Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Honorary Crew Member - Apply within

85 posts, 22 members
First Lady
957 posts
Sooooo...

We, that's Queenie, Head Pixie and I, have been asked to try a new foundation collection.  BUT there's 4 different types of foundation, and 3 of us.  Which means...we're looking for an Honourary Beauty Crew member.

Where better to turn than the forum ladies!

The lofty task.
Trialing a new foundation and reporting back to feature in a Home Page editorial alongside the Beauty Crew Coven.  You'll need to provide a before and after photo.

To apply.
Comment on this thread with your age, skin type, preferred foundation finish and what you want your foundation to do the most out of these options:
- Smooth your skin, in tone and texture
- Defy age by combatting ageing, as well as brightening dull skin
- Enhance tone with blur technology, creating the perfect nude base
- Make you glow with long lasting hydration.

If more than one person matches the fourth foundation, we'll put the names in my mummy's ridiculous large J-Lo hat and randomly pick someone!
xox

P.S.  Oh, and if you join us to form a foundation quaternity, you'll[color=#545454] [/color]also receive a $45 primer, because well, it's a crime not to prime.  Duh.

trudijoy
8375 posts
Oooh me!

36, skin is normal tending slightly oily occasionally, and I like foundations that finish smoothly.. not super Matte but not 'dewy'. Basically I want my foundation to make my face look like my face but better, smoother and more...nice.

from that list, the enhance tone/blur for perfect base option sounds like me 

cool opportunity!
MissQT
1547 posts
Ooh this sounds like such an exciting opportunity! I'd love to be able to be part of this.

age is 24, skin type is combination-oily, preferred foundation finish is matte, and the option is choose is enhance tone with blur technology, creating the perfect nude base, but I'd be happy to go for smooth you skin in tone and texture too as I want that aswell (sounds like I would have to buy both foundation types haha).
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Oh yes please
Age 39
Skin type combo oily
Foundation finish matte full coverage
What option would I like all 4 sound ideal but I'd like to defy age by combatting ageing, as well as brightening dull skin
What a cool trial :)
Macs
5351 posts
Yes I'm keen. Age 33. My skin type would fall into my face needs smoothing in tone and texture and anti ageing as well. I'll try any foundation consistency.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Oooohhhhh interesting! :)
Age 28
I like a matte finish when It comes to foundation
Skin type is combination (bit of everything. Dry-oily)
I'd love a foundation that evens out my skin tone and texture x
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Skin type:  Oily
Foundation finish:  Matte
Option:  Enhance tone with blur technology, creating the perfect base
(I have large, brown pigmentation spots and enlarged pores that I need to disguise) 
Qweenkaren
313 posts
Exciting!
Skin type: oily/combination
Preference on finish: matte - just want my skin to look like skin, not overly matte, up not oily/dewy
Optimal extra: - Smooth your skin, in tone and texture
kirstyj
1732 posts
Fun! I'm actually nearly out of my foundation.

I'm 28 - nearly 29 :P
Skin is normal to dry.
I just like foundation that looks like skin - so not too matte. What I really like though is something that really lasts! Mainly because I hate reapplying as I can be lazy.
Main thing I would want would be the enhancing tone with blur technology - mainly because I like my foundation to look natural rather than mask like - followed up by the hydration piece.

Shana_Banana84
567 posts
Ooh yes please.

Age 32
Skin is combination but with dry patches.
I prefer a smooth finish but not too matte and definitely not dewy
If I were to want one thing out of those four options it would be to [color=#291b29]Enhance tone with blur technology, creating the perfect nude base

This is exciting [/color]

shazatron101
5112 posts
Don't you know its rude to ask a woman her age! Bahahaha (kidding) it's so interesting seeing everyones age - I would never have pegged any of you ladies at the age you've said hahaha

anywhooo
I have taken 26 trips around the sun. My brain thinks its 18, my body 80. so. It averages out somewhere
My skin is combination. I have dry patches, I have oily patches. I have normal patches (those are good days!)
My ideal foundation finish is matte, but I'm open to anything. and I mean if I don't like looking too 'dewey' that's what setting powder is for? :-D
I think, out of all the options listed (can I pick e) all of the above?) I am most drawn to the blur technology one. 

What a cool way to do trials. Kind of trials. I kinda hope theres more in future!
Ringy
825 posts
This is a great opportunity. I am 38, with slightly dry and dehydrated skin. Ideally if you could get all 4 options rolled into one it would be my dream product! But picking one it would be glowing and long lasting hydration, option 4. I feel like glowing, hydrated skin looks younger, and then I feel younger so it's mind over matter anti aging. 

ragingfrog
1289 posts
I would like to put my hand up and join the ranks for a one off.
At age 4x or 21 with 19 years experience is my preferred description.
I think I would be the defy age by combatting ageing group because I should have started prevention before now.

itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I think I might be a little youthful for this one. As apart from the horrid lines on my forehead my skin doesn't need an anti aging foundation. The perfect nude base and lasting hydration sound lovely though. Good luck ladies :)
MrsRosie
214 posts
Ohhh this is a neat way to do a trial indeed! Hope it doesn't matter Ive done the survey too? :)
Age: 31 / Skintype: Combo-oily / Preferred foundation finish: dewy and glowing.
Out of those choices I'd pick: Defy age by combatting ageing as well as brightening dull skin.

