Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Have you changed anything?

20 posts, 17 members
Kimrose
1419 posts
I was wondering if any of you have changed any habits since reading articles here on Beauty Review? 
I have started patting my face dry instead of rubbing it with the towel, and I have tried many different make up techniques .
Rezee
1964 posts
Snap Kim!  I do that too now. I have to remind myself every time to not rub hard but pat instead.  I'm pretty sure there is heaps of other things but that is the latest for me.
charly
456 posts
I've changed my purchasing and product use. I'm much more focused on finishing things up now, so I can try and review the next thing! Instead of hundreds of travel-sized samples taking up space in my drawer I'm using them up. 
I've done the same thing as charly. I've stopped spending so much on stuff I don't need.

I've also started to drink water like crazy. I always have a bottle of water at my desk though I enjoy ice cold water more than water at some weird temperature.
Macs
5351 posts
I'm also focusing on finishing skincare mainly. I totally forgot about the patting . Just reminds me of what I should be doing. My choices in products have changed. 
MissQT
1547 posts
I apply my foundation with a brush instead of fingers now.
trudijoy
8375 posts
yeah i don't towel dry my hair, use makeup wipes, or throw out my empty MAC packaging any more lol
kirstyj
1732 posts
Cool thread!
I think the main one would be the panning. It is so satisfying to finish things. Although I must say when I first started on BR I had a "must try all the things" attitude as I just wanted to review everything I could. Now I'm much better at using things up and trying something for a while to make sure I can give it a really thorough review.
ragingfrog
1289 posts
Patting the face is my big one too but I don't think I can really call it patting when I cover my face with the towel and run my hands over the towel to dry rather than the traditional bounce bounce of the towel on skin.
And I have been using oils and serums as well which I haven't done either.
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
I began toning my skin as a result of a BR trial and learnt that I can use my tongue to smooth out my nail polish dents when painting my nails lol that one has been a lifesaver!
mariaeolsina
46 posts
I also began toning my skin and paying more attencion to my skin rutine in general.
trudijoy
8375 posts
wait, Sarah. . . you just lick your nails?  Or what?  I never heard that one before!!
Rezee
1964 posts
Trudi, I as wondering that too, I think I missed that article!
I forgot that I no also cleanse my face properly at night rather than just with makeup wipes or not at all. I also use oils on my face an even though my skin is still dry, there has been a definite improvement in that dryness especially on the sides of my nose.
I use serums now too and I've explored a whole new world of skincare and makeup. Especially. Makeup.
AmandaJane
1147 posts
Everything has changed for me. My perspective on beauty and self care including doggedly sticking with a range of skincare and a routine. I'm really seeing the results now as well which is nice. 
chikoboo
3402 posts
I've adapting some of my habits along the way not only though BR articles but from the forum and outside sources.  To learn is to grow and that is never a bad thing.  I also hugely love passing on what I have learnt if it can help others.
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
I thought I read it on a beauty tips/hacks article on here ages ago, maybe it wasn't on BR? Ha

Just when you're painting your nails, if you ding a nail and it messes up the polish you run your tongue over it to smooth it back out :P
Mila
1209 posts
I've changed a few things thanks to BE, products I use, application techniques ( I always used my hands/fingers for liquid) and processes I never used a primer in my routine before either and probably heaps more
chloednz
217 posts
OMG I have changed so much- I finally use toner religiously, use oils at nighttime, use brushes and sponges to apply foundation and always prime before I put on foundation. I still probably break out as regularly as before but my pores are diminshed and my forehead wrinkles are not as prominent thanks to paying more attention to my skincare regime.
ChristineHoll
152 posts
To be honest, before joining Beauty Review I only really wore makeup to weddings etc, and even then not much because I had no clue what I was doing! Now my room is full of beauty blenders, bossy brushes, stila, NYX, Anastasia Beverly Hills, smashbox, australis.....

So yeah, my bank balance has changed a fair bit, lol!
RachLouise
218 posts
Since joining Beauty Review I have stepped up my brush hygiene, changed the way I apply my makeup and fully changed my skincare techniques. You learn so much helpful and beauty routine changing tips on here!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!