Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

9 posts, 7 members
jalb88
121 posts
Hey lovely ladies. I'm a featured extra on a film on Thursday and they want me to turn up at 7 am with my make up done :o. I normally wear Revlon colourstay but thinking a more heavy coverage foundation would be better. Does anyone know if kryolan in new market happens to do samples? Or where I could get a sample size foundation from to try out? My skin is very fair so scars show pretty easy. And tips on how to do my make up ? I think I'm a waitress in this scene ! Thanks in advance ladies xx
trudijoy
8375 posts
I cant help hon sorry (unless you need someone to go into kryolan!) But oooh exciting x
chelseaadelaide
703 posts
I wonder if it would be better to stick to what you usually do? That way there won't be any unexpected disasters (makeup fading, wrong shade, oily etc). Perhaps add a little extra concealer if you want extra coverage, otherwise the Australis Fresh and Flawless powder gives a flawless finish and is $18. 
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
I agree with Chelsea. Sometimes its best to stick with what your used to, instead of trying something new without knowing how it's going to wear. But if you are set on getting samples of new foundations, i find pretty much anywhere that sells foundation will be happy to give you a sample pot.
personally i'd stick you your usual
Lutece
1849 posts
I agree with Chelsea, I saw a video with Shaaanxo and she talked about this, not to try anything new incase of disasters and to wear something you feel comfortable with, and good luck with Thursday! You could always do a trial makeup tomorrow and see how you like it, P.S Estee lauder does a full coverage and they do offer samples, so does MAC I think there is a MAC store in New market?
trudijoy
8375 posts
Lutece is right - theres a MAC counter in Smith and Caugheys Newmarket x
Kimrose
1412 posts
Best of luck! I am with the rest of the ladies, stick with what you know. They might even give you a bit of a touch up on set. What a cool thing to do on a Thursday. 
jalb88
121 posts
Thanks for the advice ladies! I might just pull out my thin lizzy concealer and use that for a bit of extra coverage. I think I have a bit of my DW sample left so hopefully that plus the concealer will provide enough coverage, and yes a touch up would be fab haha I never know how makeup works on set with all the lights and everything ! I was going to be one of the main characters but couldn't get the filming days off work so they've given me an extra role instead so I can just do a half day shoot then head off to work! Still very exciting though :) 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!