Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Homemade Skincare Purchases

8 posts, 5 members
EliseMM
120 posts
I've been purchasing some beautiful homemade skin and hair care from small NZ brands. They are basically products made in a garage or kitchen by hand and only sold online or at school fairs. They aren't available for review on BR, so I wanted to share some of my finds...

Gorgeous and Green - a Porirua based woman who makes luscious coffee scrub and body butter. If you love deep rich scents of vanilla, cocoa and coffee, I highly recommend looking it up online. Seriously delicious!

Natural Goddess - a woman based in Christchurch who imports quality oils and makes soaps, lotions etc. My favourite product is called 'Sun-n-Shine.' It is a natural gradual lightening spray for hair. I've been using it for a month now and it has not damaged my hair AT ALL and it really works. I love that you can gently lighten your hair, meaning you can choose how light you want to go. 

Savvy Touch - I have just purchased a great zinc sunscreen from this brand which originally started making products for horses! It still has a few chemical ingredients that I generally might try and avoid, but you receive a generous 250ml bottle and the consistency of the product is fantastic. It can easily be used under makeup with no need for a primer. 

Please do share you favourite handmade NZ products! I love supporting small businesses - especially mums working from home, doing something they love :-)
tabucutie
1811 posts
Kalinda Desiree- She makes skincare products. Love her lip scrub and shaving cream.
SmileyPisces
253 posts
Mmm... vanilla, cocoa and coffee... sounds delicious! 
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Thanks for sharing. Always cool to hear about local products.
EliseMM
120 posts
Thanks Tabucutie - I've looked up Kalinda now!
tannygirl
3392 posts
    Not skincare per se but if you like natural deoderants Dept of Soul (formerly known as Tankis) deoderant is worth a try. I have used other brands but I really prefer them in a stick form rather than a pot. Dept of Soul is a natural NZ brand and they make their natural deoderants in twist up stick form in different scents. The main one I've tried is Peppermint and Spearmint. I haven't tried the other scents yet because I like the Peppermint one. They also make lip balms but I haven't tried those yet. 
tabucutie
1811 posts
@skyecandleandbodycarenz (insta tag) their Passionfruit Lip Scrub is amazing. I have never used any skincare products with Passionfruit in it but I feel this is an ingredient that is underused. This lip scrub smells and tastes amazing. Comes in a nice little glass jar (I leave on a shelf in the shower). Sugar scrub is quite granulated but I find it actually works better for me than the smaller sugar granules. New fav!
tannygirl
3392 posts
Au Natural I really like their mineral sunscreen powder. I don't think it's sufficient as a stand alone product in place of sunscreen because it's not possible to apply enough powder to get the spf level on the tube, no mineral powder sunscreen is sufficient as a stand alone product. However, this is great for top ups during the day or if you are a sunscreen junkie like me and like having multiple options. It's the most reasonably priced mineral powder sunscreen for the ammount you get that I have come across and it's none whitening and non cakey. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!