Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

How do you decide what to use in the shower?

17 posts, 14 members
Kimrose
1415 posts
I was in the shower this morning and it struck me that I have so many lovely things to use, sometimes it is hard to decide which one (or ones) to use! Such a dilemma!

Everything in my shower makes me happy, and happy is a great way to start each day.

How about you ladies? Do you have a favourite in the shower?
tannygirl
3392 posts
     I share my shower with other people so there's limited space so usually I have just one bottle or bar of soap for showering. But lately I've gotten a bit matchy matchy especially with scents. So when it comes to shower gels and shower jellys I match the body butter, body oil or body moisturizer to the scrub or shower gel at times. For example pairing Lush's Sweetie Pie with my black raspberry and vanilla body butter or Rose Jam shower gel with my floral scented body butter or my BonBon Patisserie body butter (discontinued) with BonBon's coffee scrub.        
     Lately I've been matching my body butter to the wax melts I've been burning in my room. Because some of the body butters I use are a bit stronger scented so I feel that if I have a stronger scented body butter on me, I might not be able to enjoy the scent of the wax melts as much. So like when I have a cinnamon scented wax melt in I'll go with a vanilla body butter or or Soft Coeur massage bar from Lush. 
    Oh and I shower at night mainly so yep, that's when I put the melts in the burner.
trudijoy
8375 posts
i'm fine having one shampoo but i like to have two conditioners (every day and heavy duty) in there, at least three shower gels (fruity, floral/vanilla-y and more neutral), a scrub option, two cleansers (cream and In Your Face and two razors (idk why)

My shower has a huge in-wall shelf so I usually have way too much in there, but that's okay :D
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I currently have ten different shower gels and jellies in the shower at moment (not including sample sizes) so I clearly (have a problem lol) don't have a favourite. I'll just go for whatever I feel like that morning. It could be something more refreshing if I need waking up or something fruity or floral. This morning I went for Lush's Hot Toddy as its a spicy, wintery, warming scent. 
MareeB
5239 posts
I only put one thing in there at a time. There's 10 things on the side of the bath tho :(
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I have 5 body washes, 2 different shampoos, 1 conditioner and 3 different types of skin care in my shower that's it. Anything extra shower related won't go in the shower till I've gone through what's already in there. I have a routine where I will wash my hair and put the conditioner through, when I'm doing that I'll wash my face then my bod then wash the conditioner out. I like to alternate between my body washes and face washes/scrubs.
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I have lots of different shampoos and conditioners in my shower, a soap, shower gel and exfoliator. But I too have things sitting outside the shower. I often pick my shower products by scent vs my mood. This especially applies to Lush and Body Shop products. But sometimes it's just whatever is in the shower already.
tannygirl
3392 posts
I wash my hair like twice a week. So usually I default to my Ethique bars either my Heali Kiwi if my scalp is flakey or St. Clements if my hair is oily and I'll pair that with my Wonderbar conditioner. I do have a small bottle of the conditioner that comes with L'oreal's Casting Cream Gloss which I use sometimes. And in the cupboard I have a shampoo and conditioner set for colored hair, which I'll use when I'm in the mood. Atm I have my hair dyed Dark Chocolate which is actually turned out to make my already black brown hair more black. So I'm currently waiting for it to fade some which is taking months but I guess it was already very close to my natural hair color so it's difficult to tell if is fading. 
Pifithrin
1243 posts
I shower at the gym so take everything I need with me and I refuse to lug more than I need. I am currently loving the Original Source lime shower gel. An oldie but a goodie.
Macs
5351 posts
Hey Kim, 

I have one bodywash Im trying to pan its a Body shop one. Three Lush shower gels on a rotation as a treat. I need Body scrub. I have one cleanser Im trying to pan. I have one of each Shampoo and Conditioner because I don't like using mis matched hair care products. 

Lutece
1849 posts
Hehe I understand your struggle Kim :) I have 2 piles, one with zesty products for the morning and sweet scents for the afternoon, zesty things tend to wake me up and the sweet scents tend to relax me.
shazatron101
5112 posts
I only have a few things in the shower - a conditioner, a face wash and a shower gel lmfao. The only times I can't decide is if I get something new or if I don't know what shampoo to use, and I'm currently only using one which is the OGX coconut milk one :-P
ragingfrog
1289 posts
Just changed over the shampoo and conditioner as they had run out but still have 3 body washes, scrub, facial cleanser, mask, razor, small soap, loofah and exfoliating glove. I should pull out the gloves wash/rinse really well & dry and start using them dry maybe with moisturiser.
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Shower products are something I love buying and so I have so many products and it is hard using them all. I try to project pan, and finish a product before opening a new one. However, that doesn't always work because it is so exciting trying something new (especially if I have just done a Lush haul)
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Thebeautycontext lol, I was about to say......I bet those shower products are Lush ;-)
Kimrose
1415 posts
What a great bunch of replies, its been fun reading them all. 
MissQT
1547 posts
I only have a couple of products in the shower at one time otherwise it gets too crowded. I try and use up my products on a first in first served basis. So the older things get used first. If I don't like something I'll try and pan it quickly. I try and use lush stuff first too as they have an expiry date.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!