Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

21 posts, 11 members
Rezee
1964 posts
Hi, I'm Renee. I love eyeshadow. I need help in resisting buying the sugar pop palette. I'm trying to not buy eyeshadow this year but it's so hard and I've found this palette on sale and it's calling to me.?Tell me why I don't need it, pretty please!
shazatron101
5112 posts
You don't need it!!! You're doing so good on your no buy eyeshadow!! (which palette is it? I have no idea lol). Just think if you don't buy it now, when you come off your no buy you can treat yourself - or even if you meet the 6 month mark you can get it then ;-) 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Ummmm....

- you resisting means one more on offer for someone else

- fewer palettes means more chances of hitting pan on shades

- there might be new season stuff coming out you like even more
Rezee
1964 posts
Thanks, I need these reasons to keep me strong.?It's the Too Faced Sugar Pop palette. It's super cute, with lots of fun colours. I don't own shades like these.I keep checking the site and hoping it's sold out but it hasn't yet. I first saw it yesterday so I've been resisting for a little while so far lol.
shazatron101
5112 posts
What site? I need to know before I can tell you to stop buying it hahaha cos I saw the colors and I kinda want it now hahahahaha. I won't get it though cos I'm saving for new eyeshadow brushes. Just remember what you're saving for and how much it'll be worth it in the end! Resist my sweet little super! You can do it <3 
Rezee
1964 posts
I messaged you on fb Shaza :)
shazatron101
5112 posts
Naw you're cute haha thanks lovely x
shazatron101
5112 posts
The devil tempted me but I have stayed strong ;-) You're allowed a small treat though Rezee so if you want it you go right ahead :P 
Pifithrin
1243 posts
I love this thread. Here is my attempt to talk you out of it:

You are an eyeshadow addict but don't own shades like the ones in the palette. There is probably a reason for this - they are not something you would usually use. Fight the mentality to have all the pretty colours. You have the purple Stila palette but haven't used it yet - would you use the purples in this one? Or would it sit unused in a drawer and just admired for the colours?

Look through all your eyeshadows. I bet you do have dupes for at least five of the shades.  Even if not exact dupes, colours look very similar on the eyelid and noone will be able to tell that you are wearing a specific eyeshadow. The bright pink and teal may be unique additions but you probably would not use them.

Temptalia rated this palette a B-. She said that the formula was soft, powdery and thin, and didn't perform well without a primer. Is using primer every time you use this palette and having powdery eyeshadow something you can deal with? One shade (Blackberry, the most versatile of the smaller pan shadows) got an F, making it a total dud. Can you picture making looks without this shade?

This palette is on sale. There is a reason for this - it's not that popular because it's not that great.

Don't buy it. You don't need it and you won't use it.

You can resist Rezee!
Macs
5351 posts
I recon if you get it, you have to let one go. One thats never going to be used . You could sell that one and use it to get another lol maybe Im not helping. Oh my bad
trudijoy
8375 posts
I'm down to three palettes and i rarely use anything other those now. I want one super bright palette (UD Electric msybe; Chi Chi OMFG as a cheaper option) but i'm pretty content with the three i have!
MissQT
1547 posts
Great reasons Pifithrin! I now know who to come to when I get tempted on my no spend :) Rezee just keep reminding yourself why you don't need anymore. Do you really need one more palette? How often would you use it? Would you use it every week? Remind yourself of what you are saving for. Or do you have a birthday or celebration coming up. If so maybe leave some hints for gift ideas, or they can save money now by buying you your gift in advance (although depending on when your birthday is you might be waiting to open this present for a while, so it's still torture). Or perhaps for Mother's Day?
Rezee
1964 posts
Last night, I decided that I'd probably buy it today but now I'm thinking no. Thinking about the shades made me think that I won't really use it. I like palettes to have everything in them. This won't really give me a full look so I'll use it a few times and then it will just sit there!
Thanks,  I knew posting on here would be a good idea!
mallomiss
569 posts
Good girl Reeze!
And then what if it is a bit crap? How gutted would you be?!
Pifithrin
1243 posts
MissQT anytime! :)

Rezee good for you. I'm proud of you! There will always be other palettes.
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Haha I'm an eyeshadow addict too, and I can promise you there are more exciting palettes, although this one is very cute. Good luck on your no buy and make sure you reward yourself once it's over.
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Haha I'm an eyeshadow addict too, and I can promise you there are more exciting palettes, although this one is very cute. Good luck on your no buy and make sure you reward yourself once it's over.
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Haha you're hilarious! Well done on resisting the pretty palette! The others make a very good point, there'll definitely be newer, more enticing palettes to choose from once you've finished a few more shadows ;)
janini9
341 posts
Ummmm, I have this palette and it's gorgeous. BUY IT! says one eye shadow junkie to another ;)
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Janini! Haha
ragingfrog
1289 posts
Good on you Rezee for second thoughts. If you are really needing a palette with a lot of colour on it. You could try one of the ELF ones that are a bit cheaper that have similar colours with lots of others so you  are not tempted to buy a more expensive one since you have the colour already.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!