Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Help , Puffy Eyes.

19 posts, 14 members
Macs
5351 posts
Tonight I put on my night facial oil. First time my eyes are stinging, both eyes are puffy like have a stye. Any tips to help soothe them.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Sounds like an allergic reaction Macs. I'd take an antihistamine and wash your face to get it all off then put a cold flannel  over it... maybe with a little baking soda in the water
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Hope you feel better soon
MissQT
1547 posts
I agree with antihistamine. Also try cold tea bags on your eyes or a hot compress (hot flannel) on your eyes.
Macs
5351 posts
The antihistamine worked. Thank you my eyes are back to normal
Priestess
18 posts
Be careful with oils especially those with essential oils or active ingredients in them as they can be very potent, when using oils on the face it is important to keep them from your delicate eye area, the skin under your eyes are very fragile and absorb whatever you put on them from around the skin so you might not put the oil close to your eyes but the skin will suck it up towards the ducts.  Now that your reaction is over take a look at the active ingredients and see if there is one listed that you haven't used before, to use up the remaining oil try using it as a cuticle conditioner or lip conditioner, they will love the rich oils.  
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Wahhh definitely sounds like an allergic reaction Macs! I hope you feel better soon! Now you know not to use it x
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Macs that sounds awful I am glad they are back to normal :-) I use good old cucumber or a teabag when that happens it helps so much.
Macs
5351 posts
Yeah il definately check the ingredients out. First time my face has ever bee. that puffy before. 
RachLouise
218 posts
Ouch! Hope your feeling better now :)
JessB
219 posts
Glad you're feeling better! I've had several bad reactions to things around my eyes - several times it was mascara. After making sure all of the irritant is removed I find a warm compress really helps, especially if it feels like somethings messing with my tear ducts. I also have an ointment from my doctor in case of any reactions.
Ringy
825 posts
Totally weird but my eyelids are all dry and scaly at the moment - just on the socket bone - not sure if it's the weather or something that I've used (haven't used anything out of the ordinary). Also my face is a bit stingy with my usual products - oasis apple a day is super stingy and oxygen face wash leaves it red. Only thing that seems ok is the Sub24 cleanser and moisturiser that I got for my daughter - very strange indeed. 
Priestess
18 posts
Ringy sounds like you might be experiencing a hormonal shift that is affecting your skin, it subtle swings with the seasons but at certain points such as puberty, pregnancy, menopause, etc.. it can alter more dramatically.  If you can get to a local dermalogica counter they can analysis your skin and let you know how best to treat it they are very helpful.  Certain additives can be very harsh on the skin and even though through a period of your life they might have not irritated it as time wears on your skin can become sensitive and those products that you loved 5 or 10 years ago now cause more problem than benefit.  For dry areas around your eye socket the best thing I have ever encountered is eye masks, those Korean types that come in a pot and you scope out these gel covered patches that adhere to your skin, you wear them like mini sheet masks for that targetted area, they are great for adding moisture and plumping the area, also help with fine lines and wrinkles which for me is golden.
Macs
5351 posts
I'm feeling much better now Rach. 

Thats so strange Ringy. I wonder why your skin is doing that. 
Ringy
825 posts
Nooooooo not menopause!!! Argh! But probably could be! Isn't there a perimenopause? Like a pre menopause mini menopause? 
tannygirl
3392 posts
  Those gel eye patches are great. If you have sensitive skin though, I would avoid the Secret Key Gold Racoony eye patches. They do lighten my under eye area temporarily but they sting and I don't have that sensitive skin. 
MareeB
5239 posts
Eek Ringy, could be perimenopause, it does weird things. I started getting puffy eyes and sinus almost every day - it was crippling. I started using progesterone cream which cured them completely. I went through menopause quickly and suddenly as a result of getting Graves Disease then couldn't use progesterone again because it brings back periods after menopause which apparently is not a good thing. I have a friend whose only menopause symptom was dry scalp,
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
eek was going to suggest Phenergan or Lorapaed.  And then apply a chamomile tea bag (wet of course lol) and see if that worked.  But seems like you have it sorted, glad they are back to normal Macs :-)
SandyGedge
394 posts
Glad all is well now Macs xx

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!