Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Hairloss after giving birth

11 posts, 6 members
RianaRoera
82 posts
Hi all so about 4months ago i gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. Anyway ive always had thick long hair but recently noticed that when im showering and washing my hair large chunks are coming out even when i brush. I know this is due to hormonal changes but does anyone have suggestions on how to slow the process down or to stop it. Im willing to buy a good product if i have to as im gonna be freaked out and paranoid about all the odd split ends.
Macs
5351 posts
Hi there, 

My hair does the same thing . Falls out in big clumps in shower and brushing .I’m currently trialing hair loss shampoo and haircare system by Keep it Anchored. I’ll let you know how it goes in a months time I should see some results. 
MareeB
5239 posts
When mine fell out the hairdresser told me it's a 9 month cycle and it'd be back in 9 months, which was pretty much what happened. Sometimes an iron supplement or a multivitamin can help.
MareeB
5239 posts
Love your new profile pic Macs :)
Macs
5351 posts
Thank you Maree. It’s been a while since I changed my pic. I took this at a party I attended last week.  I’ve been experimenting with contact lenses. 
SmileyPisces
253 posts
Hym.. i wonder if hair products containing more zinc would help reduce hair loss?
Mixy
33 posts
Ohh im the same, am also trialing the keep it anchored range too, im 10 1/2 months post partum so thought it would have slowed down or stopped by now but not looking like it. 
MareeB
5239 posts
I've just found out tonight that my Graves Disease has flared up and my thyroid is running red hot. That explains my hair loss recently :(
SmileyPisces
253 posts
Oh no Maree... Take care... Hope you get better soon... 
MareeB
5239 posts
Thanks SmileyPisces. I've been here before so I know what I'm in for. Unfortunately!
]After you give birth, your estrogen levels decline, and all that hair that was resting starts to fall out.[/color]there are certain methods you can try to at least minimize the appearance of the hair loss until your hormones can fully balance themselves out.1. Avoid brushing your hair as much as possible2. Take supplements that have vitamins with hair growth properties3. Trim your hair every once in a while to get rid of dead or split ends4. Try parting your hair differently to cover up bald spots5. Massage moisturizers into your hair to eliminate dryness

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!