Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Have any of you tried face exercises before?

9 posts, 9 members
JTDolan
1 posts
I was looking at natural ways to slim my face and came across this MASSIVE super detailed, well-sourced article on face exercises.

I was skeptical, but there's quite a few studies to back this stuff up.

In a 2018 study published in the journal JAMA Dermatology, facial yoga and exercises monitored over a 20-week period in a sample of 16 participants found significant and noticeable changes in their faces: researchers noted “firmer skin, fuller upper and lower cheeks” along with a more youthful appearance overall. The participants were middle-aged women aged 40 to 65. JAMA Dermatology is the leading, most-cited medical journal on dermatology.

In 2014 the Journal of Clinical & Diagnostic Research concluded in a study on facial exercises that “muscle conditioning, training and strengthening through daily exercises will help counterbalance the aging effects.

Another 2014 study published in the Aesthetic Surgery Journal, an overview was conducted which concluded that all nine outcomes produced positive results and noticeable “facial rejuvenation."

Anybody try face exercises before? I've started doing it for a week now and it's relaxing before going to bed. Not sure if the effects will be long-term YET, but I'm trying it out still.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I haven't but I know someone who used to do facial pilates. They didn't find it did anything for them. But scientifically there is no reason why it couldn't have potential results. 
MareeB
5241 posts
I've tried some double chin exercises. I guess they work if you do them daily.
Helibabi
101 posts
Ooooh definitely keen for some double chin exercises.. I didn’t know this was a thing so i’ve never thought about it before. Might have to have a look into it. 
Sophia
203 posts
I think this is a spam.
You can tone areas of your body but cannot remove fat from isolated areas. When weight comes off, it comes off everywhere, even if some areas are more noticeable than others. 
Sussy
5 posts
I found some exercises on the Internet for the face and have been doing them for a week now. I did not notice particularly distinguishing, but I hope in a couple of weeks there will be a result.
Missyshilo
12 posts
No but I watched the most funniest video on YouTube of someone doing them. I almost died! 
triffid
151 posts
Interesting articles.As you have muscles in your face you should be able to tone and develop them lke the rest of the body.I was told by my Mum to do a few excercises such as thrusting your head/jaw frward for the neck and jawline and blowing the cheeks ful off air plus weird lip movements.Not sure if they heled though.

I have an practitioner of Traditional Chinese medicine who I see regularly for a health issue and she looks so young.Turns out she does appearance accupunture and it tonifies the facial muscles which defines the features.She als doe sit to herself.
I think anything is possible
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
It's interesting as I've heard mixed things about moving your facial muscles. On one hand I've heard that you can tone your face with various exercises, but on the other hand I've heard you can get more wrinkles from doing lots of movement with your face! So I stick with doing some facial massages to help lymphatic drainage, because even though I want to tone my face I'm scared of wrinkles haha.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!