Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

How do you know your other half

25 posts, 17 members
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Fully supports you BR relationship????

We just finished dinner, I wiped my mouth with the napkin, to see my LC velvetine, that I'd  applied at 7.30am come off. Shocked that it was still on, hubby tells me to go right on BR to tell you all lol.

I thought he was having me on. Instantly I went into diffence mode, for him to interrupt me saying he's serious, the BR girls would wanna know.

oh I love my farmer husband

What does your other half do?
chikoboo
3402 posts
Nawww he a keeper!!! so sweet

Mines in the electrical wholesale trade, and he is super supportive of my addictions and BR.  He'll do the same thing like my chichi lippy I wore today, when he picked me up from work he commented that it still looked good, did I top it up...only once did I.   They are gettng trained I'm sure =)
Jesse
745 posts
That is so sweet! I'm in a long distance relationship so my other half has only seen me on BR a few times. His first reaction was 'people still review things?'. Silly male.
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Chikoboo I was ready, set, go, to go and try some of them today. Have a voucher burning holds in my handbag. I ran out of puff tho. Awesome staying power!

Jesse I did giggle. It won't be long and these males will want their own profiles.
Manda129
419 posts
haha aww thats so cute :)

Mine doesnt mind aslong as I don't talk to him about products, it goes in through one ear and one the other I just get the polite, smile and nod while he's watching the telly haha
Bird
231 posts
I just get the "grunt/hum of acknowledgment" and polite nod.  He's very tolerant about my hobbies (BR is a hobby!!) in general, I am of his usually, but mine are tidier and tend to take up less space...... He's more interested in food.
g1ggles2
358 posts
Hahaha!
Go Farmer hubby!

My husband is supportive sometimes just slightly mocking but in a playful way.
Sometimes he plays around with me & say things like "ooo thats a very fruity perfume your wearing with top notes of berry & base notes of musk" [this all said in a slightly feminine tone of voice] to which I will reply 'oh really? " then he just laughs & says "hell I dont know!!"

He does the same sort of thing about my lippys and stuff.
On the upside he does let me jabber his ear off about this stuff even though he has zero interest & normally says yes if I ask to buy something.

P.s he has gained so nice perfumes himself through my suggestions
michelleburne
229 posts
Mine gets annoyed because he doesnt have my full attention. He is leaving next week and I'll be a single mum *sigh. Oh well at least I wont have anyone bitching at me. But I'll be busy with kids, so my BR time will diminish a tad :(
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
Hahahaha guys crack me up. I love what your hubby said farmerswife :D

i think my bf is glad I have people to talk to about makeup, although he mocks me for being so obsessed with BR ;p 
g1ggles2
358 posts
Awww Michelle sorry to hear that! *hugs*
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Hmmm I think we could get the men/partners together while we have a massive BR party! 

Then g1ggles2 man can teach the others how to be a BR man with his floral notes :)

Then those ones that grunt or don't wanna no, we can pin them down and do makeup practice on them 
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Michelle, you won't be a single mum, you will have us to lean on xx
kstah21
127 posts
i dont care what my DH says..... he has his stupid gaming and i have FB and all things Beauty related. Michelle, im sending hugs to you, im having 'the talk' with DH moro, so quite possibly i will be a single mum next week.  can i just say though ladies, you are all wonderfull beautiful people!!! xoxo
michelleburne
229 posts
KSTAH Thanksxx I see some serious retail therapy coming my way very shortly before funds are tight. Raising two teenagers and a 7 year old is no mean feat on your own :)
kstah21
127 posts
i hear ya michelle, I have spent $400 in 24 hours due to 'stress'..  DH left me 2 days prior to our twins arriving and moved out when they were 6 months.  HARDEST time of my life.  didnt no how i would cope raising our 4 on my own :(.  sometimes i wonder why we ever got back together, then go oh yeah, the kids......oh well such is life...... xoxo
MissAimeeJean
267 posts
That is too cute! I love that he understands how much BR and beauty products mean to you
I have been on and on about the Vault and he had no idea what I was talking about. My boyfriend is Swiss. Ha ha I only realised a couple of days ago he didn't know what "vault" was. He reminds me to look at reviews when I'm talking about wanting to try new products. And he has asked me a few times to look up stuff for himself (Eco store, invisible zinc).  One more sleep ladies!!!!!  :-) x  p.s Michelle, make sure you log in next week and have time out. X
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
Michelleburne and kstah I'm sending you both hugs and really hope both of you are ok. Were all here for you both if you need us xx
100_percent_ash
488 posts
Mine is annoyed at the amount of time I spend online but he can't argue with results. The number of packages that arrive for me (samples, competitions, and beauty review products) blows him away.

He asked what I had planned for tomorrow and I said I had my sale. He asked where. Online dah! I've only been talking about it all week
Susilia
484 posts
Lindt-lover if your boyfriend is swiss wy are you still living in New Zealand?:) I find Switzerland the best country in te world to live in, beautiful, cosmopolitan, lots of people from different cultures, Rösti... mmmm :)
Susilia, he makes the best rosti in the world! And I am a chocoholic because of him too. I eat Lindt everyday. Lol. We live in Queenstown, stunning vistas here and nearby like his village. 
katypatatie
142 posts
I just got informed that Luke had no idea what BR was, I always talked about it but he didn't actually know what it was haha. He got rather excited when I said I check reviews on BR before I buy things so I'm not wasting money on crap products.
brushandbullet
395 posts
Michelle and kstah21, ditto what J said -- I'm sorry to hear that. I hope things get better!

My partner left last June for the UK, I was meant to join him as soon as I finished my thesis but that's just dragged on. Oh well. He knows about my blog but I don't think I've told him about BR yet. He knows I'm a nutter anyway, so I don't think he'd be too surprised.
HouseOdBanana
350 posts
Mine likes it because I don't annoy him with my makeup talk. Also it keeps me busy when he plays xbox or what ever he does. 
Cat
474 posts
Like Villemesic, mine likes that I can now direct my beauty babbles here rather then to him. The other day he was showing me some stuff online that he was thinking of buying, after a while it started getting boring so I quietly mentioned a few lipstick shades I wanted and the look on his face was priceless when it dawned on him that to me what he was showing me were as interesting as lipsticks are to him. He quickly said 'you can go talk to the BR girls now'. 

My poor boy has been disillusioned lately, I've been showing him a lot of before and afters of girls that do major contouring and such. He had no idea how much make up could transform a face. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!