3 shower gels, 2 deodorants & 2 moisterizers, 2 exfoliating products & 2 face cremes

Makeup station - 7 liquid lipsticks, 7 bullet lipsticks, 2 blush palettes, 3 blush pans, 3 highlighting palettes, 3 liquid foundations,2 cc creams, 4 primers, 2 mascaras, 2 eyeliners , 2 eyebrow pencils, 3 setting powders, 4 eyeshadow palettes,6 lipglosses /lip toppers, 2 setting sprays & 6 beauty blenders. This is thanks to my inquisitive mind that needs just swatch or try something one time. I recently destashed used makeup too & have some unopened.
Makeup bag- 2 lipglosses, 2 lipsticks & 2 liquid lipsticks
MareeB
5239 posts
Yikes - I'm too embarassed to say. Lets just say there are far too many cleansers, oils, moisturisers and serums lying around!!!
MareeB
5239 posts
Oh yes, and lip balms? um lots....
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Yes, I'm too embarrassed to say too....and it would take me far too long to even gather it all together in one place to count it lol. I like to use lots of different skincare products to meet different skin needs/perform different functions. Shower gels is probably the most out of control but I do use them all. Which one will depend what I feel like on that day. And yes. They're all Lush. 
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Is it bad to think with these items opened I still feel like I don't have enough? Just only this afternoon I was talking about how I need some more.
Soozie I understand about the shower gel option I like to use the one based on how I feeling. My go to for mornings atm is limited & I need more because its give me wings thats the Lush bubbly. Eg a new shower gel preference is a Loccataine one & another setting spray & foundation because the foundations I have atm are my winter shades & aren't high end or a full coverage. O_o
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
OK so this thread just motivated me to finish off my favourite face mask. I opened something almost imdentical from another brand last week. Woohoo! 
kirstyj
1732 posts
For once I'm not doing too badly with this!

Sorry to go on about decluttering again but this was a big thing for me when I first started. So I concentrated on one product at a time to get through them and now I have one of most things eg shampoo/conditioner, shower gel, Mascara, foundation, powder, cleanser, moisturiser etc. Having one at a time is great because I love the feeling of getting through things - and I'm also not buying backups until I really need to.

But don't count my body lotions or hand creams yet ...
tannygirl
3392 posts
I have opened

- 3 body butters

- multiple masks 

- 2 body lotions 

- 2 foot moisturizers ( 1 balm, 1 cream)

- 2 more lipbalms (1 spf, 1 nighttime balm)

- 1 bodyscrub

I used to have just 1 soap or shower gel (Organics Care usually), 1 body lotion (Aveeno) and maybe a body butter (Ethiques, Sorbet at the time) and when I got a body oil and a body scrub I was getting fancy. The principle was use one up at the time and then go to the next and I had multiple back ups of the same brand and limited bathroom space but I've come a long way since then. Though this year I'm planning to try to pan off more of my stuff before opening more.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Lip balms!!! Guilty of this also I currently have 5 on the go. One in the car, handbag, makeup station, bathroom, kitchen even lol
Gosh good question... I'm a mix.  I TRY to only have one thing open at a time, so I only have one night cream/eye cream/deodorant/hair oil/fake tan/etc open, but then other things I justify opening lots as they are different - so two different cleansers in the shower (depending on if I've got spots to deal with or not!), plus a cleansing balm and a micellar water on the bathroom shelf.  By the same token I have millions of lip balms, lip sticks and hand creams spread all over the house (because you always need to be within two steps of a lip balm, amiright??).  

I prefer only having one thing open at a time because you feel like you're getting through them faster, but then if you need one for a slightly different job etc...  Plus when I get samples using those up derails my using up my full-sized stuff.  

My hoarding has reached next level recently so I think I should rename 2017 'The Year of No More Beauty Purchasing'!!
Ringy
825 posts
way to many to even list - we are moving house and I've packed 4 medium sized boxes from the bathroom of all mainly opened but unfinished products and in an attempt to declutter I did the old hold and see if you love it thing and I loved them all so have packed them all, just s tiny supermarket bag of rubbish, and still a bit more to pack. Of unopened hoarded products Im too ashamed to even tell anyone how many packing boxes that is! Hint - way more than opened stuff!
Macs
5351 posts
Oh your moving house Ringy. I love it where you find things you love.

I remember when I packed my products I had three large boxes full of stuff. I had everything breakable double wrapped. I don't like packing and unpacking. I dread moving again. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Weeeee I finished a shower gel :D Stoked. I didn't like it so it made it easier to use - it was Lush Bubbly. I mean.. I did like it but I didn't? It didn't wow me really, not like Rose Jam or Twilight do :-/ 
trudijoy
8375 posts
way to go Shaz! i have a wee bubbly to try, hope I like it! i don't love Rose Jam so maybe :D
Macs
5351 posts
Well done. I got bubbly sample too from lush. It didn't wow me too. I used it up fast. I'm almost finished Yuzu and Cocoa from the last vault. 
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Awww that's too bad ladies about the Bubbly shower gel cos I really like the lady at lush explained it really nicely but she didn't win me over with her explanation then when I went and used it I thought wow she's right it does give yout a pop and fizzy feeling for the summer & it's become my summer morning fav the champagne combined with the zesty scent is something I do enjoy. I hope you enjoy it Trudi.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I think you'll like Bubbly Trudi as it's the same scent as Celebration body lotion. I've barely made a dent in my Yuzu and Cocoa, Macs. That's because I have ahem, too many shower gels on the go. And I may have just got received a Lush Kitchen order today. No shower gels in it though. 

