Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Hot air brushes

13 posts, 6 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
Talk to me about hot air brushes, BR. 

im increasingly intrigued by the concept and my hair dries pretty fast so wondering if one would  be a great addition to my 'on the road a lot (when it's not COVID) supplies.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Never used one! Off to google so I know what you are talking about:-)
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Ohhhhh my mop would wrap itself around that many many times! Looks great for short hair
MareeB
5241 posts
I hadn't heard of them either, so I had a look. I wonder if they're quite drying to hair? I'd love to hear some opinions too.
Susilia
484 posts
Hello, I've got a silver bullet one, it's a bigger sized round brush, 32mm, at first it was tricky to use and still is sometimes, but I can have a blowdry like I just came out of a salon. I always struggled holding a round brush in one hand and hairdryer in the other hand, hence why I got it. Usually with hair straighteners my hair is nice and straight but there's no body at the roots, but the hot air brush gives a lot of volume which I like, however hair doesn't stay straight as long as with hair straighteners. I never use it on wet hair, I always either wait until my hair dries a bit or I use my normal blowdryer first, it's really no good on very wet hair as it gets stuck and also literally no point to go in there with it when your hair is dripping wet, it's for the end stages of drying to get volume and shape.
I hope it helps you decide, but sorry if it was too long and bore you! :D
MrsO
196 posts
Hi, my Son bought me a Philip's Stylecare Auto-rotating Airstyler for Christmas. Just reading off the box, it has ions for extra shine, keratin coating and three attachments. It is barrel shaped, has a revolving brush attachment, an air curling attachment and one for just drying your hair. I find it super easy to use the drying and rotating brush bits, haven't tried the curling part yet, looks easy, press button, sucks hair in and curls it, press again to release.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Thanks guys. Ideally I want an all in one situation I can use when I'm away easily that dried and smooths and adds a bit of volume. Was wondering about the ghd rise but looks like loads of things to look into! 

probs need a haircut first anyway tbh lol
trudijoy
8375 posts
I caved and used an influencer discount to buy one. I got this 
MareeB
5241 posts
I'll be keen to hear how you go with it Trudi.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Will let you know, maree! I have fine, lightweight, fast drying hair so am hoping this is a quick 'dry and tidy with volume and shine' option 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
That sounds good Trudi.....I'm interested to see how it goes too.
tabucutie
1811 posts
Never heard of that brand but look forward to hearing what you have to say about it.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Still getting my head around best usage but I love the results. Seems to work better when hair is half dry to start with but have used it to finish hair off after half drying it with the hairdryer and I can def get a salon looking blow wave with some extra volume and swish pretty easily. It CAN 100% dry my hair but it takes aaaaages to do that so much better to chuck 5 mins of normal drying at it first. Glad I got it :) 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!