First Lady
957 posts
AMY!  You fit our profile for the fourth foundation, so welcome to the crew ;)

I'll be in touch! xox
MissQT
1547 posts
Congrats Amy! Look forward to reading those reviews.
Macs
5351 posts
Oh this is different .Seeing a trial selection in a thread. I was waiting for the old mail box to light up . Knowing Thursday is selection day.Congrats to Amy. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
woohoo, yay Amy!
First Lady
957 posts
Well....I did ask for your ages in public haha, so I figured we're all out in the open on this one!

I'm just finalising the rest of the MF invites, so stay close because 80 invites for 40 spots will go out tonight...

But first.  Food.
xox
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
So I did this wee celebratory excited dance, the fiance gave me the *wow she is weird* look, the littles joined in and danced with me. I then stopped for a brief moment, am I the AMY?! Hahaha.
trudijoy
8375 posts
i forgot that survey Nat - thanks for the reminder!
shazatron101
5112 posts
bahahahahahaha omg Amy you are too cute. Congrats lovely x
kirstyj
1732 posts
Yay Amy! Super awesome. I know you'll do a fab job!!!
MissQT
1547 posts
Oh yay more invites! I was wondering if they'd gone out yet.
MareeB
5242 posts
Congratulations Amy, that's very exciting! I look forward to reading the article :)
shazatron101
5112 posts
I wonder how many of those 40 will give you the run around... hahaha (none, hopefully!)
kirstyj
1732 posts
Super excited to be on this trial! I know what I'll be doing tomorrow lunchtime ... trip to Farmers for a shade test. Wish me luck ladies to not buy anything else that I don't need.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Yay congrats Amy and all the other lucky ladies. Sounds awesome!
g1ggles2
358 posts
Awww dang it, I left my phone in my bag for one night and missed the time to accept the invite lol
So looking forward to reading your reviews ladies :D
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Congrats, Amy! 
Macs
5351 posts
Congrats kirstyj . Happy foundation testing ladies. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yay kirsty! Me too... my reason for wanting to trial was pretty compelling maybe... a more articulate version of 'I'm tired and I look like crap' lol
First Lady
957 posts
Shaz - if ANYONE dares to cross me with this one...!!!

SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Yay! I'd given up on getting an invite....but they're still going out and I got on the trial! Exciting!
shazatron101
5112 posts
i'm sending you about 100 laughing emojis right now hahahahaha ps thanks for the trial weeeeee dont kick me off hahahahaha 

who else can't get to a counter and is playing the "lets try and guess the shade" :P
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Awesome news girls yay Amy, Kirsty Soozie & Trudi look forward to your reviews :)
First Lady
957 posts
Oo I should say, they're not only available in Farmers, so if your local pharmacy stocks MF you should find it there too.

And because life happens if you can't get to the counter before midday Sat you can look at the range here.

And some of the MF Miracle Workers are on Findation, so that might be an option too!

xox

Any problemos let me know and I'll do my best to help you.  xx

trudijoy
8375 posts
Nat, what if my problem is that I go to farmers to test foundation and spend my cash on err'thing else that catches my eye? ;)
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Yes our local pharmacy stocks Max Factor & when grabbing some pharmaceuticals yesterday I was steering at the rack of stock like I'm going to be back again soon lol. It's good how pharmacis are getting up with the play. I also frequented another pharmacy or two actally today & both gave me a great deal with some multi vitamins at 30% off & the other I got my fav (atm) eye cream by Trilogy which retails for 59 well I got it for $34 I was happy with that.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Ooooh massive congrats Amy and I love your sense of humour he he he.  Can't wait to read your review.  I can't wait to try this too, I've been on BB Cream for way too long and so excited to try something new.  Thanks BR lovelies xxxx
First Lady
957 posts
haha Trudi, the struggle is real!  I reckon it's the bright lights in Farmers, it makes everything shiny!

I'm like it with our pharmacy which opens on to the best gift/knick-knack shop.  Even picking up a prescription is in danger of denting the wallet.

I picked up a Lee Stafford travel set in the sale for $9 the last time I was there, I used to use it all of the time when I was at university, haven't used it in years but saw it mentioned on the forum and 9 bux for a trip down memory lane - winning!

xox
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I spent my 'you have no money to spend' on stuff in the splash store clearance sale, on everything I didn'the need, so farmers won't tempt me.
I'll be off to farmers in the morning and won't even look at the beauty stuff! 'Said no on everrrr'

Congratulations everyone that made it onto the trial and thank you BR CREW! X
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yeah Lush, Sephora, Kmart, or pretty much anywhere with candles! 

Also Lee Stafford makes 2 things I loooooove
ragingfrog
1289 posts
Nat and K3ri I like to hear about little bargains like that, they sound like fantastic scores on the wallet.

Congrads Amy, one for the win.
tannygirl
3392 posts
Congrats ladies. Amy, your skin looks amazing in your pics, so luminous and flawless. I don't know how you apply your foundation but the end result looks really flawless. 
Julieal
915 posts
Have un on the trial BR Crew -It will be nice to hear how you get on -Cheers
Macs
5351 posts
I woke up at 5am , thought Ill look on Beauty Review. Saw my invite, and made it on. Thank you for this opportunity. Hopefully I'll find my perfect match. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Cool you got on the trial Macs :-) I checked mine at 6.45am but it was full by then. Looking forward to reading reviews :-)
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Hi Nat!
I emailed through with my shade etc today but have just had an email to say it didn't deliver. Could you please confirm whether you received it or not? :)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!