Macs
5351 posts
I was happy to see the behind of Yuzu and Cocoa lol Oh Soozie a Lush kitchen order. I'm yet to do one. I joined a buying group on facebook. Almost purchased the comforter body lotion but freaked out when I saw the price of it. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
I forgot it was the same scent as Celebrate - the smell nothing alike! (in my opinion) The lotion is soooo much nicer, the gel smelled like fanta to me, whereas I thought the lotion smelled like fruit loops hahahahahahaha 

I do hope you like it though, Trudi :D I'm glad it's a liked gel, but yeah nah not for me unfortunately. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Macs I have the Comforter body lotion from when it was in the Kitchen last year. It's loooooovely. I've been avoiding The Kitchen but....I ran out of Ro's Argan which I use most days. Lush UK do a tub of it more than double the size of the largest pot here and it works out only something like $8 more! Makes the £10 shipping totally worth it. But then of course to really make the shipping worth it you have to fill your cart until you reach the max weight for £10 shipping lol (hint: bath melts weigh next to nothing)

Shaz, I need to go do a sniff test comparison. But it's Friday night and I'm just too tired to get off the sofa lol. 

Macs
5351 posts
I'm very low on body lotions at the moment and could do with a replacement. I like big tubs they me last longer. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
The problem with having so many shower gels is that I then want different body lotions to go with them lol. 
Macs
5351 posts
I have the same problem :0 Oh dear
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I've tried the comforter body lotion it's lovely very berry bliss.
Macs I kind of get what you mean about the yuz and cocoa shower cream I'm not a fan of shower creams prefer a gel & the scent is more a winter scent for my liking.
Hmmm Soozie I am intrigued by a lush kitchen order that's where my comforter lotion came from but I bought from a lovely br member in a fb group new & unused.
I'm Ho hum because I really want and need a loccataine almond shower gel.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I'm loving Skinfood's Body Butter at the moment, makes me wonder why I never tried it sooner! 
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
That's good to know soozie atm I've been liking Nivea soft it's very hydrating and creamy for my skin that has been out in the sun alot this summer. (When it hasn't been raining) I'm such a different person because I can be really neutral fair in winter then get super tanned in summer from constantly swimming at the beach.
Julieal
915 posts
I made a New Year's resolution to simplify and so for the last two months I have used all the extra's open and now am down to only products I use daily. Not only is this less clutterfree it means all the products I use are fresh and are relaced quicker plus save me wasting good products.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
It's a shame up didn't like the scent Shaz but woop woop! You've finishe'd it :)

Mac's I've almost finished mine too. I'm not overly fussed with it so getting to the bottom of it has been hard lol
trudijoy
8375 posts
my issue with Yuzu and cocoa is that it smells nothing like Yuzu...

and shower gels you don't like make awesome handwash :D I have one atm that i'd never use as a shower gel but I got it in a box thing and it's perfect as a handwash in the kitchen. It's very citrussy and deodorises kitchen hands nicely, but i'd never use it on my body
trudijoy
8375 posts
and i LOVE both Skinfood Body Butter and Nivea Soft. I've used Nivea soft for about 20 years, especially when travelling because it's a face and body cream that works for everywhere, all the time, and it's lovely.
MissQT
1547 posts
I tend to be pretty good at using up products before opening new ones. So I only really have no more than 2 of the same product type open. My issue is that my unopened products have built up and it takes me a while to completely use up a product.
Macs
5351 posts
Oh comforter lotion sounds nice. My empties bag is slowly filling up. One more bag and il be able to buy something. 
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Like I love it, don't get me wrong but when I say I'm not fussed by it I mean it's not the first thing I grab. I don't know what Yuzu? Is Trudi lol I wish the cocoa smell was stronger too.
trudijoy
8375 posts
It's a Japanese citrus fruit kinda like a grapefruit crossed with a mandarin, should be a crisp sweet-tart kinda flavour/scent
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I hear you on the yuzu Trudi. Smells nothing like yuzu. So I wipe my mind of the fact it's called yuzu otherwise it would annoy me lol. I just concentrate on the cocoa instead. 

Funnily enough, I don't like the signature scent of Nivea products and its one of the reasons I don't like their in shower body conditioner. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
I get the citrus hit in Yuzu and Cocoa but to me it just smells like the chocolate orange chocolates haha. But it also made my skin feel gross so... I won't be using it again either :P  

OoOoOh Silvene I've been meaning to try the Skinfood Body Butter! Unfortunately my NW doesn't stock the brand though - they barely have anything nice to choose from :'( 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Shaz, I bought mine from Skinfood in their "All about the Body" gift pack.  I see that Skinfood's Nourish your skin pack has the body butter in it.

If you have a Countdown store near you, maybe try looking there?

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!